Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Sportsyahoo.com: (Update) RG3 is 'wild card' for Monday

MustangSteve

Just because Griffin is physically ready, the mental aspect, the reps, being in 'football shape', all play a huge and under-rated part that most don't think about.

This is a guy who we gave the farm for, and some want to send him out before he's fully 100% ready in all aspects. Him going out monday night will do nothing but make him look bad. He will most likely be way off on timing, normal gametime jitters will have him unusually amped up, and it makes a recipe for disaster.

Let Colt start, and if he doesn't do any good, send in Cousins.

I will say it is a bit ironic though, when Griffin struggled, the cries were 'he needs to go through some growing pains', but Cousins struggles and he's ready for the glue factory. In fact, IF Griffin does start, and he struggles, the very same echoes will be heard about him.

No wonder we go through so many QBs.

Exactly!

I personally don't really care. My guess is that bringing Griffin back on MNF seems to be pushing it given that he is still limited in practice. We are also already playing for nothing and the entirety of November and December will be geared toward getting him the reps he needs, so I just don't see the rush. 

It seems that the safest thing to do would be to let him get a full week of practice in before he suits up for a game. I realize that might mean another game or two of playing a backup, but we are looking at a 6-win season, at best, anyway. 

As I said though...all I really care about is that this is a Gruden decision. If he's ultimately deciding Griffin's status, I'm cool with either outcome. 

I will say it is a bit ironic though, when Griffin struggled, the cries were 'he needs to go through some growing pains', but Cousins struggles and he's ready for the glue factory. In fact, IF Griffin does start, and he struggles, the very same echoes will be heard about him.

No wonder we go through so many QBs.

Agreed on the first point of this post...however, i say again, that is why you have coaches. They are assessing the whether or not he's ready aspect. I am assuming that if they decide that he is...that it encompasses the physical as much as it does the mental...if not...then they're doing it wrong & we have a problem of another sort.

To the point above.. it misses the entire point with why most of us see KC for what he is now. He can probably get better...but it would essentially relegate him to a game manager. He makes mistakes that are indicative of someone who is making up for tools that they simply do not possess. The upside with KC is to cut off his cajones & make him forget his gunslinger days, & play more like Colt McCoy did last week. Altogether not so terrible...but hardly franchise material. With RGIII his only hurdle is the mental aspect of the game. He requires time & patience & good coaching to learn a different way to ply his craft. He also doesn't have a penchant for deadly turnovers, doesn't shy away from the moment, & has had examples of playing exquisitely in primetime/crunchtime...something KC has proven he is all but incapable of doing.

I dont want to do like half the posters and say what we should and shouldn't do since exactly NONE of us know where he is at physically at this very moment.  We can guess, but we don't KNOW.  I'll say this though:

IF he does play, we better have a healthy dose of read option, its the only thing that prevents teams from blitzing the crap out of him all game and risking further injury.  Plus it opens up the playbook.

Agreed on the first point of this post...however, i say again, that is why you have coaches. They are assessing the whether or not he's ready aspect. I am assuming that if they decide that he is...that it encompasses the physical as much as it does the mental...if not...then they're doing it wrong & we have a problem of another sort.

To the point above.. it misses the entire point with why most of us see KC for what he is now. He can probably get better...but it would essentially relegate him to a game manager. He makes mistakes that are indicative of someone who is making up for tools that they simply do not possess. The upside with KC is to cut off his cajones & make him forget his gunslinger days, & play more like Colt McCoy did last week. Altogether not so terrible...but hardly franchise material. With RGIII his only hurdle is the mental aspect of the game. He requires time & patience & good coaching to learn a different way to ply his craft. He also doesn't have a penchant for deadly turnovers, doesn't shy away from the moment, & has had examples of playing exquisitely in primetime/crunchtime...something KC has proven he is all but incapable of doing.

Alot better.

Cousins has it in him; he did great against the Eagles, and yes he laid an egg against the Giants, but as with Griffin, he is a young QB who can be groomed with a good QB coach. His strength isn't scrambling, but he does have the tools to be IMO more than a game manager. How good? N one knows, but he's not hot garbage, he is going through what every QB goes through, a slump.

The timing is bad on this slump, with Griffin being hurt, and an untested McCoy, but this is where the Redskins mess up; bailing on a young QB and/or poor QB coaching. The discussion about Trent Green is similar; Trent didn't light up the world with his skills, but had enough talent to succeed; no faith in him, thus his value vs what he thought he was worth cost the team his services, one of which had Mike Martz as OC.

If McCoy struggles monday night, Cousins could very well be sent right back in; maybe the benching sank in and now he'd be determined to avenge his past play, which altogether wasn't horribly bad.

My friends saw her at Wiz game last year and said she made everyone look ugly, they threw around words like "stunning" and "jaw dropping." These are average dudes, that have been around the block a few times, so I perked up (no pun intended) when they said this. Is she that hot? 

Sit Griffin, even if he's a 100%.  NO way he's football ready, mentally or physically. Needs at least one more week. 

They must have been messing with you.  She's a 6....MAX!

They must have been messing with you.  She's a 6....MAX!

You know man, I've seen the pics, she's gorgeous, but I agree, they were going nuts. 

They were kind of saying, and it's weird, cause they are pretty shallow dudes, pics don't do her justice. 

My friends saw her at Wiz game last year and said she made everyone look ugly, they threw around words like "stunning" and "jaw dropping." These are average dudes, that have been around the block a few times, so I perked up (no pun intended) when they said this. Is she that hot? 

Sit Griffin, even if he's a 100%.  NO way he's football ready, mentally or physically. Needs at least one more week. 

I have met Diana out in Dupont. Off air she is definitely very good looking, and very nice and easy to speak with. My fiance (who works in the media) assumes that Diana has an image consultant that makes her look a bit more "mature" so that she gets taken more seriously on air. 

Archived