Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Destiny Thread (PS4 and Xbox One)

Dont Taze Me Bro

Alright guys so I have a question about crucible marks. I played like 7 games of control and won 5 of 6, finishing first on my team Everytime and completing 3 bounties and I got no marks. Hell, after the first 3 games I didn't get any loot either.

Also, at level 14, should I spend or save my glimmer?

Alright guys so I have a question about crucible marks. I played like 7 games of control and won 5 of 6, finishing first on my team Everytime and completing 3 bounties and I got no marks. Hell, after the first 3 games I didn't get any loot either.

Also, at level 14, should I spend or save my glimmer?

You don't start earning marks until level 18 I believe.

You don't start earning marks until level 18 I believe.

This^^  And you won't get loot every time, its completely random.  It literally sucks at times.  One game last night we won, I was the top player on my team, with like a near 3.0 K/D ratio and well over 3000 points in the match.  

The guy that did not participate almost at all got the legendary weapon drop and another piece of gear.  I got nothing.  Hell, I've seen games where we stomped another team and no member get any loot.  

Glimmer is easy to get, I wouldn't go haywire with it, especially if you're just doing mainly PvP (like I do), cause it's very balanced.  I was the top player at times when I was level 8 and playing against players that were all like 19+ in level.  

I just plow through crucible bounties and have fun PvPing and I am up to close to 20K glimmer, not sure if thats a lot on the grand scale, but I've just started using it to upgrade my armor/weapon stats, primarily after I hit level 20, currently 22 now.  

Yeah glimmer is not too hard to come by right now.  I use it for when my gear levels up, but that's it.  There's really nothing really useful outside of that to spend it on.  I bought a new sparrow and a new ship just because I didn't have anything to do with the excess glimmer.  I'm sure this will bite me in the ass when they release content that requires glimmer for something really cool, but for right now I wouldn't feel bad about spending it.

I got some message from some guy I played a Crucible round with that read:  "Could you suck ass any more.  Go back to CoD."  I did LOL.  I have no idea what game mode/match he was from, I spam them all trying to do the bounties.  If its get 20 melee kills, I'm running and gunning with my fists without a care in the world about K/D ratio.

For some reason, I want to say it was on a salvage mission, there was one where no matter what I did, I got killed.  It was like Id start shooting one guy, then get melee'd or shot in the back by another.  Or I'd run into a crowd of enemies out of nowhere.  There were a couple of games, I just sat crouched cause I was eating dinner lol.

nice DTMB, I get those almost daily now, and they are always saying GO BACK TO COD/BF like that is really supposed to hurt my feelings?  Bad kids and their excuses will always crack me up.

If anything I'm from Halo considering my play style.

nice DTMB, I get those almost daily now, and they are always saying GO BACK TO COD/BF like that is really supposed to hurt my feelings?  Bad kids and their excuses will always crack me up.

If anything I'm from Halo considering my play style.

I'm never playing this game again.........my feelings hurt........****ing stupid ass kids.  

Skirmish mode is pretty fun, if you have a team that actually stays together instead of spreading out, so you can revive easier.  Which is almost always not the case.  I was doing the bounty to complete 5 skirmish matches Sunday and got lucky the first two matches cause we stuck together the entire game and kicked major ass.  Second game, the other two players stayed, so we were on the same team again.

Then I had to hop off for a few minutes.  Get into my third game and I'm the only one that did anything the entire match.  My other guys were just sitting there in the same spot doing absolutely nothing.  I end up having a score like 1000+ points, they each had something like 100 points.

I look at the K/D ratio and I was like 11 kills, 0 assists, 10 deaths.  Those assholes were like 1 kill, 0 assists, 17 deaths each.  And one of them got a legendary drop and the other a blue drop.  I got nothing.  I know that there are a lot of players just joining 5 games and doing nothing but sitting there and moving around enough not to get kicked so they can complete their 5, get 5000 XP, marks and rep.  

Annoying, and I can honestly say that I've only done it one time.  You can't eat wings and play Destiny at the same time.  But my food was delivered in the middle of that match and I was hungry :D

A leaked video showed that a new skirmish mode will rely on rewarding teams with higher level items for racking up win streaks. If you lose 3 rounds, you are out of that playlist.

Should be fun.

My tryhard panties will be engaged to the fullest.

I'm recruiting now, for a group to run with from here.  We'll set up times to run together, etc.  Communication is 100% the key to victory in these crucible matches.  Your PS4 came with a mic, you have no excuses lol.

