Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Destiny Thread (PS4 and Xbox One)

Dont Taze Me Bro

The key to destiny is having people to play with. This is what I love about the game. I can totally understand people not liking it if they don't have others to play with.  Once I realized that, my friends list has jumped from 7 to about 30. I've met a lot of really cool people online and end up playing with a core group pretty regularly.  I can't say enough how much I love Destiny.  Its really addicting.

Use either the Looking for Group website or even this site to find others that play.  I receive help all the time and I also help people as much as possible.

Me, you, and your kid are a formidable team Code.  Thoroughly enjoy playing with you guys.

Your boy's reaction to getting Gjallerhorn was priceless.  So cool.

Still havent been able to play through the weekly strikes or a raid unfortunately. I usually have to play with myself but sometimes my brother in law can play.

As someone who tried to do the raid with my brother only for far too long... you are wasting your time. You pretty much have to have others. I cant see it being possible without atleast 5 people.

You on PSN?

If so I'll run you through whatever you wanna do.

add me: Mssanary

No, I am on the Xbox one.

The key to destiny is having people to play with. This is what I love about the game. I can totally understand people not liking it if they don't have others to play with.  Once I realized that, my friends list has jumped from 7 to about 30. I've met a lot of really cool people online and end up playing with a core group pretty regularly.  I can't say enough how much I love Destiny.  Its really addicting.

Use either the Looking for Group website or even this site to find others that play.  I receive help all the time and I also help people as much as possible.

Ill have to do that. Really want to be able to do a Nightfall Strike and a raid. Looks pretty fun. I have a ton of fun playing Destiny by myself, but its so much more fun with people.

As someone who tried to do the raid with my brother only for far too long... you are wasting your time. You pretty much have to have others. I cant see it being possible without atleast 5 people.

Hah, thanks for the advice. No raid with 2.

Havent upgraded to the expansion yet, will probably do so soon. On a side note, anyone ever tried to solo one of the Weekly strikes? I know some people do, was wondering if anyone had so I can figure out what level and gear I should have before I attempt it.

I've done a couple solo before. It kinda depends on the strike they have set for that week, but it's possible. I'd recommend being two levels higher than the level you're attempting and be careful. Take it slow, use cover, and when you encounter "yellow health bar" enemies use your special weapons with arc or solar damage to finish them quickly. 

No, I am on the Xbox one.

I am too, what is your Gamertag? I play with three of my friends, but only one of them is any good, lol. We could always use another gamer to run with. We mostly do the daily strikes, weekly strikes, vanguard ROC, and Crucible. We occasionally do the Raids, but you can't really progress in those with four players. 

I've done a couple solo before. It kinda depends on the strike they have set for that week, but it's possible. I'd recommend being two levels higher than the level you're attempting and be careful. Take it slow, use cover, and when you encounter "yellow health bar" enemies use your special weapons with arc or solar damage to finish them quickly. 

I am too, what is your Gamertag? I play with three of my friends, but only one of them is any good, lol. We could always use another gamer to run with. We mostly do the daily strikes, weekly strikes, vanguard ROC, and Crucible. We occasionally do the Raids, but you can't really progress in those with four players. 

MisterP1nstripe is my gamertag. I would definitely be up for joining you sometime.

What's your gamertag Gamebreaker?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I played the RAIDs for way too long yesterday. Couldn't get past the part where the darkness is weighing you down in Crota's End, but very nearly completed the Vault of Glass. The whole party was too tired to figure how to get past the vanishing platforms. 

guys there are websites that are dedicated to finding groups for destiny. I have like 100 friends now and finding a group for nightfall or raids instantly is never a problem. reddit has Huge destiny community.

Www.reddit.com/r/destinythegame

is foe general game discussion.

www.reddit.com/r/fireteams

go here when you are looking for a group. Be sure to list post by "new" and you will find people looking for groups or you can make a post and watch the friend request come flooding in. My enjoyment in destiny increased 10 fold once I found r/fireteams. Add me on ps4 stonehill21

I played the RAIDs for way too long yesterday. Couldn't get past the part where the darkness is weighing you down in Crota's End, but very nearly completed the Vault of Glass. The whole party was too tired to figure how to get past the vanishing platforms. 

If you are on PS4, I'd be glad to help.  Gamertag code0rama

I've been fortunate to be a part of several good raid groups. We beat both raids on normal and hard 3-6 times per week.  I have 3 characters and generally try to help others as much as possible.  They get easier the more you do them but sometimes, some days, its harder than others.

Last night, we beat Vault of Glass on hard twice, the first time was harder than normal because the harpies were much tougher than usual during the Templar battle. 

