Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Zoony Bin: The official '15 offseason Twitter thread, Whine room now open serving Francis Copious Speculation Cab, Lavar buffet Incl., tips included

SWFLSkins

Guess all we had to do was question our twitter insiders to get them to drop some knowledge ;)

I hope you're wrong, TK. I hope you're the wrongest wrongly wrongington that ever wronged.

Me too but the word I got was it was locked down.

pretty underwhelming hire if true.  his resume consists of LB coaching spots, and coaching the only defense to lose 16 games in a season (detroit in 08/09)  

and who knows if morris was to blame, but our DBs were atrocious and morris was in charge of that department, so him staying on doesnt give lots of warm and fuzzies.

From Scot's POV, no harm done with a terrible DC hire. His first year is a freebie if Gruden hangs himself with all the rope he's been given, and then he gets higher draft picks for the rebuild next year and can bring in his own coaching staff from top to bottom.

The defense lacks sufficient talent and the solution is to hire a DC who was dead last 2 years in a row because of the same problem? AND we're keeping Rah?

If this truly was a decision left for jay to make then he just ensured he'll be looking for a job this time next year.

I have faith in Scot to eventually turn us aroubd. I have no faith in Jay as HC, and it means in another year whoever our QB is will be learning yet another system. Terrible.

If this is true? Jays decision? He wont be here long. They gave him enough rope.

i hope mccloughlan sits them down and says "guys, knock off the tampa reunion ****".

No way. Let them hang themselves with it and he can start fresh. Let Snyder reap the consequences of the last truly stupid decision he and/or Bruce had a hand in.

Wow, the first contestant out of the gate comes with a soft toss. September!?!

Much later than I expected the guesses to begin....

well, being the optomist that i am, i cant count us out until weve played at least the first month of games. if under gruden in september we have a poor record, i will start my list of coaches i want for 2016  

From Scot's POV, no harm done with a terrible DC hire. His first year is a freebie if Gruden hangs himself with all the rope he's been given, and then he gets higher draft picks for the rebuild next year and can bring in his own coaching staff from top to bottom.

LOL I guess there's a bright side to everything huh, because I really thought this was the worst case scenario out of the bunch. 

Yeah, I mean, if we're going to strip parts from a team, at least try to salvage parts from a consistently winning franchise like the Patriots and Ravens.  Tampa sucks.

In a league of dudes who hire their buddies it makes sense to hire a HC that is buddies with winners, not losers but Gruden hasn't coached with any winners.

All Grudens guys are Allens guys from Tampa and all the good ones from Cinci were already taken therefore we are now 2009 Tampa 2.0

LOL I guess there's a bright side to everything huh, because I really thought this was the worst case scenario out of the bunch.

I'm not saying it doesn't suck for us the fans...I'm extremely disappointed that this guy is even a real option, never mind the possible final choice. I'm just saying that from our new GM's point of view, it's no skin off his back.

Or....he and Bruce begin to butt heads over decisions. Bruce isn't going to be happy with Mac firing all of his buddies.

Over/under on the amount of time that elapses before a "Coaching staff search: 2016" thread appears? ;)

3rd preseason game

Unless Scot McGloughan goes yard with the 2015 draft class

Because at this point, it seems that if we are to succeed, it will be because of better athletes, not better coaching

I'm not saying it doesn't suck for us the fans...I'm extremely disappointed that this guy is even a real option, never mind the possible final choice. I'm just saying that from our new GM's point of view, it's no skin off his back.

I see your perspective, but I'm sure in the back of SM's mind, he has to know that if the players he's picking look bad for whatever reason—whether lack of talent OR poor coaching—reflects poorly on him.  He shouldn't feel as though his rep is immune in this situation, because ultimately the players he picks are going to be the ones that hypothetically look bad if things go sour.

Or....he and Bruce begin to butt heads over decisions. Bruce isn't going to be happy with Mac firing all of his buddies.

I don't think Bruce has any power over the HC decision, but it's possible he has a real say. Won't matter if Gruden bombs the way many think he will.

Archived