Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Destiny Thread (PS4 and Xbox One)

Dont Taze Me Bro

Multiplayer interface is way better on Xbox. You guys are wasting time on the PS4.

We've had a steady Xbox group for a few years now. We started with Modern Warfare 2 and have stuck around since. You can get online at any point and find someone to group up with.

I usually buy both consoles at some point.  Maybe not this time for a while.  But my sister and brother in law went PS4 along with my other friends, so I went with that first.  She jumped on the other night in Destiny with me, so it's all good :)

Oh man!  Just had my best Crucible PvP match ever.  Was doing Control, most important, we won.  Ended up with the top score overall on both teams (5065), 20 kills, 5 captures and a 3.33 K/D ratio.  

I was a ****ing monster.  Especially when I got a hold of the heavy ammo.  Nobody had a chance.  The six times I did die, was sacrificing myself for the capture (i.e. bum rushing so they could get the flag).

Just started playing. Haven't played pvp yet just solo....at lower levels how do you play coop? I login and I'm always just playing by myself. Also is there any point in playing pvp at lower level since my stats and gear all suck? Is there like a looking for group or anything like that for coop? I'm stonehill21 on ps4 if anyone wants to add me.

welcome to the group stoney. 

PVP gear: We've gone over this quite a bit in the previous pages.  Re-read it, and if you still have questions we can go over it again.

Also, we've posted our screen names - so make sure to add us.

Playing co-op.

1.  you need to have your fireteam settings to public.  Even if you are on someones friends list, you cannot join without an invite if they are set to private.  (unless you don't wanna share with people)

2.  You can invite people to play with you from the surroundings or from the Tower, also receive invites from others.  Invites work on the PS4 side, not the destiny side - so there is a slight delay when you click invite, then you click send.

3.  When doing strikes, you are automatically dropped into a fireteam.  Sometimes you have to go it alone, the vast majority of times, you will have 2 random people join you.

4.  If you have a friend on, jump in their fireteam.  I have yet to have someone tell me to leave them alone.  All you can do is help each other.  No noticeable difference in gameplay at all.  (Not like Diablo 3 where some dude joins, stays in town, and you get skull drug by zombies until they leave)

Holy hardness.

The nightfall mission is nigh impossible unless you are at least 27.  Rolled in there last night with a beast crew and it took us 20 minutes to clear the first room.  "ARC BURN"....so why does my arc damage get resisted LOL.  Sillyness.  Its frustrating because I am 2 ascendant shards from being 27, and another ~12 from 28.  SO CLOSE.

I've only done a few missions/strikes so far. Some of them are pretty brutal. I just got my first exotic weapon bounty last night. At the end I have to defeat some boss in a level 26 version of the Summoning Pits Strike on the moon. I'm level 24 atm so I don't think I'm ready to tackle that yet. But the prize is an exotic hand cannon(my favorite weapon type) I must have!

I'm pretty sure the xbox crew is incredible at this game, as usual.

I need to get up with you guys in order to tackle some of the harder strikes and get my character better loot. I've been stuck at 24 for two weeks and my friends don't play enough to be useful.

My gamertag is Rebelaganistsin.

Once I hit 20 I got to 24 pretty quickly after that. Then I hit the wall as well. That's as far as you can get without legendary armor. Unless you luck out with a purple drop you have to grind out faction rep. I'm almost there though. 220 more rep with FWC and I get my first legendary armor piece. 

Finally hit the level cap. Thank god. Should I level up faction or grind crucible?

I'm leveling up faction through the crucible bounties.  As long as you have your faction item equipped, you get the Crucible and Vanguard bounties rep/credit converted towards the faction for that legendary gear when you turn them in.

And you get the rep from doing the crucible match too with it equipped.  If you haven't grinded crucible, go faction all the way and grind through crucible.

I'm leveling up faction through the crucible bounties. As long as you have your faction item equipped, you get the Crucible and Vanguard bounties rep/credit converted towards the faction for that legendary gear when you turn them in.

And you get the rep from doing the crucible match too with it equipped. If you haven't grinded crucible, go faction all the way and grind through crucible.

Ok awesome. You're the best taze xD.

I just beat the story.. Didn't even realize I beat it until the cutscene started rolling out. Still don't know wtf a black garden is or the traveler.. Hope they add onto the story. Not like bungie to completely destroy storymode.

Ok awesome. You're the best taE xD.

I just beat the story.. Didn't even realize I beat it until the cutscene started rolling out. Still don't know wtf a black garden is or the traveler.. Hope they add onto the story. Not like bungie to completely destroy storymode.

I plan to go back and finish the story mode later on.  After I hit level 15 on my warlock, I decided to switch to a Titan, only did the story mode to level 6, then Crucible grinding all the way to 20.  Then I discovered the faction stuff and decided that New Monarchy gave me the two stats I wanted most in PvP.

What sucks is cause I grinded crucible, I was halfway to rank 2 where I could pick up crucible legendary gear, but it didnt have the stats I wanted.  But you cant pick a faction til level 20, so I had to start over.  But Im not far from rank 2 now in my faction, then its time to gear up.  

I should hit level 25 soon.  **** is fun as hell bro.

Ok awesome. You're the best taze xD.

At this point I'm blaming Activision for this. Bungie wasn't this bad at telling a story when Microsoft was their publisher. After four years of creating a game, whole sections of the game starts getting cut out of the base game and being turned into DLC. Typical Activision. 

Archived