Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

TK's Sportsbar: The official '14 season Twitter thread, whatnot free, Almond Milk included, Fat Tire Sponsored

SWFLSkins

I'm not surprised... a little relieved, but not surprised.

If Snyder has been anything he has been quick on the trigger finger. He's generally not reluctant to fire coaches. I think Dan's been "coached" to be more patient for the sake of consistency, but ya got to imagine that finger's been itching for a few years now.

Either way, the excitement over the firing is just another setup for excitement over whoever we hire, which leads to unreasonable expectations, which leads to disappointment (now I do sound like a negative Nancy).

I know people are saying they want Wade Phillips or Rex Ryan but I have a feeling that we'd even mess that up. I really feel like this team is the Wizards of my childhood and Snyder is the new Abe Pollin. Bruce Allen is the new Wes Unseld. Heck, we can even argue that RG3 is Chris Webber.

Either way, the excitement over the firing is just another setup for excitement over whoever we hire, which leads to unreasonable expectations, which leads to disappointment (now I do sound like a negative Nancy).

I know people are saying they want Wade Phillips or Rex Ryan but I have a feeling that we'd even mess that up. I really feel like this team is the Wizards of my childhood and Snyder is the new Abe Pollin. Bruce Allen is the new Wes Unseld. Heck, we can even argue that RG3 is Chris Webber.

My first statement on this was... this isn't the cure, but it's a necessary and positive step.  Who we replace him with, who we retain, and how the players respond/play will be the most telling thing.

But it was a necessary amputation based on results and the fact that his players had mostly given up on his side of the ball. They tuned him out.

Diane Chesebrough @DiChesebrough 2m2 minutes ago

Allen: "New attitude in building.Jay has really brought people together. Attitude is healthy" #Redskins @Sportsjourney

Chris Baker @cbaker92redskin 47s47 seconds ago

Hate to see Coach Has leave thanks for everything thanks for believing in me and giving me a chance Best Of Luck

Washington Redskins @Redskins 1m1 minute ago

Allen: "That's my job, to help figure out that puzzle" to get a winning team on the field. Says "we're looking for solutions."

Archived