Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Sportsyahoo.com: (Update) RG3 is 'wild card' for Monday

MustangSteve

This is starting to sound like 2013 all over again.

Griffin might be ready, yada yada, now every mic north of the Mason Dixon line will be in his face, questioning his return date, and there will be a slip-up at some point in the media ****fest on Griffin and next thing we know he feels pressured to come back; back to a still ****ty oline, an equally ****ty defense who will have no prayer stopping the Cowboys offense, and end up being non-effective.

The season is halfway over with, the Redskins are opposite record of the NFCE leader with half a season to go and unless the Cowboys and Eagles fall flat on their face there's no realistic shot at paloffs, so why bother rushing him back?

May as well take our lumps, let him rest a few more weeks, see what Colt can/can't do, so there can be a little idea on who should be kept as a back-up. Drafting a back-up is going backwards, and IF they manage to snag a decent/good QB or one who surprises everyone in his skill, then we're right back to Griffin/Cousins pt. deaux.

May as well take our lumps, let him rest a few more weeks, see what Colt can/can't do, so there can be a little idea on who should be kept as a back-up. Drafting a back-up is going backwards, and IF they manage to snag a decent/good QB or one who surprises everyone in his skill, then we're right back to Griffin/Cousins pt. deaux.

My head agrees 100%. My heart wants RGIII come back and rip the heart out of Texas and send Dallas into a tailspin that sees them miss the playoffs...again. I've got dreams too skins island!

This is starting to sound like 2013 all over again.

Griffin might be ready, yada yada, now every mic north of the Mason Dixon line will be in his face, questioning his return date, and there will be a slip-up at some point in the media ****fest on Griffin and next thing we know he feels pressured to come back; back to a still ****ty oline, an equally ****ty defense who will have no prayer stopping the Cowboys offense, and end up being non-effective.

The season is halfway over with, the Redskins are opposite record of the NFCE leader with half a season to go and unless the Cowboys and Eagles fall flat on their face there's no realistic shot at paloffs, so why bother rushing him back?

We need to know what we have in Griffen. Now I agree don't rush him back; but if he is ready to go then he needs to play irregardless of record at the time. We will have a high pick this year and IMO will next year as well. This is where you find the upper ecehlon QB prospects that we would be able to pick from. I'm sure Allen and gruden wont want another generational QB prospect to slip from their fingers because we don't know what we have at the QB position.

I still like Cousins compared to Colt McCoy. I don't think the skins will win either way, so at least he's amusing and will throw the ball downfield with reckless abandon. Plus his performances make this board hilarious to read.

Colts got the arm of chad Pennington, may very well have subterranean hamster blood in his ancestry, and lacks moxie. Plus his professed Christianity makes him a target for satan.

Not a fan.

Cousins and rg3 are also Christian. I'd rather have Christ on my side and I don't care who's against me.

Perfect time for Gruden to display his new offensive pkg, called 'th' Dbl Barrel Shotgun'.

Cousins under center, McCoy flanked left, Griffin flanked right, Morris center.

X

Y              Z

V

It'll confuse the **** outta the defense, and probably everyone else as well.

{ this is what happens when I haven't had my morning DP ]

Now that my DP has kicked in, the only way I could see pressure taken off the o-line and whoever is behind center is to run a 4 WR. set the entire game; at least make them honor the WRs, and if they don't then make em pay for it.

FTR, i'm not ready to give up on Cousins, the kid has the tools, just hit a nasty funk, but then again the entire team hit it too. Some quality QB coaching up and a week or 2 and he should be ok.

anybody think of Josh McCown when thinking about McCoy?? 

Started 27 games in 10 years and had 27 TD's with 44 Int's during that time ... gets in last year, starts 5 games and has 13 TD's and 1 INT. 

Sure he had Marshall and Jefferies, but I like Djax and Garcon man. 

Just saying, there's at least some precedence for Colt to come in and be decent. 

