Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

TK's Sportsbar: The official '14 season Twitter thread, whatnot free, Almond Milk included, Fat Tire Sponsored

SWFLSkins

97cb3443d8ba4960b9368665a44c67b9_normal.

@CHICKatCSN

In light of Ndamukong Suh winning his appeal of 1 game suspension, Redskins have asked for 2014 to be expunged from record books. #toosoon?

Rick Snider @Snide_Remarks 1m1 minute ago Maryland, US

I only have to work til noon and then I'm off the rest of the year!

Rick Snider @Snide_Remarks 37s38 seconds ago Maryland, US

@bmcnally14 Charley spoke all the time and never said anything, but you could at least ask.

Rick Snider @Snide_Remarks 56s57 seconds ago Maryland, US

Don't expect anything from Bruce Allen. He smiles, figures he's smarter than you. Should be a politician. Just a living silver spoon.

ick Snider @Snide_Remarks 3m3 minutes ago Maryland, US

Sports Junkies ponder questions for Bruce Allen thinking he'll actually answer them in today's presser. Silly boys. Bruce admits nothing.

Rick Snider @Snide_Remarks 8s9 seconds ago Maryland, US

You can ask Bruce Allen the questions you want, but he won't say anything. You can't make him and he knows it.

Rich Tandler @Rich_TandlerCSN 11s11 seconds ago

The #Redskins have signed 8 of 10 practice squad players to reserve/future contracts: http://www.csnwashington.com/redskinsblog/redskins-sign-8-futures-contracts  #RedskinsTalk via @TarikCSN

Rick Snider @Snide_Remarks 50s50 seconds ago Maryland, US

@skinzmama Done that too many times for too many years. Finally learn it's pointless.

@Snide_Remarks @skinzmama If no one shows for the press conference, then your saying it would be the same output?

Rick Snider @Snide_Remarks 11s11 seconds ago Maryland, US

Years ago, everybody said "Snyder just wants to win" as an excuse. Nothing has changed in 15 years, but now he's finally the bad guy.

Rick Snider @Snide_Remarks 2m2 minutes ago Maryland, US

Take nothing from Gruden saying he'd advocate to keep Haslett. He has to say that whether he means that or not.

Junkies want to even fire the Redskins secretaries. B.J. goes over my dead body. The rest of the building is in play.

DeSean Jackson's Mom @GeeJackson10 51s52 seconds ago

Donate and Buy Purple DeSean Jackson Foundation Wrist Bands http://wp.me/P2ILib-Z  via @wordpressdotcom

Rick Snider retweeted

Expecting Bruce Allen to say "Tough year. Ooh look at these old SB trophies! They're pretty and shiny! No, Dan won't talk to you." #Redskins

I saw Snyder fire 150 people over his first year as owner. Cleaning house sure didn't work then.

1. @BmitchliveCSN & yours truly in Tuxedos 2nite for our New Year's Eve edition of @SportsTalkCSN 10pm on CSN. #champagneonice

0 replies 1 retweet 1 favorite

@CHICKatCSN I'll have a Diet Coke with lime. Hurry and there's a tip in it for you.

Chris Russell @Russellmania980 34s34 seconds ago

Me 2. "MT @lizclarketweet: In 5 full NFL seasons #Redskins GM Bruce Allen responsible, team has gone 28-52. Eager to hear his accounting."

Washington Redskins @Redskins 1m1 minute ago

The final #Redskins Morning Clips of 2014 includes offseason plans, QB discussion & more: http://oak.ctx.ly/r/29gna 

B6MQbFSCQAEyzrn.jpg

Rick Snider @Snide_Remarks 11s11 seconds ago Maryland, US

My prediction of Vinny Cerrato one day returning stands. Doesn't sound crazy anymore, does it? Anything but smart happens at Redskins Park.

Why does the above picture remind me of Abbot and Costello?

Who's in first?

Who.

That's what I'm asking?

What?

No, they're in second. Whos in first.

Who?

Right. Who's in First.

That's what I'm trying to figure out. Who's in first?

WHO!

I don't know! That's why I'm asking you!

I don't know's in third.

I don't care who's in third. I want to know who's in first.

Who?

I give up!

Shanny? Is that you again?

Tarik El-Bashir @TarikCSN 2m2 minutes ago

Took @MikeJonesWaPo and his pit crew 22 minutes to change LR tire. Something tells me NASCAR ain't calling.

B6MSzlaIUAAM6rI.jpg

Rick Snider retweeted

Without exception, each year Dan Snyder's New Year's resolution is to be the best owner in all of professional sports.

Washington Redskins @Redskins 20s21 seconds ago

BREAKING: #Redskins and defensive coordinator Jim Haslett have mutually agreed to part ways.

B6MUqHqCUAIWb8G.jpg

@Rich_TandlerCSN

If the Redskins had given up sacks at the rate Cousins was sacked per game, they would have given up 23, T-3 best in NFL. Bad OL?

I really wish people would stop trying to always extrapolate a few games into a season as if that would definitely happen. At least this is a little better than the people trying to act like the two game stretch of Jacksonville and Philadelphia was indicative to what offensive output would look like all year.

(Aslo, something odd I just discovered by the sack totals. Pro-Football Reference has him for 8. However, looking at box scores he had 2 sacks against Jacksonville, 0 in Philly, 2 against the Giants, 2 against the Seahawks, 2 against the Cardinals, and 1 against the Titans. That's 9)

Cousins was playing at a time when our line was the healthiest it was all year. Even then, based on box scores we were looking at roughly 2 sacks a game with the Philly game being an outlier that seemingly skews things due to the small sample size.

Were the sack totals of the O-Line this year inflated because of Grifin and McCoy being play extender style QB's that naturally take more sacks, and Griffin having issues with getting the ball out on time? Yes, absolutley. But does that mean the O-Line this year wasn't bad? Absolutely not.

It's amazing how quick people are to go "stats don't matter, I know what my eyes see" when it suits their purposes, but just shrug that off and ignore it when it doesn't.

Our O-Line played poorly this year. They routinely got blown up in the middle and for a good portion of the year our right tackle was getting blown by often and our left one was banged up and not looking like his probowl self at times.

This is the problem with people in this town; selective arguments that aren't consistent, an attempt to place remove blame from some areas in order to place it on others (when both places deserve blame), and a seeming focus on facts and things that suit their reality only.

Archived