Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Destiny Thread (PS4 and Xbox One)

Dont Taze Me Bro

So far, I've only lucked into the legendary Sniper rifle and chest armor.  

I love my Legendary heavy machine gun.  It only holds 31 rounds, but oh man it's impact is insane.  I can pick off at least 5-6 people if done right, 4-5 rounds is all that is required.  I've had to learn to fire it in small bursts otherwise you blow through half your ammo on two people. 

I actually quit doing the event last night and tossed my faction mark on to get the rep from the Crucible to apply.  I should hit rank 2 in the New Monarchy tonight, then I'm gonna buy two pieces of legendary gear (arms and chest).  This way I'll have legendary boots, arms, chest.  

The faction arms, chest and boots are 65 crucible marks each, you can only get 175/week (think thats it) and the helmet is 120 marks.  So, I'll work on the helmet next week.  Then going legendary auto rifle when I hit rank 3.  Hopefully upgrading my gear this week will help me towards that exotic shotgun bounty I have.  

That's pretty awesome.  I've just been playing the crap out of the strike playlists and building up my vanguard rank so I can get the gear from that. 

That exotic shotty could be a pain.  I have to complete 5 strike missions without dying the entire mission.  I am going to do it on Venus, Nexus strike cause I heard its the easiest.  I posted this before, it was fairly quick, but I died on the final boss.  That was just with blue gear on, with exception of my boots.  

Once I get pimped out in all legendary, should be easy lol.

That exotic shotty could be a pain.  I have to complete 5 strike missions without dying the entire mission.  I am going to do it on Venus, Nexus strike cause I heard its the easiest.  I posted this before, it was fairly quick, but I died on the final boss.  That was just with blue gear on, with exception of my boots.  

If the level of the strike doesn't matter, I always do the Earth one for the "complete a strike without dying" bounty. It's only level 8 and I have no problems continuing on solo if the other two players go AFK or quit.  

Actually, I think the summoning pits (Earth strike, like Gamebreaker said) is the easiest.  I just blow right though most of it (not stopping to kill everything in sight), and then hide behind the rock in the far left corner as soon as you get into the boss area. Works like a charm. 

Ok, so last night while grinding out the last needed rep for faction rank 2, I get two legendary drops lol.   One was a mark, so I don't need that and dismantle for mats.  The other was my arms.  

Really game?  After grinding from level 6 - 25 only in the Crucible, now yo ass is gonna start dropping good ****.  Granted I had the boots drop and the heavy machine gun, but I think I got the boots from doing the story mode and I've had the heavy since level 20.  

Turns out the arms didn't have the stats I wanted, so I dismantled them.  Picked up my legendary chest and arms though.  Turned out my boots were the same stats as what was on the vendor, so I saved 65 marks.

I've got 68 marks left, and I think 70 available to earn this week left, so I'll be getting my helmet tonight or tomorrow.  Then I'll be decked out in full legendary armor.  Then it's a balls to the wall race/grind for my legendary auto-rifle.   Then I'll be set, full legendary armor, legendary heavy, legendary primary and exotic shotty.

I've got 13 marks till I can get my autorifle from the new monarchy.

Haven't played in about 4 days.  I'm twitching LOL.

If you need help with that no dying Taze, I'll probably be on this weekend and me and my boy will run you through no problem.  I can solo most strikes on the tiger playlist (not blow through them, but I can do it with patience).

Glad you all are making strides towards fleshing out your character.  I really wanna run the vault, but only have 3 to do it with.

Wanna try the Iron Banner too.  Tired of getting smoked by level 2s.

I've got 13 marks till I can get my autorifle from the new monarchy.

Haven't played in about 4 days.  I'm twitching LOL.

If you need help with that no dying Taze, I'll probably be on this weekend and me and my boy will run you through no problem.  I can solo most strikes on the tiger playlist (not blow through them, but I can do it with patience).

Glad you all are making strides towards fleshing out your character.  I really wanna run the vault, but only have 3 to do it with.

Wanna try the Iron Banner too.  Tired of getting smoked by level 2s.

Thanks Goon, not sure when I'll be on Sat. but I'm more than likely gonna play before the game Sunday.  Man, the Iron Banner is great, cause it's not balanced, but there are some pretty bad ass peeps on there, but its not that bad.  

One of the bounties I got for it was to have the top score overall (can't remember if it was team or both teams) and I did that in the 3rd match, had something like 5800 points, top player in the match.  And it was pretty much going up against everyone being level 24+.  I don't recall but maybe one person lower.

That was before my armor lol.  Sadly, I won't have my legendary auto rifle before the event ends.  I'm looking at the helmet tonight or tomorrow.  Gonna be hard to grind that rank to 3 and pull the marks to get before next Tuesday.  

Only thing about the Iron Banner gear is its stats aren't the New Monarchy and you would think that it would offer multiple pieces with the stats of the different factions.  And only one weapon, a legendary heavy machine gun, which I have, granted this one is slightly better, but not enough to sweat over.  I plan to get it, but it will have to be during the next event when they bust it out.  

Only thing I can think of is they are gonna tease us with some events like this, new gear, but at a minimum and roll out all the good **** with the expansions.  

LOL, I get the Destiny Darwin award for the week.  So, I fired up my first game in the Crucible and I'm running around killing, capturing, etc. and notice, my grenade and melee meters are gone and I'm not gaining anything towards my super.  

I'm like WTF?  and I am getting ticked off cause I'm mowing down people.  I think at first, could there be a game mode where no specials like that are allowed and then I get hulk smashed.  Finally, I figured it out.  I switched over to the defender skill set by mistake last night while looking lol.  

