Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Destiny Thread (PS4 and Xbox One)

Dont Taze Me Bro

what affects how fast you get supercharged?

Intellect

Also, bought the vanguard chest piece. Later in the night got my first legendary drop that I can use - scout rifle. What are the odds that my fav weapon would drop first?

It is a world of difference with good gear. Nowhere near as hard.

Trying for the vault this weekend.

Intellect

Also, bought the vanguard chest piece. Later in the night got my first legendary drop that I can use - scout rifle. What are the odds that my fav weapon would drop first?

It is a world of difference with good gear. Nowhere near as hard.

Trying for the vault this weekend.

Do you get those drops in PVP or Single Player?

We played a few rounds of 3v3 last night, we werent even playing well but it was the most multyplayer fun I've had in a loooooooooong time.  3v3 also has it's own special maps, at least 3 of them I think and they are pretty small.  Anyone begging for 32v32 is lost, the fast paced team work required in 3v3 is a much better option.

Do you get those drops in PVP or Single Player?

Co-op. We were running vanguard play lists. Did some reading. On heroic mode, every bad guy has the exact same chance to drop gear. So we lowered the difficulty and this dropped in a lvl 12 strike. The blues suck and were level 12, but you can run devils lair in under 20 min. We killed the walker in 3:35.

Also check out youtube for loot grinding spots. I did the one on the mission to find the dead guardian and leveled up the cryptarch quick.

Hail.

Fellas hit me with that knowledge.  I've gotten my Warlock to 15, then started leveling a Titan (level 13 now).  Anyhow, do I have to do the story missions to unlock stuff?  I know that you have to do story to level 5 to PvP and there are certain unlock rewards for doing the starter missions (like the heavy guns, etc.).

I have only completed Earth and one moon mission.  Will doing the story and grinding for gear/loot/etc. help me in PvP?  Cause I thought it was scaled down as far as weapon damage and armor being for the most part equal.  I could be way off on this, but want to make sure.

I know I said I am loving the game, both story and PvP.  But I'm loving the PvP more lol, so I've only been doing that lately.  Any help is appreciated.

Fellas hit me with that knowledge. I've gotten my Warlock to 15, then started leveling a Titan (level 13 now). Anyhow, do I have to do the story missions to unlock stuff? I know that you have to do story to level 5 to PvP and there are certain unlock rewards for doing the starter missions (like the heavy guns, etc.).

I have only completed Earth and one moon mission. Will doing the story and grinding for gear/loot/etc. help me in PvP? Cause I thought it was scaled down as far as weapon damage and armor being for the most part equal. I could be way off on this, but want to make sure.

I know I said I am loving the game, both story and PvP. But I'm loving the PvP more lol, so I've only been doing that lately. Any help is appreciated.

From what I understand, after getting to level 20, you get higher by focusing on "light rating". Doing the story mode, strikes and other stuff will help you get gear higher in light rating as well as earning the vanguard marks. Also, be sure to do bounties.

Multiplayer is pretty fun. It feels a bit like Halo, where strategy is the most important thing. It also doesnt have the spawn-in-a-dead zone thing that COD does freqently. I enjoy it. That being said, I still enjoy Halo 2 and 3's multiplayer better than anything since. Big Team Battle where i was the warthog driver on capture the flag... Man that was fun. Then Reach came out.

Modern Wafare 2 has been the next best thing after Halo 2/3 imo. Destiny really needs to fix the team speak aspect. It really sucks to be on a team of guys where none of them can talk with each other. In a world of interconnectiviy ( i think that is one of their selling points) not a single person can talk to each other unless they are in a party. Thats a problem. I guess its to reduce the amount of "bullying." But trash talking and team speak are some of the best aspects of online gaming. You always have the choice to just mute someone if you dont like what they are saying. I assume Bungie will fix this issue.

Does that help in PvP though? Or only story/co-op modes?

My son plays the PvP more than I do, so I'm not 100% sure. However, yes, no matter what it does help because of you abilities. My character can now cloak so my son will do that in PvP and get kills all day. So there is a benefit in PvP, I just don't know if your defense and weapon strength is what it is or if they equal everyone out for fairness. The abilities help a great deal though.

My son plays the PvP more than I do, so I'm not 100% sure. However, yes, no matter what it does help because of you abilities. My character can now cloak so my son will do that in PvP and get kills all day. So there is a benefit in PvP, I just don't know if your defense and weapon strength is what it is or if they equal everyone out for fairness. The abilities help a great deal though.

