Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Die Hard Positivity

Red Cloud

man, have we seen anything similar, in terms of a roll out, to #7 ...

Watching that video.. Robert looks like the same exact player in terms of footwork, passing mechanics, everything.. it really tells me that Kyle's scheme in year 1 was perfectly fitted for Robert. And asking him to do something different is not working. Duh. Not rocket science, just goes to show how important it is to either have a player that fits your scheme, or scheme around the player. But not try to fit a round peg in to a square hole.

Watching that video.. Robert looks like the same exact player in terms of footwork, passing mechanics, everything.. it really tells me that Kyle's scheme in year 1 was perfectly fitted for Robert. And asking him to do something different is not working. Duh. Not rocket science, just goes to show how important it is to either have a player that fits your scheme, or scheme around the player. But not try to fit a round peg in to a square hole.

Robert sustained an injury that year that prevents him from ever being that player again. The entire football community of Planet Earth screamed at us time and time again that he would get hurt and ruin his career. It happened. We suck. It's over until Danny sells. He won't sell. It's over.

Just reading some of the threads, and there's a lot of us die hard long time fans feeling exasperated, and I thought I would say something positive...

I started watching the skins in time of Riggins & Theismann, back in the good old days when we won Superbowls...well, a couple anyway...

There's been plenty of lean times since then...oh god...so lean...

Then RG3 arrived, and we thought the long running hunt for a franchise quarterback was over.

Everything seemed good. Morris was running like a unstoppable train. Watching the read option, half the time I didn't know where the ball was myself, & opposing teams were wrong footed. The defense was making plays. Suddenly, and quite unexpectedly, I had hope again...

And now it's back to the wilderness...which after that recent hope makes it harder to bear.

But...the team with Riggins and Theismann weren't the greatest, they just made it happen. The team with RG3 in 2012 wasn't the greatest, but they found a way (almost). 

We have Morris, we have Jackson, we have RG3 (even if he looks nothing like RG2012), and there's a pile of other decent players (Garcon, Kerrigan, Williams, etc). There's a fine line between winning & losing (unless we play Tampa!). If we cross back to the other side of the line, the failures won't seem so bad, the bad players and plays will be forgotten, and the guys will go back to being our heroes.

That's the great thing about being a fan...there's always hope...always...

Great thread, exactly what I want to read. Alot of fans have just about given up for 2014. The remaining games are important to me for

1. See what we have in RG3 - let him playout the season and Gruden can make the call at the end of the season whether he brings him back or not - or at least bring another QB that can executive his type of offense;

2. Work out the rest of the roster for next year. Some young players to keep as the core of the team like Kerrigan, TWilliams, AMorris, KRobinson, Breeland and Amerson etc..;

3. Use remaining game to fine tune his play calling because they kinda suck;

4. Draft position

Eventhough we are out of the running, these remaining games are still important for progression into next year.

Archived