So, I hadn't unlocked all that crap yet.  Switched back and was fine :D

How do I get the mats needed to upgrade my gear/weapons?  I have the glimmer and weapon parts, etc.  But there always seems to be some rare mat I need 16 of to upgrade.

You're going to have to go to the planets those materials are found. For instance, I need helium filaments and spinmetal materials for a rare pulse rifle and legendary gauntlet, so since those materials are found on the moon I'm going to go there and grind. It seems like Bungie's goal was to force the players to do all the game modes in order to get the best gear and upgrade it. Considering how they've averaged 3.2 million players online in the first month, seems like it worked. 

Yeah, I typically just jump on my vehicle and cruise the planet in patrol mode searching it out. I've had a friend tell me you can youtube or search out some "farming" routes.  Where you basically ride a route over and over where loot boxes and the material continually spawn. He said he got something like 85 helium filaments in an hour one day by riding that route over and over.

Oh, I don't know if this has already been mentioned, but I had a friend give me another tip. Hold on to all your completed bounties and turn them in at once (all 5), and it significantly increases your chances of getting an exotic bounty. And I guess that results in an exotic weapon or armor when completed.

That's what I do with my bounties, complete all of them at once, turn them all in at once.  Saves on loading times running back to the tower base between them with those long loading times.  I need to complete my exotic shotty one, almost got the 5 strike missions without dying completed.  

I could most likely solo the Earth one, but I always end up in a team, then the other two players **** up and die and me, not paying attention, cause its an easy one, don't realize it until a swarm of enemies and new spawns pop up and wipe me out.  I'm expecting the teammate to handle his part while I'm over yonder handling mine.  

Then when they die, they quit, most likely working on the same bounty.  Cause if I die, I quit, no point in continuing and wasting my time.

Finally got the five strikes without dying.  The positive kill death spread of 25 in the crucible is easy as **** since kill and assist gets you 1 point, death -1.  I completed that **** in 2 control matches (it started me at the end of one almost over - played like 25% of the match, 1 full match, then completed the bounty 75% through with the next match).

Load up on ammo on the one map, capture a flag, hid crouched/out of sight near the flag, move in and pick them off when try and capture the flag.  And if I can get the heavy ammo (the mars map where its in the bunker under flag A, easy peasy, watch out lol.  I just stayed in the bunker, taking peeps out at flag A, getting the heavy, opening the door when I saw someone coming that direction and bap, bap, bap headshot kills :D

Now I have to do a ****ing weekly strike.  Question though, if you die doing the weekly heroic strikes can you respawn?  Or is it over if you die?

A shout out to my man Goonie, thanks for helping me on that weekly strike bro.  Goon has this **** down pat, I gotta work on my game for the storyline/strike stuff lol.  

That bounty thing that popped up, it was because I completed the task for my exotic shotgun, nothing new or different.  But it's now unlocked :D

I think the weekly is over when you die.  It doesn't match you up with others, so you're on your own.

I also finally landed an exotic bounty.  Completed two of the requirements and now it wants me to get 500 points in the crucible.  I don't play the crucible and suck at it anyway.  FML. Guess I won't be getting that exotic hand cannon after all. LOL

Oh and I tried to find Xur this weekend for that exotic gear, but guess I was too late. I read that he disappears when Bungie resets their servers at 5am EST (11am my time) on Sunday. Guess I'll be waiting until next weekend to try again.

A shout out to my man Goonie, thanks for helping me on that weekly strike bro.  Goon has this **** down pat, I gotta work on my game for the storyline/strike stuff lol.  

That bounty thing that popped up, it was because I completed the task for my exotic shotgun, nothing new or different.  But it's now unlocked :D

Anytime brother.  I will call upon you in the future LOL  I suck at the crucible, but have the story missions/strikes down.

It was good to run with ya!

Exactly the same thing here, man. I can usually do the strikes within 15-20 minutes for Earth and Moon, and maybe 30 for the tougher ones on Venus and Mars.

I ****ing suck at strikes.  That was my first weekly one attempted.  I tried to solo it and got wiped out, saw Goon pop online and invited to the fireteam, praying to the Destiny Gods that he accepted lol.  Headsets work fine in the game, the PS4 freebie ones sound a tad muffled, so I might toss on the turtle beach ones I have sitting around for next time.

It would definitely help in the Crucible cause we can have someone be on point each match calling out locations to capture, camp, etc.  I have a few spots that I camp on certain maps cause I can rack up kills there.  I just crouch, with my captured flag in range/sight look at the radar and wait for them to come by me or try and take the flag.  Then I pop 'em.  

Whats funny is the same people get pissed off and run right back to you seeking revenge.  And you get to pop 'em again lol.  ****ing grenades/specials usually do me in when I'm camping.  Or another player takes me out while engaged with someone else.

The beauty of this game in PvP, is you can be a God, top score, etc.  a few matches, then get completely owned the next one.  Some of the maps I don't like, but most of them I can do own if I can just get to the spot I need to.  

By far, Control is the easiest PvP mode to get the bounties on (unless its complete 5 Skirmish matches, etc.), because of the objective of controlling flags.  For the 3 first blood medals, when the match starts, don't go with your team for the flag, run to the furthest one from you cause that's where the other team is.  You have probably a 80% chance of engaging first and getting the first kill.  

For the 30 grenade kills, when you see them capturing a flag, run to it and pop a grenade in the middle of them.  Need 15 super weapon kills, do your super while they are capturing.  Especially if you're a Titan.  Use the hulk smash where it leaves a pool of damaging energy for a 3-4 seconds after the move.  I've taken out 3-4 people at once on that and there is always some idiot that runs into the energy pool and dies on occasion lol.

Archived