Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Destiny Thread (PS4 and Xbox One)

Dont Taze Me Bro

I will have to give this a try. Sitting and shooting dudes in a cave is not fun for me. 

Couple the mission with your bounties, and you are putting in some serious work.

Got my helmet from the queen event, now I need boots.  Should have those this weekend.

Then it's upgrade grind to 30!

I hit 20 and beat the final story mission yesterday. Fun stuff. So glad I switched to Defender. That Force Barrier you get from melee kills really saves your arse when you're getting swarmed by enemies.

Gonna dabble in some PVP and grinding gear tonight. Also need to level up more Defender skills so I can be more useful in groups.

I hit 20 and beat the final story mission yesterday. Fun stuff. So glad I switched to Defender. That Force Barrier you get from melee kills really saves your arse when you're getting swarmed by enemies.

Gonna dabble in some PVP and grinding gear tonight. Also need to level up more Defender skills so I can be more useful in groups.

I wont do defender for a while, cause I'm selfish like that.  But one thing I cannot stand in Control is that ****ing bubble over the flag capture point lol

Watch this vid. Shows you exactly where to go. I tried it earlier. Not quite as prolific as the original cave but still nice.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wfxf7V_cljA&feature=youtu.be

Thanks man, this helped me find it.  I farmed it for about 20-30 mins and got nothing but greens.  

I did however, join the New Monarchy faction and started earning rep towards it.  I decided to go with them because their gear gives you intellect (for your super) and strength (for melee) and those are my primary uses in PvP.  Sure, I love tossing my grenades, but I focus on those other two more.

I was looking at the Crucible gear and they only have two gear options and Int/Str isn't one of them, which seems odd to me considering its PvP.  Glad I stumbled across the factions stuff right after I hit 20 or I'd have grinded out crucible gear for nothing and have had to go back for the faction gear.  

Loot ginding: Do the earth mission where you get the warp drive.

Over and Over and Over....I got 4 legendary engrams and tons of blues and greens last night.

Also, there is a boss at the end and depending on what level you do the mission on (me - 24) you get tons of yellow dudes to kill as well.

Entire run takes MAYBE 10 minutes.  I counted 85 enemies in the restricted area (resets to last checkpoint)

They won't nerf doing missions.

Also the mission on Venus with all the portals (Eye of the Gate Lord- I think it's called) Don't destroy the portals and a never ending stream of Vex to blast through.  I spent an hour in there and had to leave because my bags were full of engrams.

Do you do both of these mission on level 24 difficulty? I tried the first one on level 24 last night. It was too difficult for me since I was level 21. I'm up to 23 now and may try them again.

So I just downloaded this game. Played for an hour and a half and got to level 6. Did most of the levels on earth. So here's a question for you guys: what's the best way to level up? Doing missons or bounties or whatever that multiplayer thing is? Also, is it better to do missions by yourself or with friends? Im making a bunch of my friends download it so we'd have like 3-4 players.

Better to play missions with other friends for sure

Crucible bounties are the fastest way to level up, imo, and from what I've read.  Grab 5 crucible bounties and spam it man, when you are done with all the bounties available, just keep spamming the crucible game mode that gives extra xp (it will be listed in the rewards like that), there is one PvP mode that gives extra XP than the others.

Watch this vid. Shows you exactly where to go. I tried it earlier. Not quite as prolific as the original cave but still nice.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wfxf7V_cljA&feature=youtu.be

I went there earlier and grinded for about 30-45 minutes. I think I ended up with like, 5 or 6 blues. Unfortunately two of them were heavy weapons and one was one of those class mark things(for me Titan we have kilts)so not a lot of bang for my buck. Seems like they come in bunches. Everytime I got one I'd get another really soon after. I find this really boring after a while though so I'm glad they're nerfing this kinda thing.

It was hilarious because at one point, a TON of Hive just spawned. Like, massive waves. I popped my Defender bubble and meleed a bunch to death but eventually had to flee and fall back to reset myself. It was just so out of the blue that it was actually really funny. I was not expecting that at all.

