Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Destiny Thread (PS4 and Xbox One)

Dont Taze Me Bro

The vault is screwing up something bad this week.  Praetorians regenerating health WHILE you are shooting them.  Enemies spawning in the same physical location as your guardian, instant death.  Just so dumb.

Please fix this Bungie, this is an amazing game.  Your pinnacle right now is the Vault, and it doesn't work half the time. 

I know they made some changes to the vault with the latest hot fix. Maybe that created some bugs as well. Better fix it. I'll be ready to try it soon. I just got my FWC legendary gauntlets, now I have 3 of 4 armor at legendary. I'm almost level 27 now. I am about to hit vanguard level 2 and have almost 200 marks to spend. Debating whether I should wait until rank 3 and get a legendary weapon or just buy legendary armor to break down to shards for upgrading. Leaning towards the latter. I was very skeptical about this game post level 20. But I can honestly say I haven't been this sucked into a game in many years. 

Two strikes in a row, I got legendary messages only to open them and get a total of four blue engrams.  I know they lowered the legendary drop rate, but damn, this is crazy.  I've only landed one purple engram in two days of playing and it was for a warlock (which I don't have). LOL.  Its annoying to say the least.  I'm maxed out on blues and need some damn legendary gear. Still trying to level up my vanguard rank so I can buy some legendary gear. 

The vault is screwing up something bad this week.  Praetorians regenerating health WHILE you are shooting them. 

This particular bug has been in for awhile.  I think in every Vault attempt I've had over the past month has had at least one instance of the mystery super regenerating Praetor.

I know they made some changes to the vault with the latest hot fix. Maybe that created some bugs as well. Better fix it. I'll be ready to try it soon. I just got my FWC legendary gauntlets, now I have 3 of 4 armor at legendary. I'm almost level 27 now. I am about to hit vanguard level 2 and have almost 200 marks to spend. Debating whether I should wait until rank 3 and get a legendary weapon or just buy legendary armor to break down to shards for upgrading. Leaning towards the latter. I was very skeptical about this game post level 20. But I can honestly say I haven't been this sucked into a game in many years. 

Hold off for the weapon.  In doing so, you might get a legendary drop for your final armor piece like I did.  I hit rank 3 in NM last night and it gave me another legendary heavy machine gun and I got my legendary auto rifle.  

Just run the crucible bounties and hit crucible level 2 and buy the that legendary gear. It shouldn't take you long at all, if you're winning.

Only 100 crucible marks per week though.  So if he's starting from scratch with zero.  it's gonna take 4-5 weeks.  Gauntlets are 65 marks, boots are 65 marks, chest is 65 marks, helm is 120 and weapons are 150.

Total of 465 Crucible marks to gear up.  Same for the faction gear (since the rep and marks can be towards the faction with the thing equipped).  

Best thing he can do is look up the faction gear and see what stats they offer and compare them to the vanguard and crucible gear/weapons.  Then move forward that way.  

The fastest way for him now would be to rank up through 2 on Vanguard, get his gear.  Then start knocking out Crucible/Faction and grind to 3 for his weapon since the damage is scaled down to be close to equal.  

If not for faction progress I would have no legendary armor. I've gotten 2 purple armor engrams and 1 exotic armor engram. All 3 turned out to be for a different class. You really almost NEED to work on some faction rep. even if you just stick with vanguard.

If not for faction progress I would have no legendary armor. I've gotten 2 purple armor engrams and 1 exotic armor engram. All 3 turned out to be for a different class. You really almost NEED to work on some faction rep. even if you just stick with vanguard.

Possibly, it's all RNG anyhow on drops.  Not sure, but they might have some behind the scenes coding that increases your RNG in the Crucible (or faction rep from crucible).  I had the boots drop and the heavy, then it was nothing until I was about to hit rank 2 in NM, then I got a set of arms to drop (not the stats I wanted though), then bought new arms and my chest.

Came up short on marks to buy the helmet, but then a legendary one with the stats I wanted dropped.  Kind of crazy.

Finally made it to level 24....what would you guys suggest I do now? I've been spamming strike list for the past week. Add me guys I have no friends on destiny at all so I'm kinda of stuck with strikes or crucible and I suck at pvp...

Stonehill21 ps4

Goon is the man to see for Strikes.  Me, I PvP 24-7 almost.  Add me, I'm eating pizza right now lol

DontTazeMeBroski

Only 100 crucible marks per week though. So if he's starting from scratch with zero. it's gonna take 4-5 weeks. Gauntlets are 65 marks, boots are 65 marks, chest is 65 marks, helm is 120 and weapons are 150.

Total of 465 Crucible marks to gear up. Same for the faction gear (since the rep and marks can be towards the faction with the thing equipped).

Best thing he can do is look up the faction gear and see what stats they offer and compare them to the vanguard and crucible gear/weapons. Then move forward that way.

The fastest way for him now would be to rank up through 2 on Vanguard, get his gear. Then start knocking out Crucible/Faction and grind to 3 for his weapon since the damage is scaled down to be close to equal.

No one said buy all the gear from the same place, by time he hits level 2 he should have at least enough marks to buy any two legendary items. That's enough to get him started and get raid/weekly gear after that.

No one said buy all the gear from the same place, by time he hits level 2 he should have at least enough marks to buy any two legendary items. That's enough to get him started and get raid/weekly gear after that.

It also depends on the gear he wants, stat wise.  It's different for each faction and the crucible.  Not sure about Vanguard cause I haven't looked into it as I don't like doing PvE.

Finally made it to level 24....what would you guys suggest I do now? I've been spamming strike list for the past week. Add me guys I have no friends on destiny at all so I'm kinda of stuck with strikes or crucible and I suck at pvp...

Stonehill21 ps4

I'll add you.  I need some playing partners also. B-radLi.

Ended up 2 manning a lvl 24 strike yesterday.

I have a ton of marks but man grinding rep is a pain in the butt.

Yes it is. I hate it. I have yet to gain enough rep to purchase anything. I'm a level 26 warlock, with a lvl 1 vanguard and lvl 1 FWC. I'm decent in Crucible, better at strikes, but I feel like I need to put in more than two hours a night in order to get anywhere with this. 

Yes it is. I hate it. I have yet to gain enough rep to purchase anything. I'm a level 26 warlock, with a lvl 1 vanguard and lvl 1 FWC. I'm decent in Crucible, better at strikes, but I feel like I need to put in more than two hours a night in order to get anywhere with this. 

Yep I'm the same. I've had some free time the last couple of days so I've put in more but I still have like a quarter of the way to go to hit Rank 2 Vanguard. I have enough marks for two pieces of gear though so that'll be nice.

Brad, sorry I missed you man.  I just saw the invite this morning.  Yesterday, I was afk a lot when I was logged in, missed it popping up on the screen.  

I was also leveling my alt, trying to get my other two chars to 20-22 so I can do strikes with each of them and earn extra strange coins.  Which I was thinking about today.  We should all level all three classes to 22 and try and schedule one day during the week that we can be on to run the strike three times through.  

We can set a time, with a 30 min buffer and run crucible until everyone is on.  Will be hard with the time zone differences considering I'm EST, Goon is Pacific (3 hrs behind me) and Brad is 6 hours ahead in Germany.

We can try and work something out though.

Archived