Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Destiny Thread (PS4 and Xbox One)

Dont Taze Me Bro

Yea I have it for the one.

Anyone having server issues? I can't connect to anything

Same here. Just keep getting kicked.. Works for 30 mins then Bam. Gone. Hope they have it ready to go after the skins game.

Also

Bungie Kills Destiny Loot Cave

Bye bye, Loot Cave. Bungie has finally cracked down on the now-iconic exploit that players were using to get loads and loads of loot in the multiplayer shooter Destiny, which Bungie released earlier this month for PS4, PS3, Xbox One, and Xbox 360.

A patch that went live this afternoon officially nerfed the cave and reduced the spawn rate, effectively killing it as a place to farm loot:

The Hive of the holy "Treasure Cave" have realized the futility of their endless assault on Skywatch and have retired to lick their wounds and plan their next attack.

The Loot Cave—a landmark on Destiny's Earth that would spawn an infinite number of new enemies—had become a popular place for high-level players to congregate and grind for loot over the past few weeks, to the point where it was something of a meme. In many ways the Loot Cave served as an apt metaphor for the addictive-yet-excruciating grind of Destiny itself, as Kirk captured in his review. Now it's no more.

http://kotaku.com/bungie-kills-destiny-loot-cave-1639154905

Is it anything like GTA 5? I can't stand games like that.

If you mean can other people randomly kill you then no, it isn't like that. The only real PVP to my knowledge is in the Crucible which is typical matchmaking type multiplayer deathmatch type stuff.

I decided it wasn't for me personally. I'm not big on loot games and that seems to be the general appeal of this one at least in the single player/campaign.

I want either more story focus and purpose or more co-op fun rather than what appears, at least to me, to be running through the same 4-5 worlds and enemies you hit at the beginning again and again with higher levels and difficulty to get better gear.

Is it anything like GTA 5? I can't stand games like that.

I haven't played GTA5, or any of that franchise since the original and second one on the regular PS, but I don't think its like that.  It's a mix of a MMORPG and FPS.  So, you create your character, then start missions on Earth, there are some co-op missions too and you start ranking up.  Once you start ranking up and advancing through the missions, it unlocks other planets and more missions, etc.

Your character and their skills along with their weapons and armor upgrade to.  You unlock PvP at level 5 and its structured just like any FPS is (for the most part) with a map rotation and various game modes.  It is much smaller scale PvP than say Battlefield as its 6 vs 6, 3 vs 3 or 6 total players in FFA game mode.  Maps are smaller though and the gameplay is fast paced, so you're not looking forever to engage in a fight.

The respawn points are fantastic, I haven't seemed to have any issues getting mowed down immediately after respawning.  You get special moves that unleash pain on your enemy, but you have to get that meter full to use it, so an average player may get to use it 2-3 times per game, sometimes more based on your kill count and if you pick up orbs (dropped by your team doing those moves).

So it's a good mix of MMORPG, story, co-op and PvP.  These other guys can probably speak better about the later ranked content than myself, cause I basically PvP'd my way to Level 20 from Level 5 and have avoided most of the story on the second char I created.  Though, the story/single/co-op mode is very well designed and great.  

Same here. Just keep getting kicked.. Works for 30 mins then Bam. Gone. Hope they have it ready to go after the skins game.

Also

Bungie Kills Destiny Loot Cave

Bye bye, Loot Cave. Bungie has finally cracked down on the now-iconic exploit that players were using to get loads and loads of loot in the multiplayer shooter Destiny, which Bungie released earlier this month for PS4, PS3, Xbox One, and Xbox 360.

A patch that went live this afternoon officially nerfed the cave and reduced the spawn rate, effectively killing it as a place to farm loot:

The Loot Cave—a landmark on Destiny's Earth that would spawn an infinite number of new enemies—had become a popular place for high-level players to congregate and grind for loot over the past few weeks, to the point where it was something of a meme. In many ways the Loot Cave served as an apt metaphor for the addictive-yet-excruciating grind of Destiny itself, as Kirk captured in his review. Now it's no more.

The Hive of the holy "Treasure Cave" have realized the futility of their endless assault on Skywatch and have retired to lick their wounds and plan their next attack.

http://kotaku.com/bungie-kills-destiny-loot-cave-1639154905

NOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!  **** YOU BUNG-HOLES-IE!  Man I just missed out on that, ****.

Im halfway to Crucible rank 2 (1090/2000).  Should I stick with it since I'm gonna spend most of my nights PvPing?  Or should I join a faction and go for the legendary gear there?  I read that if you picked one it transferred all your Vanguard and Crucible points to that towards gear.  But if its the same rate of earning rep and I'll still be at rank 1, halfway there, it wouldnt be worth it right?

How do you join factions?

I dunno, lol.  I came across it when Googling "Destiny fastest way to farm gear crucible rank" or something like that.  It was talking about joining a faction once you hit level 20 and they were unlocked.  This wasn't the site I came across last night, but an explanation of factions:

http://www.primagames.com/games/destiny/tips/destiny-how-choose-best-faction

I tell you what man, this game throws a ton of content at you once you hit 20 lol.  It's great, but a lot for newer players.

Just found this walkthrough guide that explains stuff pretty good:  http://www.gamesradar.com/destiny-factions-reputation-gear-guide/

Ok, so basically factions build off the Crucible marks and Vanguard rep with the faction (cloak, badge or bond) equipped.  

So, you can still rank up in the Crucible and Vanguard bounties when you want to or equip your faction thing before you do the mission/PvP and it will convert to faction rep (for vanguard missions) or faction credits (crucible marks).

How do you join factions?

You just need to purchase a class bond from the faction you want to join, and have that bond equipped when you're fighting in the crucible. Having it equipped means you represent that faction, and your accomplishments become theirs. You'll then begin earning whatever you need to purchase their legendary weapons and gear. 

Loot ginding: Do the earth mission where you get the warp drive.

Over and Over and Over....I got 4 legendary engrams and tons of blues and greens last night.

Also, there is a boss at the end and depending on what level you do the mission on (me - 24) you get tons of yellow dudes to kill as well.

Entire run takes MAYBE 10 minutes.  I counted 85 enemies in the restricted area (resets to last checkpoint)

They won't nerf doing missions.

Also the mission on Venus with all the portals (Eye of the Gate Lord- I think it's called) Don't destroy the portals and a never ending stream of Vex to blast through.  I spent an hour in there and had to leave because my bags were full of engrams.

Loot ginding: Do the earth mission where you get the warp drive.

Over and Over and Over....I got 4 legendary engrams and tons of blues and greens last night.

Also, there is a boss at the end and depending on what level you do the mission on (me - 24) you get tons of yellow dudes to kill as well.

Entire run takes MAYBE 10 minutes.  I counted 85 enemies in the restricted area (resets to last checkpoint)

They won't nerf doing missions.

Also the mission on Venus with all the portals (Eye of the Gate Lord- I think it's called) Don't destroy the portals and a never ending stream of Vex to blast through.  I spent an hour in there and had to leave because my bags were full of engrams.

I will have to give this a try. Sitting and shooting dudes in a cave is not fun for me. 

Archived