Anyway now that I've beaten the story and am in endgame grind mode, here are just some small negatives I have about the game. Overall I really enjoy it though...

1. Non interactive NPCs. For a game with RPG elements I think it'd be cool if they could let us interact more with some of the people at the Tower. Just adds more immersion. As it is the NPCs are literally just for show except for the vendors who only have stuff to sell but nothing really interesting to say.

2. Skills take a little too long to level, considering how fast you can hit level 20. I think by the time you've hit 20 you should have most unlocked so you can mix/match to see what you wanna roll with. Feels like some of the skills are just so good that you're really gimping yourself if you haven't unlocked it yet(e.g. some of the Defender skills that improve Ward of Dawn)

3. Boss fights. This is a little bit bigger pet peeve, but I think the bosses could be improved somewhat. They're pretty much all the same. Massive bullet sponges and spawning tons of other minions you have to kill. A big issue I have is that often times minions will spawn literally right next to you right in the middle of action. That is just poor design. Thankfully the overall gameplay is still so fun that it's not as big of an issue.

Wtf is up with those missions on Venus. I started the 2nd one where you have to do various missions and collect items around the world. It took me 2 ****ing hours to get halfway through, and I ended up quitting soon after. So here's a question: do all missions on Mars and Venus take FOREVER or is it just this one?

Wtf is up with those missions on Venus. I started the 2nd one where you have to do various missions and collect items around the world. It took me 2 ****ing hours to get halfway through, and I ended up quitting soon after. So here's a question: do all missions on Mars and Venus take FOREVER or is it just this one?

What you're describing are patrol mission(s). That's not an actual mission per se, those are more free roam/side quests. They're available on all the planets. They're never ending, but you don't have to do them. I generally did a few when I first arrived at a new planet just to get a lay of the land.

What you're describing are patrol mission(s). That's not an actual mission per se, those are more free roam/side quests. They're available on all the planets. They're never ending, but you don't have to do them. I generally did a few when I first arrived at a new planet just to get a lay of the land.

Yeah, I looked up "Venus mission list" and when what i did wasn't there I figured it was a patrol. Spend 2 hours on nothing xd.

I've found the story/raids aspect of the game very repetitive and boring (I think warhead mentioned the bosses already, they are a joke), and very surprising for a game with a 500 million dollar budget and 5 years worth of developement.  $500,000,000 for a "FPS MMO" and it doesn't even have a story?  I'm not that big of a story guy, but cmon man.  I had assumed Activision would be greedy, as they usually are, but I expected a better product from Bungie.

http://www.reddit.com/r/DestinyTheGame/comments/2hqmkb/how_destinys_content_completely_changed_over_the/

That thread talks about some of the sketchy stuff going on in production, and what we MIGHT see in the DLC for this game.

The PvP is better than the other aspects of the game IMO, but it's almost as repetitive.  Not many maps, very few reasons to be different classes, no reward in any way for actually being good at the game.

I think I'll still enjoy Destiny PvP for a while, but I can't wait for other games to come out.

Edit:  I thought 500 Million was an absurd figure for a video game, after further research bungie said it's no where near that it terms of production costs.

The loot caves are pointless. Chances to get really really good stuff from engrams is low. You want to rank up your crucible and vanguard rep and use your marks to buy gear you find useful to your skill set.

The cave doesn't level you up beyond 20 at all.

I'm 26 and I used the loot cave still quite a bit.  I'm generally not expecting to get gear upgrades out of there anymore, but I need so many 'weapons parts' to upgrade my guns it is ridiculous.  I can pull enough parts by deconstructing the trash loot from the cave to cover all my upgrade needs.  It would take me many more hours of normal loot discovery from standard play to generate the same resources.

Now if only there were a "helium filaments" cave. I currently need 176 of them to fully upgrade what I'm wearing.

