Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Destiny Thread (PS4 and Xbox One)

Dont Taze Me Bro

Is it just me, or is EVERYTHING a rare item now?

I wish.   I've only gotten one legendary drop from the crucible from level 6 through 24 and it was the boots I got a few days ago.  I got a bunch of the drops where it could be legendary, but it was always blue after I had it decrypted.

But, I've only PvP'd from Level 6 - 24, have not done any missions, story mode, vanguard bounties, etc.  Only Crucible.

One thing that ticks me off is they have 6 PvP game modes and only 4 are available at all times and the other two seem to rotate on weekends (Salvage and the Vehicle combat one), but the bounty guy will have a couple of salvage missions on it during the week when you can't do them or on a weekend day when the vehicle one is going and not salvage.

Plus the vehicle PvP game mode one is garbage, it's nothing but Clash on the maps with vehicles that rotates, so I can do those by joining regular Clash or Control and going through the map rotation.  

To get my 10 vehicle kills, I've found its easier to do it in Control cause you can jump in those turrets and take them out when they drive by.  In Clash, it seems like everyone is just running around not on vehicles.

Idk how people **** about this game. It's already really fun with daily strikes, crucible, the raid Ect and is only gonna get much much better. The people who say it's boring and repetitive play it WAY too much.

I agree.  This game is fun as hell, anything you do in it.  It's probably the people that bought it and felt the need to hit level 20 day one and complete the story.  They most likely don't like to PvP, so they whine about lack of content and being too easy to play, blah blah blah.

Gotta play it in moderation some times.  Mix in some other games.  I'll jump on Madden 15 and play in my connected franchise league, then maybe a MUT game or two.  Regular ranked head to head.  Do that a couple of days, then jump in Destiny and PvP my ass off for a few, repeat.  

Just landed an Exotic Weapon Bounty, I have three choices:

A dubious task - exotic shotgun

Towlands Legacy - exotic pulse rifle 

A light in the dark - exotic hand gun

I don't use pulse rifles, ever, in PvP.  But its the easiest to get lol.  The Hand cannon would be sweet, but damn the requirements.  And the shotgun, goodness, one of the requirements is to have 25 more kills + assists than deaths in the Crucible.  If that is in one match, no way I have a shot in hell at getting that, well that will be extremely hard. 

I think I can pull off the handgun though.

http://www.tentonhammer.com/guides/destiny/destiny-exotic-weapon-bounty-guide

The handcannon you get for the reward is trash. Same with the pulse rifle. Go for the shotgun. It's amazing.

Yeah, I just read that the pulse rifle is ****.  I don't know that I can get a K/D ratio of 25/1 in a match lol.

Edit:  It's not a K/D ratio of 25/1, its over a spread of time and its kills and assists giving one point each and a death -1.   So if I went 14 kills, 5 assists and 4 deaths it would be 14+5-4=15, then it goes up and down based on the next matches.

That should be obtainable. 

Yeah, I just read that the pulse rifle is ****. I don't know that I can get a K/D ratio of 25/1 in a match lol.

Edit: It's not a K/D ratio of 25/1, its over a spread of time and its kills and assists giving one point each and a death -1. So if I went 14 kills, 5 assists and 4 deaths it would be 14+5-4=15, then it goes up and down based on the next matches.

That should be obtainable.

Lmao, I was doing the 50 assists bounty and I swear to god I literally got 30 assists in 1 game of control. Ridiculous. Went 11 30 and 7 lul.

Just finished the story and have gotten to 25 through the strikes playlist.  Wish I could play the crucibles to get the good stuff, but I suck at online play.  Played one single capture the flag match and must have gotten killed like 12 times to only 2 kills.  LOL

Just finished the story and have gotten to 25 through the strikes playlist.  Wish I could play the crucibles to get the good stuff, but I suck at online play.  Played one single capture the flag match and must have gotten killed like 12 times to only 2 kills.  LOL

just gotta keep playing.  I usually go 10 kills 7 deaths, but 7-10 captures.  Every now and again I'll go off and pwn people for a couple rounds, but I just want the marks, I'm not trying to play professionally.  There are some crazy things that happen like not doing damage to people for minutes at a time.  Shotgun to the face?  No damage.  Dude turns around and smokes me.  It's all good.  Another mark towards my auto rifle.

