Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Destiny Thread (PS4 and Xbox One)

Dont Taze Me Bro

I finally started getting legendaries and exotics. I have yet to earn enough reputation in one faction or as a vanguard to purchase them, but I had the good fortune to receive to two legendary drops while playing in strike and story mode. One turned into a legendary gauntlet, the other became an exotic chest armor. 

I had already had a legendary rocket launcher and exotic sniper rifle, but those do nothing for your rank. Currently at a level 25, and I'm pretty close to getting a level 2 reputation with Future War Cult so I can start spending all of these crucible marks on their armor. 

I'm starting to believe they made the grind so difficult so gamers would be compelled to keep playing up until the first DLC drops in December. 

I finally started getting legendaries and exotics. I have yet to earn enough reputation in one faction or as a vanguard to purchase them, but I had the good fortune to receive to two legendary drops while playing in strike and story mode. One turned into a legendary gauntlet, the other became an exotic chest armor. 

I had already had a legendary rocket launcher and exotic sniper rifle, but those do nothing for your rank. Currently at a level 25, and I'm pretty close to getting a level 2 reputation with Future War Cult so I can start spending all of these crucible marks on their armor. 

I'm starting to believe they made the grind so difficult so gamers would be compelled to keep playing up until the first DLC drops in December. 

I think so too, considering they have glimmer capped at 25K and Crucible marks capped at 100 per week.  I keep hoping I'll get a legendary helmet or auto-rifle drop before I hit rank three so I can buy just one of them.  It's gonna be two weeks until I have the marks to buy both the helmet and auto-rifle (270 total marks).  I literally will come up short like 7 credits on getting both after this week :(  

So Saturday, my boys ran me through the nightfall, heroic weekly, and then the Vault.

Holy loot drops.  Legendary Ship, boots, auto rifle, exotic shotgun (equips in the primary slot!), legendary sniper rifle, and helmet.

Before I went in I bought the exotic sniper rifle that Xur was selling.

Good day of raiding/ running.  Now I just gotta get more ascendant shards and I'll be lvl 29 in no time.

So Saturday, my boys ran me through the nightfall, heroic weekly, and then the Vault.

Holy loot drops.  Legendary Ship, boots, auto rifle, exotic shotgun (equips in the primary slot!), legendary sniper rifle, and helmet.

Good day of raiding/ running.  Now I just gotta get more ascendant shards and I'll be lvl 29 in no time.

How do you do the vault?  I don't know if I've unlocked that.

Nice! What is the name of that exotic shotgun? I got the Ice Breaker from Xur as well. That is one bad sniper rifle. Got to level that baby up!

Those of you struggling with PvP might want to try a fusion rifle. I SUCK at PvP. It took me a few games to get the hang of using it but once I got it down I was really holding my own. Had nearly a 2.0 KD ratio one game and finally making some progress on my Thorn exotic bounty.

The vault is ridiculously stupid hard if you are < level 30.  Even then, you can die very easily.

Coordination is absolutely key.  So many moving pieces as far as game mechanics go.  Protect this area, watch out for the hobgoblins that one shot you, dont step in the yellow ooze, kill the oracles, etc.  Took us about 2.5 hours my first time through.  We did it again last night and made it 3/4 of the way through before the group had to break up.  (80 minutes or so...really good group).

The loot is off the chain.  I had the silliest drop rate the guys I ran with have seen, but then again I think Bungie loves me LOL  (All the alpha, beta, and non public events I was involved in).

The exotic shotgun is the Universal Remote.  "To the untrained eye this beast is a junker. To the trained eye, however, this junker...is a beast."  Very apt description of this weapon by Bungie.

Vault is very, VERY worth the difficulty and time investment.  As soon as you open the doors, which is no easy feat, there is a chest waiting for you.  Every challenge you complete is met with a chest as a reward.  Then Atheon dies and the group goes absolutely bonkers..another loot opportunity...I will assist anyone when I am available to do this.  It will only make me better and I love helping others.  I have 20 or so guardians on my list who feel the same way.

Those of you struggling with PvP might want to try a fusion rifle. I SUCK at PvP. It took me a few games to get the hang of using it but once I got it down I was really holding my own. Had nearly a 2.0 KD ratio one game and finally making some progress on my Thorn exotic bounty.

I hate fusion rifles.  I'd rather unload 21 rounds into my opponents face with my auto-rifle :D  Or 3-5 shot them with the heavy.  I gave fusions a chance when I started the game and it didn't feel right with the charge times.  But I will say that in the right hands, very powerful.  

I'm still trying to figure out how I get 1 shot kill with a shotty, and now with my exotic shotty, I unload three rounds in someone and they dont die.

Also, forgot to post this last night.  I think there is some glitches/cheats people are using, haven't researched it yet.  But I was playing some Control, was behind my opponent and I unloaded 21 rounds of ammo at close range, all to the head.  He started fading away like I had killed him, then disappeared.  

I never got any credit for the kill, it was only the two of us, nobody came in and snaked my kill.  Literally right after I said, WTF is up with that ****, guy is behind me and kills me when I turn around.  It was really odd.  I was like, ok maybe severe lag, which I don't have, but lets pretend I did lol.

I'm mowing down peeps later on, same match.  Came across it again.  Immediately when I unload into another guy, he flickered like I killed him/going cloaked (that transparent look when you kill) and disappeared.  No points, nothing.  

If anyone else in here wants to add me (PS4), my username is B-radLi.  I'm on a lot lately trying to level up my titan.  Ditched the hunter and started a new character. Would be fun to run some strikes or something with a fireteam. 

