Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Destiny Thread (PS4 and Xbox One)

Dont Taze Me Bro

Wizards burn easy with solar damage.  (ICE BREAKER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!)  If you shoot an enemy, the color of the shield tells you what will burn it.  Purple = void, Blue = Arc, Red = Solar and I think that's all of them.

Did the weekly nightfall with no issues, because we rolled in there with solar secondary weapons and arc heavy weapons.  (Arc for the knights).  Bout 20 min?

Happy hunting.

Guys if your having trouble finding a group for nightfalls or VoG....check out reddit.com/r/fireteams...

A lot of groups and a lot of level 30's willing to run rookies through the vault.  A great community for Destiny end game...

Was almost done with the raid last night with 1 level 30 and 5 26's but had to leave the group to watch the game..

Not me. Feel free to add though. PSN ID VeroViper. I play most nights a couple of hours(around 9-11 EST) and more on weekends.

I'll get you added man.  Its funny, I had two friend invites with no message.  So I sent a message to both asking if I knew them.  One guy replied tonight and said no I don't know him but him and his friend played some Crucible with me, thought my name was hilarious and they all wanted to add me lol.

Got really lucky the last couple days in strikes. Got an awesome legendary machine gun(Zombie Apoclypse)and incredible exotic sniper rifle(Patience and Time). Also got the legendary scout rifle Proxima Centauri II for hitting Vanguard rank 3.

I now have legendaries/exotics in all my character slots. Still level 25, just a smidge away from 26. I need a ton of random mats though to level up my gear.

My crucible game is improving....had a 39-7 game on control with 7 captures.

No camping for this guy....just smashing fools.

mines getting worse lol.  I think it's because I've been leveling my alts through there.  I haven't played my Titan in weeks.  I absolutely ****ing hate my Warlock.  I like my Hunter, but it's hit or miss with him.  I'm just happy I've gotten them both to level 20.  

Gonna hop back on my Titan now, get my credits and buy the hunter a  nice auto rifle.  Unless I'm playing against a stacked team of awesome, I'm always averaging probably around 3K in matches with a positive K/D ratio.  If your hitting 4K - 5K points, I'd say its a great match.  

That match I was at 4950 points last night, I started out so awesome, I ran up and took out two guys with the auto rifle, captured flag A (on the map where there is a bunker under A - some round dome in front of it where the one wall moves around) and took out a guy while capturing, I hopped into the circle, took out 2 more guys, busted out the slash and dash, killed 4 guys with it, grenade another got Relentless (I think).  I saw medals popping up, but it's possible I only killed 9 in a row.  

Either way, then got sniped lol.

Yeah, I usually get stuck on a absolute crap team and get pooped on until I back out.

But for some reasons, the planets aligned and I was teamed up with 5 absolute studs and we crushed face for a good hour and a half.

I'm not the player that can carry a team, I'm the player that feeds off others and makes them better.  (i.e. I will die for you as long as we win....I'll keep 2-3 dudes busy while we cap).  I'm all about the W.  If the game actually cared about player performance and wasn't so random, I'd leave them out to dry lol.

Until that changes, teamwork baby!

I've been getting better at the crucible. Especially with the Hunter. I started doing the crucible for the majority of my playing time around lvl 7 on Monday, by noon Thursday(day off from work) I was a lvl 20. I've been averaging between 2800 - 3600 a match with the occasional match where I destroyed everyone and had 4500-5000. 

Teamwork is definitely the key to being successful. Whenever I get distracted with other stuff and start being lone wolf, I generally hold my own if it's 1-on-1 but find myself dying frequently because I'm outnumbered. When I seek out allies and roll in groups I can pretty much come out on top. 

Using the Hunter, sub-class Bladedancer, just makes it way too easy to dominate though. 

• 3 months later...

Well, this game is still awesome.

There are some glaring issues still and the bungie engineers are more focused on stopping cheese than fixing the problems:

Heavy ammo bug

Network errors on server side

Still love this game.

Most definitely a fun game. I took a break from it for about a month because I was getting burned out on it. I'm now back playing and the fun is still there.

I agree with you about the bugs those. Just a few minor tweaks here and there and it will be great.

Most definitely a fun game. I took a break from it for about a month because I was getting burned out on it. I'm now back playing and the fun is still there.

I agree with you about the bugs those. Just a few minor tweaks here and there and it will be great.

Do triple night fall and triple heroic weekly every Tuesday.  I sprinkle in some Roc playlist.  The main reason I do anything other than those and wait til the next week is:

Gjallerhorn

Hawkmoon

Mida Multitool

I need those in my life and RNG hates me.

Do triple night fall and triple heroic weekly every Tuesday.  I sprinkle in some Roc playlist.  The main reason I do anything other than those and wait til the next week is:

Gjallerhorn

Hawkmoon

Mida Multitool

lol! I hear you regarding RNG. I have no luck ever getting anything good. My luck is bound to change you would think.

I have two exotic weapons as of now. I got the invective by completing a bounty and the plan c I bought from xur. As for armor I have the exotic knuckhead radar helmet.

What's your go to weapon when doing pvp? I love the aries nemesis scout rifle.

I have logged tons of hours in this game and have yet to even attempt any raids. Is that bad?

lol! I hear you regarding RNG. I have no luck ever getting anything good. My luck is bound to change you would think.