Get at me bros!

My tryhard panties will be engaged to the fullest.

I'm recruiting now, for a group to run with from here.  We'll set up times to run together, etc.  Communication is 100% the key to victory in these crucible matches.  Your PS4 came with a mic, you have no excuses lol.

Get at me bros!

I'm down Goon.  We are talking Crucible right? :D   

I thought I read that the mics don't work over PvP play in Destiny, did I read incorrectly?

Your MSSANARY right?  I'm on every night for the most part until midnight EST.  Saturdays, varies, usually afternoons like 2pm until 8pm, sometimes midnight, depends on a lot of crap.  

Sundays, well this Sunday, should be on after lunch until 7-9pm, since we play MNF.  

I thought I read that the mics don't work over PvP play in Destiny, did I read incorrectly?

FFS doesn't the PS4 have party chat now?

Goonie, you're going to have to come back to the xbox if you want to be on a team worth a damn ;)

Crucible.  We'll run a party, hopefully it is full 6 on 6, however that requires a lot more coordination.  I just want a fighting chance - noone afk noone sniping at the edge of the map on objective games.  We should own a lot of teams who will wont be talking to each other.

Goonie, you're going to have to come back to the xbox if you want to be on a team worth a damn ;)

I do miss witnessing you going 100-20 or so.  That was truly amazing to watch.  Glad we could hold the staircase for your carlos hath**** ass.  LOL

Crucible.  We'll run a party, hopefully it is full 6 on 6, however that requires a lot more coordination.  I just want a fighting chance - noone afk noone sniping at the edge of the map on objective games.  We should own a lot of teams who will wont be talking to each other.

You're out on the west coast right?  What's the earliest you can get on during the week?  

Is Dont Taze Me Bro gonna have to buy an XBox One and smoke dat ass?  :D

I do miss witnessing you going 100-20 or so.  That was truly amazing to watch.  Glad we could hold the staircase for your carlos hath**** ass.  LOL

Good times, I think I remember playing with you the first time and we were tanking, I ended up shooting down 2 jets and three helis with the main tank gun in 1 round on gulf of Oman, I remember thinking you must be good luck :)

Is Dont Taze Me Bro gonna have to buy an XBox One and smoke dat ass?   :D

I wish you would

Good times, I think I remember playing with you the first time and we were tanking, I ended up shooting down 2 jets and three helis with the main tank gun in 1 round on gulf of Oman, I remember thinking you must be good luck :)

I wish you would

I'm decent, but if your going 100/20 and ****, you're way out of my league lol.  I thought about getting an Xbox One too.  Part of me want's to ask for Visa gift cards for Christmas to stock up and buy one.  

I dunno though, I probably will wait til there is a price drop before I pull that trigger.

I dunno though, I probably will wait til there is a price drop before I pull that trigger.

Probably the smart move.  two systems would be nice but I know I would one of them wouldn't get much playtime.

100/20 is a battlefield or cod ground war score.  Definitely not Destiny

I get off work at 430 your time. Gonna have to be mondays, wednesdays, and weekends. Lil goon has football practice tues, thurs, friday. I wont be able to get on until after midnight your time.

Well have to get together and start learning how to play as a crew. Im stoked. Everyone is invited. I was playing with code the other day and we were wrecking house on missions. Game is awesome, much better with a good team.

I get off work at 430 your time. Gonna have to be mondays, wednesdays, and weekends. Lil goon has football practice tues, thurs, friday. I wont be able to get on until after midnight your time.

Well have to get together and start learning how to play as a crew. Im stoked. Everyone is invited. I was playing with code the other day and we were wrecking house on missions. Game is awesome, much better with a good team.

and y'all were able to talk during the game on the headsets?

I didn't try - I had music blasting.  Fireteam chat works - I do it all the time with my other friends on PS4.

Multiplayer interface is way better on Xbox. You guys are wasting time on the PS4.

We've had a steady Xbox group for a few years now. We started with Modern Warfare 2 and have stuck around since. You can get online at any point and find someone to group up with.

All things being equal, I would have preferred the XBone, but I didn't buy my PS4 - my buddy owed me a debt so I let him choose which one he wanted.  There is a thread for this discussion tho.

Multiplayer interface is way better on Xbox. You guys are wasting time on the PS4.

We've had a steady Xbox group for a few years now. We started with Modern Warfare 2 and have stuck around since. You can get online at any point and find someone to group up with.

MW2 came out in 2009.  We are coming up on our 5 year anniversary, how cute.

Archived