Don't you unlock abilities just by leveling/playing though?  Or do I have to story mode to get cloak.  I want cloak, it's bad ass lol

Don't you unlock abilities just by leveling/playing though? Or do I have to story mode to get cloak. I want cloak, it's bad ass lol

From what I've seen. You unlock the fastest playing pvp but it's not that much difference. The thing that is so cool about the game is all the different ways you can play and to be honest, you are best off playing all the different ways. It seems as if you benefit differently in each way.

I just found this loot Cave. It's awesome. Watch the video to understand how it works.

http://www.polygon.com/2014/9/21/6760715/destiny-loot-cave-engrams-farming

As far as gear in PVP....normal pvp modes levels and gear are evened out by some algorhythm on the server side.  There will be available (maybe now, not sure) modes where you are as powerful, or not, as your gear is.

Queens wrath event begins today, I have no idea what that entails - but my twitter is blowing up over it.  Pretty cool from what I read.

I'm lvl 26 now.  Have exotic chest piece (raspberry) and exotic rocket launcher (truth).  Seems my personal bottleneck to leveling up is ascendant materials.  I need 50+ of each to max what I have now, I need to upgrade helmet and boots to legendary.  I expect this to happen this week.  I will get the vanguard boots and the FWC helmet.  Pretty stoked.

I need a vault group to raid with.  Don't think my normal peeps will commit to putting the work in to downing that ridiculous boss.  Hit me up if you wanna get started figuring it out.  MSSANARY on PSN.

Loving this game.  I, honestly, can't believe as many hours as I have put in and it hasn't gotten boring.  Good job Bungie.

Has anyone made an ES clan/group so that when we are all at 27 we can have enough people to try the raid?

Don't think anyone has.  Are you on PS4 BigMike?  

As far as gear in PVP....normal pvp modes levels and gear are evened out by some algorhythm on the server side.  There will be available (maybe now, not sure) modes where you are as powerful, or not, as your gear is.

Queens wrath event begins today, I have no idea what that entails - but my twitter is blowing up over it.  Pretty cool from what I read.

I'm lvl 26 now.  Have exotic chest piece (raspberry) and exotic rocket launcher (truth).  Seems my personal bottleneck to leveling up is ascendant materials.  I need 50+ of each to max what I have now, I need to upgrade helmet and boots to legendary.  I expect this to happen this week.  I will get the vanguard boots and the FWC helmet.  Pretty stoked.

I need a vault group to raid with.  Don't think my normal peeps will commit to putting the work in to downing that ridiculous boss.  Hit me up if you wanna get started figuring it out.  MSSANARY on PSN.

Loving this game.  I, honestly, can't believe as many hours as I have put in and it hasn't gotten boring.  Good job Bungie.

I'm just a lowly 15 Titan :(  This is what I hate about games like these, no matter what character type I start with, I most always switch to another half-way through lol.  I'd probably be level 25 or so if I had devoted all my time to one character.

But seriously, in capture the flag, nothing makes me laugh more than running to a flag where 3-4 enemies are trying to capture then getting off my super charged Hulk Smash right on the flag and taking out all four of them at once.

yeah, hunter wasn't the way for me to go - doesn't really fit my playstyle, but I'm pot committed and I'm sticking it out til 30.  Then I'll roll a titan.  I can't wait to rush punch people.  That ish crushes me everytime in crucible.

Most hated enemy is the Vex.  Seriously, who designed the vex?  They must have had a terrible childhood.  But - there is nothing more satisfying than sniping a hobgoblin and smoking that ass in one shot.  HATE THEM.  I die more from random pansy sniper shots from 3000 meters away than anything else. 

3.5 more hours of work and back to grinding.  LOL  I'm hooked.

The Vex aren't that bad. Cabal shield guys are a pain in the arse since I'm a Titan and like to melee rush and it's not as effective with that big shield.

I haven't played the last couple days. Football Sunday and was busy yesterday. Hoping to hit 20 today. Think I'm close to finishing the story as well.

Been trying Defender subclass for Titan and its defensive abilities are awesome. The super in particular is great against bosses. Run up to a boss and plant the bubble and the boss will just sit there shooting at you, allowing your allies to wreck the boss without fear of getting insta one shot.

Archived