I finally got Hawkmoon Saturday night on VoG.  Best pistol in the game... Love it.

Man, I need VOG hard and Crota hard.

Both kept glitching so bad we couldn't finish.

We'd get Crota down to the last hit, he would kneel, swordbearer bout to drop the hammer - he would stand up and kill him.

For 3 hours.....several group reshufflings, orbit trips, etc.  Nothing.  He would not go down.

W.T.F.

If you are on PS4, I'd be glad to help.  Gamertag code0rama

Unfortunately I only have X1 right now. I've been playing with my friends, who have families as well and our times when we're all on aren't frequent. I have a lvl 31 Warlock, and two lvl 30 Hunter and Titan. The rest of my friends characters range between 25-30 and we have just started doing the RAIDs when I realized I couldn't get my characters to max level without armor from the RAIDs. 

Prior to last week, we've been doing alot of Crucible, Daily Strikes, Weekly Strikes, and Vanguard ROC. We hooked up with some randoms and I can try to do more RAIDs when they're all online too. I have yet to play with misterpinstripe and Taylor703 though. 

Man, I need VOG hard and Crota hard.

Both kept glitching so bad we couldn't finish.

We'd get Crota down to the last hit, he would kneel, swordbearer bout to drop the hammer - he would stand up and kill him.

For 3 hours.....several group reshufflings, orbit trips, etc. Nothing. He would not go down.

W.T.F.

Right after you left, we beat it within a couple of tries. Crota can be so annoying. We had trouble with the Templar last night. When we won, one of the other guys got Hawkmoon and deleted it because he already had it. I was sad.

Luckily it dropped for me 45 minutes later when we beat VoG.

The game is cruel. Last night my nephew played with us on VoG hard for only the second time. He got Universal Remote from the gorgon maze chest, but he just bought it last week from Xur. He really wanted Vex and I ended up getting it for the third time. Wish I could have given it to him.

If you need help tonight, Liam and I would be glad to help.

Yeah, my internet was acting up. Finally just said screw it. It was probably my fault we couldn't beat it anyway.

West coast sucks.

BUT

In good news, the hunter and now...drumroll.....the titan are 32!

Woot

That's awesome, congrats.

Laggy Internet is probably the number 1 pain in the game.

I got my hunter to 32 this week as well. Finally have all 3 at 32. Now I just have to level up a couple pieces of armor and guns.

That's awesome, congrats.

Laggy Internet is probably the number 1 pain in the game.

I got my hunter to 32 this week as well. Finally have all 3 at 32. Now I just have to level up a couple pieces of armor and guns.

Lol I'm stuck at 28....ugh

Lol I'm stuck at 28....ugh

One of the few things I wish were better or at least different, is the leveling system.  I don't like how the only way to 32 is either Crota raid armor or Iron Banner armor which is really rare.

Everyone ends up wearing the same stuff. I hope they correct this with the new DLC.

One of the few things I wish were better or at least different, is the leveling system. I don't like how the only way to 32 is either Crota raid armor or Iron Banner armor which is really rare.

Everyone ends up wearing the same stuff. I hope they correct this with the new DLC.

Yeah, I need to get together with ya for some of the raids...I've just been trying to get to 25 k/d for one of the legendary quests. I got to 23, then went on a 4 game run of getting almost no kills and assists and popping up in front of 4 of their guys...needless to say my controller almost went flying

One of the few things I wish were better or at least different, is the leveling system.  I don't like how the only way to 32 is either Crota raid armor or Iron Banner armor which is really rare.

Yes, I was very disappointed when I looked at my collection of exotic and legendary gear and realized I would need to change my look just level beyond 31. 

Unfortunately I only have X1 right now. I've been playing with my friends, who have families as well and our times when we're all on aren't frequent. I have a lvl 31 Warlock, and two lvl 30 Hunter and Titan. The rest of my friends characters range between 25-30 and we have just started doing the RAIDs when I realized I couldn't get my characters to max level without armor from the RAIDs. 

Prior to last week, we've been doing alot of Crucible, Daily Strikes, Weekly Strikes, and Vanguard ROC. We hooked up with some randoms and I can try to do more RAIDs when they're all online too. I have yet to play with misterpinstripe and Taylor703 though. 

Are you up for trying a raid this week? I may also be able to get my brother in law on as well.

Archon Priest for the weekly and Nightfall (with Arc, solar and void burn). Should be an easy one.  It was last time.  Here's hoping everyone gets the exotic they are lusting after...

Sweet, definitely going to hit that this week. I have only completed 1 Nightfall and only got Ascendent Energy from it. I was a little disappointed. Just started trying them now that my BIL and I are higher level. Super fun. Cant wait to move on to raids.

Archived