Also, forgot to post this last night.  I think there is some glitches/cheats people are using, haven't researched it yet.  But I was playing some Control, was behind my opponent and I unloaded 21 rounds of ammo at close range, all to the head.  He started fading away like I had killed him, then disappeared.  

I never got any credit for the kill, it was only the two of us, nobody came in and snaked my kill.  Literally right after I said, WTF is up with that ****, guy is behind me and kills me when I turn around.  It was really odd.  I was like, ok maybe severe lag, which I don't have, but lets pretend I did lol.

I'm mowing down peeps later on, same match.  Came across it again.  Immediately when I unload into another guy, he flickered like I killed him/going cloaked (that transparent look when you kill) and disappeared.  No points, nothing.  

I've noticed a lot of that in the missions also.  Bungie has to be having some issues with their servers.  I know the maintenance they performed about a week ago was supposed to fix a lot of bugs like that, but they are still present.

I hate fusion rifles.  I'd rather unload 21 rounds into my opponents face with my auto-rifle :D  Or 3-5 shot them with the heavy.  I gave fusions a chance when I started the game and it didn't feel right with the charge times.  But I will say that in the right hands, very powerful.  

I'm still trying to figure out how I get 1 shot kill with a shotty, and now with my exotic shotty, I unload three rounds in someone and they dont die.

Fusion rifles are tricky, but you can absolutely take over a map with them once you have them down.  I run around half charged all the time which has helped me out tremendously.

Shotty 1 shot kills....are only at close range, and only if you get all 5-6 pellets to hit the player.  Sometimes I get them, other other times it takes 1-2 more shots.  Some shottys have abilities which extend this range (black chasma series, exotics, legendaries) you just have to get lucky on a roll or buy the one you want from a vendor.  The new patch notes stated that they widened the shot pattern, I'm assuming to cut down the number of one shot kills.

A titan with a shield up and a shotty is almost unstoppable in control. 

Bungie is nerfing the auto rifle........

:angry:

Why?  It's not overpowered.  ****ing sniper rifles and fusion rifles, yeah I could get that.

So, reading about it now.  Instead of just increasing the scout rifle that nobody ****ing wants, they nerf another one and increase that one too.  Makes no sense.  Just increase the scout rifle, they shouldn't be balanced or equal.

That's why one is a ****ing fully automatic rifle and the other is not.  Lower rate of fire, higher damage.  What they need to do is allow heavy ammo to be used the entire game and make the player slower when carried so you are at some disadvantage.

This pisses me off.  Cause I have come across some nice blue scout rifles buy dismantled them cause they sucked and I never used them.  It would be one thing to make them better and not nerf my auto rifle.

**** you Bungholes.

Just ran the Crucible for 3 control matches.  For the nerf to the auto-rifle in PvP, I can tell a slight difference, but it's almost negligible.  I finished all three matches with a positive K/D ratio, hit a score of 3000+ twice and like 2500-2900 once, all on maps that I don't usually get those awesome games of 5K+ anyhow. 

Heck, part of me thinks I was looking so hard to see the difference that I imagined it lol.  The actual damage decrease isn't that bad, the main nerf is to the stability, so you have more manual adjust.  Honestly, anyone that plays BF4, like me and my boy Goon did, knows you have to make manual adjustments with a ton of the weapons with recoil.  

I'm still gonna get my legendary auto-rifle once I hit rank 3 and run with it.  Then two weeks later when I have enough crucible credits I'll pick up a scout one too.  Why not?

Probably a stupid question, but what the hell is "nerfing"?

Ah nevermind, I found the article on it.  Well ****.  I love the auto rifle too.  Time to find a good scout rifle I suppose.

Like I said, it seems negligible for the most part.  I did have a horrible two games, but that happens sometimes.  Just get both lol.

Any one roll with a pulse rifle? I just got my first legendary primary weapon from an engram and it was a pulse rifle. I haven't really used those. I prefer hand cannons and scout rifles for my primary. Should I keep the pulse rifle or scrap it for parts?

Keep it, it's legendary.  Pulse rifles, when I've used them has been in PvE and I think they are fine.  Heck, all the guns are fine in PvE for the most part.  It fires rounds in bursts if I'm not mistaken, semi-auto right?  I'm gonna start trying to utilize all the weapons in PvP.  Last night, I was able to work in my sniper rifle and got about 3-4 people crouched on a rooftop.  

I got one guy 3 times lol, he tried to run up on there with me and I slammed his ass with my melee punch, I LOL'd.  Then finally someone got me from behind while I was trying to cap another guy.  

I actually ran with the pulse rifle for a day (cause my dumbass dismantled my auto-rifle by accident), I do better with fully automatic weapons, basically in any shooter game.  But that's just me.  

Question, cause I'm too lazy to google search it.  Does anyone know if the armor/weapons you get is soul bound?  Like Legendary drops?  Or purchased legendary items?  Can they be stored in your bank and used by other characters when they hit the required level?

I know that on the warlock, Titan and Hunter vendors, it's specific to their class.  But is that the same for the legendary gear off the crucible vendor?  I would assume all weapons can be shared across chars too.

I like Scout Rifle in PVE, since being able to deal consistent precision damage from range is really valuable(you can't really risk getting too close in higher level PVE with how hard everything hits).

In PVP though I definitely prefer Auto Rifle. More forgiving for someone like me who...lets just say sucks at PVP lolol.

I have plenty of marks but man I hate grinding rep. This is like old school WoW all over again. Ain't nobody got time fo dat. :(

Archived