I try and stay calm and keep pressing for the objectives.  Also, the game changes dramatically when you have a decent team with you.  If you keep getting flanked because your team sucks, just camp - get your marks and try the next round.  You get 3 for a win and 1 for a loss I think...I was wrong earlier in this thread.

Almost forgot - the vanguard quartermaster sells weapons for vanguard marks - so you don't have to play pvp is you dont want to.

I go the **** off on some maps in the Crucible.  The great thing about this game is that sometimes you can run and gun like Battlefield or CoD and be god like, other times you gotta capture, crouch and protect the flags from a distance, let them come to you.  

It's a good mix of balls to the wall and the patience game.

jThere are some crazy things that happen like not doing damage to people for minutes at a time.  Shotgun to the face?  No damage.  Dude turns around and smokes me.  It's all good.  Another mark towards my auto rifle.

Almost forgot - the vanguard quartermaster sells weapons for vanguard marks - so you don't have to play pvp is you dont want to.

Yep, that happens to me every time. I walk up on a guy with a hand cannon, yet barely make a mark on his armor; he blows me away with a rifle. Haha.  

I'm actually playing the hell out of the strike playlist and daily story missions to get the vanguard marks.  Think I'm finally over 100 marks now.  That, plus I occasionally get some good legendary items from the engrams. 

I want to know why I get shot with a shotgun once and die in the crucible, but I pump 3 rounds to the chest and face of someone and they don't die?

What you wrote is the very reason why I don't use shotguns at all. I never seem to get one shot kills with them in the Crucible, but everyone one-shots me to death. And in Strikes and story mode, I'm not trying to get too close to enemies so I use sniper and fusion rifles. 

Getting close to New Monarchy rank 2 and then I can buy my legendary gear.  Should be sporting it by the weekend.  I want the ****ing weapon, but that's gonna require rank 3 lol.  

I read to do the Venus Nexus Strike for the exotic shotgun cause I have to complete 5 strikes without dying and its supposed to be the easiest, even with randoms.  We got destroyed when I tried this Sunday.  I ran it again, and made it to the final boss without dying, but then got waxed.  I'm thinking once I get my legendary gear going, it will make it a lot easier.

Getting close to New Monarchy rank 2 and then I can buy my legendary gear.  Should be sporting it by the weekend.  I want the ****ing weapon, but that's gonna require rank 3 lol.  

I read to do the Venus Nexus Strike for the exotic shotgun cause I have to complete 5 strikes without dying and its supposed to be the easiest, even with randoms.  We got destroyed when I tried this Sunday.  I ran it again, and made it to the final boss without dying, but then got waxed.  I'm thinking once I get my legendary gear going, it will make it a lot easier.

It will help. Get your first piece and level it up. I got my first piece from FWC a few days ago. I'm about 20-25 more PVP matches away from the helmet now. As soon as I get 6 more ascendant shards my chest piece will be fully upgraded. I want that shotgun as well. I haven't had that exotic bounty offered yet. I've got the one for Thorn & Super Good Advice in my inventory atm. I'm still rollin with rare weapons, no exotics or legendary yet.

So, got rank 1 in the Iron Banner, bought the shader and emblem to get 20% extra rep XP.  Went and looked on the vendor at the armor stats and the weapons and the stats are not what I want and its for weapons that I don't use.  I'm an auto rifle guy.  Looked on the New Monarchy vendor and the stats are what I want (which I knew already) and its for my weapon.  

Not to mention that the only weapon on the Iron Banner vendor was a legendary machine gun.  Completely forgot that I had already had a legendary machine gun lol.  So I have that and my boots.  The NM vendor has a legendary auto rifle.  

Not sure what's so special about the event when all the gear I see is already available in the factions (I think) and is limited.  They only had three pieces of armor and one gun.

Archived