Here's my take on the situation:

1) Gruden has incentives not to play RG3 this week.  First off, he seems like a solid guy, and it would be mega-stupid to play RG3 in an intense, but meaningless, game after he's been out 6 weeks.  100% means his ankle is fully healed; it doesn't mean that he's totally game fit.  Second, there are some weak teams coming up after the Cowboys game (please note I didn't say easy wins), and for Gruden's image it would look better if he won games with RG3, given that the Cousin's myth is now fully discredited.  If he loses with RG3 and Cousins, what's the plan for next year - other than find a new coach?  If he wins with RG3, the story is that the Skins would have been, at a minimum, a contender if RG3 hadn't been injured.  Third, there was a lot of slipping at Cowboys Stadium last week and that can't be good.  If RG3 gets hurt, it will be the same story again - except this time, the coach won't be sacrificing his top player for a playoff win, he'll be sacrificing him in a meaningless game where a win only reduces the value of the team's upcoming draft choices.

2) So, if RG3 starts, I can only assume that someone else made the call, overruling Gruden on a game decision.

3) FWIW, I don't think the threat of RG3 playing is anything other the gamesmanship. McCoy starts, Cousins backs up, RG3 watches.

I don't think RG3 plays, Gruden is creating the sense that there is a chance though.  I am fine with Colt and I do believe he is better than what most people think.  He doesnt have the best arm but he is a winner.  Manage the game and distribute the ball to the right person.  We have playmakers, attack the Ds weaknesses each play and eliminate mistakes.  The qb is mostly mental with knowing where to throw the ball (PManning)  if Colt has the ability to read defenses and make good decisions, we will be fine.  I guess we will find out MNF.

I don't think RG3 plays, Gruden is creating the sense that there is a chance though.  I am fine with Colt and I do believe he is better than what most people think.  He doesnt have the best arm but he is a winner.  Manage the game and distribute the ball to the right person.  We have playmakers, attack the Ds weaknesses each play and eliminate mistakes.  The qb is mostly mental with knowing where to throw the ball (PManning)  if Colt has the ability to read defenses and make good decisions, we will be fine.  I guess we will find out MNF.

Montana didn't have the best arm either

Make him wait until after the bye.

I agree with this. The seasons over with so what's the rush? He didn't look so good against the Texans, so what's going to make him better than Colt against the Cowboys? I'll say the one thing FOR NOW that I noticed with Colt is... hmmm, our receivers DO appear to be open. I'd like to see a little more of what Colt does in the next 2 games before RGIII comes in after the bye... just to establish our backup for awhile.  

I don't mind Colt starting if RG3 isn't healthy.  DJax takes a hit, but I don't doubt we are still going to test deep after a few dinks and dunks even if it is only Pennington deep balls.  We saw what we have in Kirk and mentally he is not suitable for Monday night Dallas.  We don't know if Colt is either, but I would like to see what we have.

I'm not expecting Colt to tear it up, but we have a decent track record when we have to play the next guy in line at QB.  Many QB's fooled us on depth change.  Todd Collins, Grossman, Kirk, Colt?....They fill in for halftime, injury, whatever and they always wow us fans and get our hopes up.  They come out the week after and start whooping again get us real fired up.  Then they just lay an egg for the rest of the games and look lost.  I remember when DMac5 threw for like 500 yards Week 1 against the Texans.  I got really excited and thought we were going to do work that year.  What a nightmare that was.

Perfect time for Gruden to display his new offensive pkg, called 'th' Dbl Barrel Shotgun'.

Cousins under center, McCoy flanked left, Griffin flanked right, Morris center.

X

Y              Z

V

It'll confuse the **** outta the defense, and probably everyone else as well.

Im with ya, but then we need to trade our #1 and #2 picks (add in some trade bait if needed) to move up and draft a center as the 1st pick overall! He'll be able to snap the ball at any angle & distance! They'll never know where it's coming from! We'll also be running this in our "polished" hurry up offense!! I can't ****ing wait!! #Superbowl16' :lol:

My head agrees 100%. My heart wants RGIII come back and rip the heart out of Texas and send Dallas into a tailspin that sees them miss the playoffs...again. I've got dreams too skins island!

This is a very nice dream!! I'm going to share it too!!! Nothing more than the above scenario to make this year!!

Archived