Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Die Hard Positivity

Red Cloud

Just reading some of the threads, and there's a lot of us die hard long time fans feeling exasperated, and I thought I would say something positive...

I started watching the skins in time of Riggins & Theismann, back in the good old days when we won Superbowls...well, a couple anyway...

There's been plenty of lean times since then...oh god...so lean...

Then RG3 arrived, and we thought the long running hunt for a franchise quarterback was over.

Everything seemed good. Morris was running like a unstoppable train. Watching the read option, half the time I didn't know where the ball was myself, & opposing teams were wrong footed. The defense was making plays. Suddenly, and quite unexpectedly, I had hope again...

And now it's back to the wilderness...which after that recent hope makes it harder to bear.

But...the team with Riggins and Theismann weren't the greatest, they just made it happen. The team with RG3 in 2012 wasn't the greatest, but they found a way (almost). 

We have Morris, we have Jackson, we have RG3 (even if he looks nothing like RG2012), and there's a pile of other decent players (Garcon, Kerrigan, Williams, etc). There's a fine line between winning & losing (unless we play Tampa!). If we cross back to the other side of the line, the failures won't seem so bad, the bad players and plays will be forgotten, and the guys will go back to being our heroes.

That's the great thing about being a fan...there's always hope...always...

Hope has died for 2014. But as a consolation prize, we get a super high draft pick, and even a 1st round pick next time as well. Hope that makes you feel a little better. Now for my question:

How long 'til Colt McCoy gets another crack at it? But before you laugh, remember what they thought they had when the patriots drafted Tom Brady in the 6th round. So how long do you think Gruden will allow Griffin to stink up the field?

Or maybe I should ask it this way. We have three QB's who have been in this same system for the same exact length of time. Which one understands it the best at this point?

Whoever that guy is, shouldn't he be the one showing the others how its done? It's not that complicated. Isn't that the way things worked years ago, before we started paying rookies millions before they even stepped on the field? They didn't have to go through all of these problems and growing pains.

Hope has died for 2014. But as a consolation prize, we get a super high draft pick, and even a 1st round pick next time as well. Hope that makes you feel a little better. Now for my question:How long 'til Colt McCoy gets another crack at it? But before you laugh, remember what they thought they had when the patriots drafted Tom Brady in the 6th round. So how long do you think Gruden will allow Griffin to stink up the field?Or maybe I should ask it this way. We have three QB's who have been in this same system for the same exact length of time. Which one understands it the best at this point?Whoever that guy is, shouldn't he be the one showing the others how its done? It's not that complicated. Isn't that the way things worked years ago, before we started paying rookies millions before they even stepped on the field? They didn't have to go through all of these problems and growing pains.

Not until next year. Open competition for the position. If I was Gruden I would even state it after the season is over.

Hope has died for 2014. But as a consolation prize, we get a super high draft pick, and even a 1st round pick next time as well. Hope that makes you feel a little better. Now for my question:

How long 'til Colt McCoy gets another crack at it? But before you laugh, remember what they thought they had when the patriots drafted Tom Brady in the 6th round. So how long do you think Gruden will allow Griffin to stink up the field?

Or maybe I should ask it this way. We have three QB's who have been in this same system for the same exact length of time. Which one understands it the best at this point?

Whoever that guy is, shouldn't he be the one showing the others how its done? It's not that complicated. Isn't that the way things worked years ago, before we started paying rookies millions before they even stepped on the field? They didn't have to go through all of these problems and growing pains.

I don't know what kind of stuff you smoke.....but.....McCoy sucked in Cleveland, given time and other teams preparing for him......he will do an a Sanchez and suck again.

I've always though people that do this need medication for the emotion need of attention. I've finally come to the conclusion that the media portrays this kind of activity for the same reason.....both need medication.

We have Morris, we have Jackson, we have RG3 (even if he looks nothing like RG2012), and there's a pile of other decent players (Garcon, Kerrigan, Williams, etc). There's a fine line between winning & losing (unless we play Tampa!). If we cross back to the other side of the line, the failures won't seem so bad, the bad players and plays will be forgotten, and the guys will go back to being our heroes.

That's the great thing about being a fan...there's always hope...always...

interestingly enough you grade Morris and rg3 better than Williams that you grade "decent". I would start positivity with our stud LT.

I am positive we are in for a fight to right the ship once again. Yet to see a horizon on any side of the deck and the stars are few. But faith is not lost, I just know that there is an island with topless girls in grass skirts holding bottomless rum drinks in coconuts with little umbrella's. 

Hey it's my dream. PostcardToplessTahitiGirlBeautyDisp.jpg

I don't know what kind of stuff you smoke.....but.....McCoy sucked in Cleveland, given time and other teams preparing for him......he will do an a Sanchez and suck again.

