Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Is it me, or has Alfred Morris been putting the ball on the ground a lot as of late?

RonArtest15

I don't think Morris's technique is the issue. He's just one of those guys who always runs hard and focuses more on picking up extra yards after contact instead of securing the ball. In other words, he's basically sacrificing ball security for extra yardage. I love that about him, but I think he should focus more on hanging on to the ball after a certain point. There should be a happy medium in there somewhere. But I'm not too worried about it. If your RBs only issue is fumbling then I'll take that everytime because that is easily correctable.

And Morris is indeed a top 5 RB in the league. I mean he's 4th in the league in rushing yards right now and that's without yet having one of his signature big games. I bet he runs wild over the Giants this Thursday.

• 4 weeks later...

He almost lost one yesterday.  Sorry for the bump, but I'm getting VERY nervous with Morris carrying the rock.  He's not running particularly well, the o-line is in shambles, etc.  All of it is a recipe for disaster.  With he window for RBs in this league being very small, would it be out of the realm of possibility that we have a different starter at this time next year? 

He is definitely a fumbler. He puts one on the ground every game. he was lucky the rules allowed that one yesterday to be reversed,, I mean, the guy DID grab him and knock him off balance, but he went another 4 yards before hitting the ground. 

Opposing defenses have to know it, and they are keying on it.

Now, on the play when he left for his ankle injury,, i hope everyone DID notice #53 for the Titans DROP on his leg like a pro wrassler.

the guy came into the pileup like a punk at the end, pulling and shoving people,and then he just lifted up and did a body drop. No one touched him, he didn't dive,, he lifted his legs out behind him and did a wrasslin' move.

I didn't see what he hit, but morris comes out with a problem on the back of his ankle. Given where he was in that pile the last time i saw him, I'd say it's a better than 98% chance that 53 is a dirty ****er who should get his own ankle clipped one day.

~Bang

It's just you. There are no fumbles to be seen. Nothing to worry about.

Ok, whew. 

It's almost like he's hit a wall.  Hasn't hit 100 yards since last year vs. Minnesota. 

The fumbling, lack of pass protection, and the fact he struggles catching the ball out of the backfield, really makes me wonder what his status with the team will be next year?  I said it before, but I could see this team making a run at a Gio Bernard type of RB in the 2015 draft. 

Ok, whew.

It's almost like he's hit a wall. Hasn't hit 100 yards since last year vs. Minnesota.

The fumbling, lack of pass protection, and the fact he struggles catching the ball out of the backfield, really makes me wonder what his status with the team will be next year? I said it before, but I could see this team making a run at a Gio Bernard type of RB in the 2015 draft.

Yeah I like Morris a lot but he just isn't the same as he was the past two seasons. I hope he can somehow figure it out soon

Griffin can hold the backside pursuit on stretch plays, creating good cutback lanes. That's a bonus in this offense. But it's not as if defenses were worried about Griffin running a year ago and Morris still ran well. When I was on ESPN980 the other day, Brian Mitchell suggested Morris isn't breaking as many tackles because he's worried about fumbling. That's a former running back talking so it's worth paying attention to the theory.

http://espn.go.com/blog/washington-redskins/post/_/id/12118/second-thoughts-redskins-titans?utm_medium=twitter&utm_source=twitterfeed

Ok, whew. 

It's almost like he's hit a wall.  Hasn't hit 100 yards since last year vs. Minnesota. 

The fumbling, lack of pass protection, and the fact he struggles catching the ball out of the backfield, really makes me wonder what his status with the team will be next year? I said it before, but I could see this team making a run at a Gio Bernard type of RB in the 2015 draft.

What fumbling?  He has 2 fumbles, zero lost, this season.  Are we really going to panic over nonexistent "almost" fumbles?  Perhaps we should wait until he loses one before we panic.  

As for the running, he's a zone runner.  I thought that was known and the reason this team drafted him.  The team has gone to a different style of running and in every game I've seen they can't block this new style at all.  The guards are getting knocked out of the way like practice dummies.  If they are going away from the zone running game he's probably not the guy we want.  Seems kind of stupid to change the only aspect of the offense that was working but every coach is going to do what they want.

In pass protection Alfred Morris is not the problem there.  He's not Clinton Portis but he's not Roy Helu either.  The Pass protection problem is the lines inability to block more than the running backs failing to do their job.   

He almost lost one yesterday.  Sorry for the bump, but I'm getting VERY nervous with Morris carrying the rock.  He's not running particularly well, the o-line is in shambles, etc.  All of it is a recipe for disaster.  With he window for RBs in this league being very small, would it be out of the realm of possibility that we have a different starter at this time next year? 

I believe we will have a different starter before the end of the season.

What fumbling?  He has 2 fumbles, zero lost, this season.  Are we really going to panic over nonexistent "almost" fumbles?  Perhaps we should wait until he loses one before we panic.  

As for the running, he's a zone runner.  I thought that was known and the reason this team drafted him.  The team has gone to a different style of running and in every game I've seen they can't block this new style at all.  The guards are getting knocked out of the way like practice dummies.  If they are going away from the zone running game he's probably not the guy we want.  Seems kind of stupid to change the only aspect of the offense that was working but every coach is going to do what they want.

In pass protection Alfred Morris is not the problem there.  He's not Clinton Portis but he's not Roy Helu either.  The Pass protection problem is the lines inability to block more than the running backs failing to do their job.   

Sorry, bruh....but you need to take the b&g colored glasses off for a second.  There have been a few close calls where we retained possession...however, let's not gloss over this like it's not a problem. 

Sorry, bruh....but you need to take the b&g colored glasses off for a second.  There have been a few close calls where we retained possession...however, let's not gloss over this like it's not a problem. 

Me a homer?  That's a first!  Here's the thing, a fumble is a fumble, and he has exactly 2.  That's not a homer statement, that's factual.  He has zero turnovers on the season.  Not one.  Let's wait until he has one, just one, before we freak out about fumbles. 

I think his ineffectiveness running the ball is a much greater cause of concern. 

Just about everyone who handles the ball this year has butter fingers it seems.. Im more worried why they'd keep the same personnel yet change the scheme?  Was said yesterday he runs much better from the "I", as a 1 cut back.. But a lot of his carries are from the gun this year, plus we've stopped zone blocking scheme? Sounds like a piss poor plan, imo.. :wacko:

...and him struggling to gain yards may have him pressing and contributing to the ball hitting the ground?

Hurts me to say it but the "Shanny-back" thing may hold world. He still has great ability in terms of getting extra yards but even that looks to be almost gone.

Hopefully he breaks loose soon. Someone brought up a good point in a thread that I can't remember: He barely played in the preseason...like at all. Might have something to do with it

Archived