I've found the story/raids aspect of the game very repetitive and boring (I think warhead mentioned the bosses already, they are a joke), and very surprising for a game with a 500 million dollar budget and 5 years worth of developement.  $500,000,000 for a "FPS MMO" and it doesn't even have a story?  I'm not that big of a story guy, but cmon man.  I had assumed Activision would be greedy, as they usually are, but I expected a better product from Bungie.

http://www.reddit.com/r/DestinyTheGame/comments/2hqmkb/how_destinys_content_completely_changed_over_the/

That thread talks about some of the sketchy stuff going on in production, and what we MIGHT see in the DLC for this game.

The PvP is better than the other aspects of the game IMO, but it's almost as repetitive.  Not many maps, very few reasons to be different classes, no reward in any way for actually being good at the game.

I think I'll still enjoy Destiny PvP for a while, but I can't wait for other games to come out.

Yeah the story was pretty cliche. Evil force wants to destroy the world, yada yada. What was the deal with that random Exo who gives you the gun after you beat it? It'd be more if we interacted with more people during the story. This is where I bring up the point about dialogue. It'd be better if we could have had dialogue options or something during the cutscenes while talking with the Speaker or the Queen, Queen's brother, etc. Like Mass Effect style.

The overall gameplay is good, boss mechanics are just repetitive. I understand when it comes to shooters you can only do so much reg. bosses but I remember Gears of War had some fun boss battles. I know Gears is Third, not First Person Shooting, but you could do something similar.

The classes do have a few things that differentiate them: the super, grenades, and the melee. I do wish there were a little bit more though. Like maybe something like, Hunters get bonus damage with Sniper Rifles, Titans get bonus damage reduction when at a close enough range, Warlocks do less damage with guns but get reduced CD on grenades, that kinda thing.

Anyway, what stats are you guys aiming for in terms of Strength vs. Discipline vs. Intellect. As a Defender Titan I want Intellect for sure for reduced Ward of Dawn CD, that bubble is just so awesome. I also think Discipline is better than Strength as faster grenades > faster melee. This is in terms of PVE as I find myself not using the melee that often since you risk death, especially since the Defender melee you only gain the benefit when you register a kill with it.

hunter seems to be int+disc. if you are doing PvP you are going blade dancer where u get the melee cooldown to 5 so it seems pointless to put any into str. for gunslinger the throwing knife is kind of crap too so it seems int+disc is the way to go.

Anyway, what stats are you guys aiming for in terms of Strength vs. Discipline vs. Intellect. As a Defender Titan I want Intellect for sure for reduced Ward of Dawn CD, that bubble is just so awesome. I also think Discipline is better than Strength as faster grenades > faster melee. This is in terms of PVE as I find myself not using the melee that often since you risk death, especially since the Defender melee you only gain the benefit when you register a kill with it.

I joined the New Monarchy faction and started earning rep towards it.  I decided to go with them because their gear gives you intellect (for your super) and strength (for melee) and those are my primary uses in PvP.  

From what I can tell, I can't get that combination (STR/INT) in the Crucible gear, only in the New Monarchy faction gear.  

I might change my mind later to go INT/Dis, but I use my melee a lot in PvP and I don't PvE much.  I love firing some rounds off, running around a barrier and then bust them in the mouth with my melee punch.  Also, with the Titan, I have the one that does that crazy shoulder lunge if you are sprinting which is 100% death. :D

I joined the New Monarchy faction and started earning rep towards it.  I decided to go with them because their gear gives you intellect (for your super) and strength (for melee) and those are my primary uses in PvP.  

From what I can tell, I can't get that combination (STR/INT) in the Crucible gear, only in the New Monarchy faction gear.  

I might change my mind later to go INT/Dis, but I use my melee a lot in PvP and I don't PvE much.  I love firing some rounds off, running around a barrier and then bust them in the mouth with my melee punch.  Also, with the Titan, I have the one that does that crazy shoulder lunge if you are sprinting which is 100% death. :D

Yeah I think Striker in PVP Intel/Strength would be better. I don't think Strength is as good in PVE since you just can't melee that much, and it's basically useless against bosses.

I love the Defender sticky grenade. It does a lot of damage vs. bosses and also wrecks high armored/shielded minions.

Archived