I have two exotic weapons as of now. I got the invective by completing a bounty and the plan c I bought from xur. As for armor I have the exotic knuckhead radar helmet.

What's your go to weapon when doing pvp? I love the aries nemesis scout rifle.

I have logged tons of hours in this game and have yet to even attempt any raids. Is that bad?

Thorn or Suros Regime for PVP.  They just chew up people.

Not completing a raid isn't anything.  Lots of players haven't attempted them yet.

Thorn or Suros Regime for PVP.  They just chew up people.

Not completing a raid isn't anything.  Lots of players haven't attempted them yet.

Yes on both weapons. I know they are good because that's what I find myself getting killed by the most. I however, have neither of those. lol

I have the Lord High Fixer and Timur's Lash for hand cannons. Both are quite good I just need to use them more.

It just seems like the raids are where you can get the better stuff. I guess I need to just get a crew and complete some of them.

Well, this game is still awesome.

There are some glaring issues still and the bungie engineers are more focused on stopping cheese than fixing the problems:

Heavy ammo bug

Network errors on server side

Still love this game.

My friends and I still play consistently. I can tell Bungie is most concerned with keeping players grinding towards maxing their characters out, and less so fixing the nagging issues. Raising the damage and armor defense on all weapons EXCEPT for the weapons and armor equipped to your character and in your vault. This forces every gamer to have to replace legendaries and upgrade exotics in order to remain effective in strikes and raids. 

I get dropped out of sessions less now, but still encounter the annoying marionberry error that occurs if you have your X1 'always on' feature enabled. I see encounter private chat issues, which I believe are due to Bungie using the same TCP/UDP ports for chat sessions as Xbox live. They should've used a typical, unused port. I never have X1 private chat issues unless I'm playing Destiny, so my friends and I just use fireteam chat instead. 

Gjallerhorn

Hawkmoon

Mida Multitool

You get triple rewards for those missions on Tuesdays???? Where have I been?!?!?!?

My friends and I still play consistently. I can tell Bungie is most concerned with keeping players grinding towards maxing their characters out, and less so fixing the nagging issues. Raising the damage and armor defense on all weapons EXCEPT for the weapons and armor equipped to your character and in your vault. This forces every gamer to have to replace legendaries and upgrade exotics in order to remain effective in strikes and raids. 

I get dropped out of sessions less now, but still encounter the annoying marionberry error that occurs if you have your X1 'always on' feature enabled. I see encounter private chat issues, which I believe are due to Bungie using the same TCP/UDP ports for chat sessions as Xbox live. They should've used a typical, unused port. I never have X1 private chat issues unless I'm playing Destiny, so my friends and I just use fireteam chat instead. 

You get triple rewards for those missions on Tuesdays???? Where have I been?!?!?!?

I think DaGoonie is trying to say he does the nightfall when it come's out on Tuesday's with each of his characters. I could be mistaken though.

I've been feeling the urge to crack the knuckles, dust off Destiny and get back into it.   It's been about 3 months since I played it.  Any major changes?  Is the Crucible still gear level adjusting?

The first expansion dropped, which added three or four new playable missions, new weapons and armor. It also increased the max level from 30 to 32. The crucible is still gear adjusted, but occasionally they pull out the Iron Banner, which is basically the crucible without the gear restrictions. They need to make that a permanent mode and stop taking it out. 

I think DaGoonie is trying to say he does the nightfall when it come's out on Tuesday's with each of his characters. I could be mistaken though.

Oooooh! I do that too. I do the daily and weekly strikes with all three of my characters(one for each class), and pool all of their rewards/materials together. 

Still havent been able to play through the weekly strikes or a raid unfortunately. I usually have to play with myself but sometimes my brother in law can play. I wish there was some matchmaking for the weekly and nightfall strikes. Oh well, got my first exotic bounty yesterday so trying to knock that out.

Level 28 but not even full legendary gear yet, feel like im missing out on the weekly strikes on getting some good stuff.

Have 3 Legendary weapons but they are all primary of course. :(

Level 28 but not even full legendary gear yet, feel like im missing out on the weekly strikes on getting some good stuff.

Have 3 Legendary weapons but they are all primary of course. :(

You get a legendary fusion rifle when you beat the bane of Crota bounties

You get a legendary fusion rifle when you beat the bane of Crota bounties

Havent upgraded to the expansion yet, will probably do so soon. On a side note, anyone ever tried to solo one of the Weekly strikes? I know some people do, was wondering if anyone had so I can figure out what level and gear I should have before I attempt it.

Havent upgraded to the expansion yet, will probably do so soon. On a side note, anyone ever tried to solo one of the Weekly strikes? I know some people do, was wondering if anyone had so I can figure out what level and gear I should have before I attempt it.

You on PSN?

If so I'll run you through whatever you wanna do.

add me: Mssanary

The key to destiny is having people to play with. This is what I love about the game. I can totally understand people not liking it if they don't have others to play with.  Once I realized that, my friends list has jumped from 7 to about 30. I've met a lot of really cool people online and end up playing with a core group pretty regularly.  I can't say enough how much I love Destiny.  Its really addicting.

Use either the Looking for Group website or even this site to find others that play.  I receive help all the time and I also help people as much as possible.

Archived