I smoke a brand called "Reality." It's pretty good stuff, with a little bit of common sense mixed in, which we know is not very common anymore.

Judging McCoy in Cleveland is not a very good way to measure the skills of a QB. He had to learn a new system every single year, as they changed OC's every year. All of the elite QB's today have been in their current systems for years. I'm not against Griffin by any means, but just saying he is not ready to start in this system yet. Hopefully he'll get there, but he'll get there faster behind McCoy, who clearly has a much better grasp of the system at this point. Griffin definitely has more upside, but he's just not ready yet, which is the same thing we're hearing about our rookie OL draftees. The only difference is their positions.

So we have crowned Griffin the starter and thrown him to the wolves. Then we wonder why he appears to suck. The lights are on, but nobody's home. Hello!

I smoke a brand called "Reality." It's pretty good stuff, with a little bit of common sense mixed in, which we know is not very common anymore.

Judging McCoy in Cleveland is not a very good way to measure the skills of a QB. He had to learn a new system every single year, as they changed OC's every year. All of the elite QB's today have been in their current systems for years. I'm not against Griffin by any means, but just saying he is not ready to start in this system yet. Hopefully he'll get there, but he'll get there faster behind McCoy, who clearly has a much better grasp of the system at this point. Griffin definitely has more upside, but he's just not ready yet, which is the same thing we're hearing about our rookie OL draftees. The only difference is their positions.

So we have crowned Griffin the starter and thrown him to the wolves. Then we wonder why he appears to suck. The lights are on, but nobody's home. Hello!

The idea of McCoy being the starter for the Skins with a healthy Griffin is what's wrong with what you questioned.

It's just not a realistic (smoke) question to ask.

The idea of McCoy being the starter for the Skins with a healthy Griffin is what's wrong with what you questioned.

It's just not a realistic (smoke) question to ask.

Well, there were a lot of redskin fans leaving the stadium calling for McCoy to start again. Call it whatever you want (insanity, out of the question), but winning is contagious.

Well, there were a lot of redskin fans leaving the stadium calling for McCoy to start again. Call it whatever you want (insanity, out of the question), but winning is contagious.

Understood. And on the surface, sure it makes sense. But you don't have to dig very deep to see why going by that could really go south fast. There was a good part of the fanbase that called for John Beck too. Not to even mention all of our preseason heroes that come through here that our staff is "so stupid" for getting rid of, never to be seen anywhere in the league again. I think any points about starting Colt just on experience alone holds water. Journeyman or not, the guy has been around for a little while. Has had time to learn a couple systems, watch a lot of film, and gain some knowledge that can only be attributed to experience. I personally think he makes a really good backup or band aid. I'm not trying to knock your idea. I'm just saying the whole "Vote for Colt" thing just kinda smells of one of those situations. Plus, it doesn't really do much in terms of moving forward on making a decision on what to do about Griff.

To keep the initial discussion of positivity this thread was based on going though. I'm kinda looking at this as an extended preseason of sorts. I mean, why not? We're all well aware our playoff hopes are far down the tubes. I hope Jay uses this time to really get some good evaluation in. If we pull a few Ws along the way, awesome. But I think we have a few young linemen that need to see some real playing time and get a chance to try and gel. I think we have some young DBacks that are gaining more experience with every snap, along with a couple LBs. Our record may suck, and we may be watching some really bad football. But these are the kind of times that can be vaulable to a coaching staff if used properly.

I still can't believe that only 14 months ago, a group of us at the home opener pre tailgate made the local news, and I idiotically proclaimed that we were GOING to the NFC Championship Game. I'm as optimistic as they come. But this team has nearly sucked the life out of me, and that seems like a decade ago.

Now, every Sunday I feel like this

I've always though people that do this need medication for the emotion need of attention. I've finally come to the conclusion that the media portrays this kind of activity for the same reason.....both need medication.

as they have done with RGIII. This quote is one of the most blatant and obvious quotes that can be said of any QB in the league. It is a trivial argument and means absolutely nothing.

I am now and have been an RGIII supporter, but to say this as the prime argument against the backup guys is just dumb. The real argument is how well all the QB's adapt and adjust their games to stay successful. So far, few have done so, but is that the QB or coaching?

Die Hard Positivity - Positively the same old **** just different year. The circus comes to town every year and unfortunatlely, so does my Redskins. A three ring circus with clowns on offense, defense and special teams. As far as  hope goes, Im done for this year. Nonetheless, you can count on me to be standing outside the 2015 big tent that has banners and painted advertisements for the greatest show on earth.  

Archived