Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Has Daniel Snyder's image changed amongst Redskins fans?

Springfield

To Kraft's credit, once he hit the lottery, he didn't screw it up. There's something to be said for that. It doesn't seem like Bellichick is the easiest cat to get along with, but there's never been a hint of dissension up there. That could be because they run the place like The Kremlin, but who knows?

The Steelers do seem to be the gold standard. We'll see how things hold up as they transition into the third generation of ownership, though.

Bisciotti in Baltimore seems really really good at selecting and nurturing the people in his organization. Which seems to be what the Rooneys do really well too.

To me, that's always really been what good leadership is. Not throwing money around. And not giving Patton-like speeches. But finding and nurturing really good people. To me, that's what Snyder is absolutely truly terrible at. I mean, is there a single successful executive/coach/bathroom attendant anywhere in America who can say, "Boy...I learned a lot from Dan Snyder......?"

Just think of the narrative of his coaching hires. Marty was going to teach him how the NFL worked. And Gibbs was going to teach him to be a leader. And then Shanahan was going to show him how to run a team. And here were are 15 years later.

You look at the Steelers and the narrative is always reversed. "Dan Rooney will teach Bill Cowher. And he will nurture Mike Tomlin. And, the Steelers gave Chuck Noll the room to grow." Does any other owner in sports get treated like a high school junior who needs a trig tutor?

Bisciotti in Baltimore seems really really good at selecting and nurturing the people in his organization. Which seems to be what the Rooneys do really well too.

Bisciotti did what Snyder should have done.  He let the GM make the decisions.  That's his claim to fame.  He basically did nothing.....relatively speaking.

Do not get me started on how cheap Snyder really is.

Anyone remember the bloody offseason of 2009. Right before signing Haynesworth the organization cut a good chunk of staff

The scouting department is a miniscule joke. Snyder needed to take the Lerner/Stan Kasten/Mike Rizzo approach and raid every scouting staff in the NFL the second their contracts came up. Is it any coincidence the Nationals have one of the best organizations in baseball? No, they have the biggest scouting staff and mix it very well with data analytics. It is a machine 

Do we have even a data analytics staff? A person? 

Shanny had to **** and moan for 3 years before getting upgrades at Redskins Park. A new cafeteria. Hooray.

Pretty much any big conference college football team has a better practice facility then the Redskins. Even the dorks at UVA.

Snyder was willing to spend on big name players. But on infrastructure and the non sexy stuff that can make you winner? The Redskins are way behind

I think the best example of NFL ownership is the Steelers and the Rooney family. They've had 10 seasons below .500 since 1970.

And it took Art Rooney 42 (mostly lousy) seasons to win his first ring. 

At that rate maybe we can have hope in another 27 years with Snyder? :ph34r:

I think fans like him more. Our team was so bad, others closer to the field suddenly took the wrath.  I am not sure an owner can tank a playoff team to 3-13. 

He has stepped back from GM duties. He has said FU with the name thing, no matter your stance, at least he is standing up for what he thinks is right, and addressing it head on. No hater has ever questioned his desire to win, over spending at every chance to get any player as needed.  While his prime goal annually to beat Dallas seems a little bit shallow, at least he is setting attainable goals and has priorities most fans will agree with. 

And it took Art Rooney 42 (mostly lousy) seasons to win his first ring. 

At that rate maybe we can have hope in another 27 years with Snyder? :ph34r:

Considering just how incredibly bad the redskins have been under Dan Snyder I'm not even thinking about superbowl victories.  I'll be a happy fan if the Redskins can string 3 season with 9 wins or more together.  That's almost unthinkable when you consider the Dan Snyder era has never produced back to back 9 win seasons.  I'm a reasonable guy, I just want a decent team from year to year.  Once we get there maybe I'll get really ambitious and start dreaming of winning the NFC east in back to back years.  But that's just a pipe dream at this point.  :)

Considering just how incredibly bad the redskins have been under Dan Snyder I'm not even thinking about superbowl victories.  I'll be a happy fan if the Redskins can string 3 season with 9 wins or more together.  That's almost unthinkable when you consider the Dan Snyder era considering he's never managed back to back 9 win seasons.  I'm a reasonable guy, I just want a decent team from year to year.  Once we get there maybe I'll get really ambitious and start dreaming of winning the NFC east in back to back years.  But that's just a pipe dream at this point.  :)

Lol

Baby steps here, I agree. Just 3 straight years of over .500 would be a miracle. 

You know what my biggest complaint with Snyder is?

He's spent 15 years driving his franchise into the ground, and I don't think he's had any fun doing it. If you are going to be a terrible owner - be a terrible owner with some style. Run your team's war room and field all questions at the draft about that nickel back from Grambling. Impregnate a cheerleader. Get into a public feud with a running back. Hire a Ryan brother to be your head coach. Sue the league. Sue the league again. Threaten to move the team to Danville, Virginia. Say it's because that was the last capital of the Confederacy.

Now, if you ****s go to my kickstarter page, I'll raise the $2 billion needed to buy the team, and you will witness some GLORIOUS terrible ownership. Terrible ownership a man can hang his hat on.

The Skins are like a badly run collections agency.

I have still seen nothing to suggest that much has changed with this team. The Shanahan era ended as a total clown show.

Still not sure what exactly Bruce Allen is doing for this team. It seems like we're recreating another best friends club at Redskins Park filled with Bruce and his buddies.

I have still seen nothing to suggest that much has changed with this team. The Shanahan era ended as a total clown show.

Still not sure what exactly Bruce Allen is doing for this team. It seems like we're recreating another best friends club at Redskins Park filled with Bruce and his buddies.

The man looks like a goddamn angel in a tailored suit.

Imagine how bleak things would be if we didn't have the best owner in the NFL.

What I don't understand from that conversation above is......sure, there are examples of cheapskate owners in the league like the Bidwells in AZ or the Browns in Cincy.  But don't the vast majority of the league owners do what Art is lauding Snyder for?  I don't know.....just asking the question.

Snyder's biggest problem is that he's a diehard Washington Redskins fan like us. He sometimes lets his fandom get in the way of rational ownership duties. I like the fact that's he's willing to give the coaches everything they need to succeed and he's very supportive of his players, like the time he lent Redskins One to Robert Royal's family before Hurricane Katrina.

With that being said, I still can't stand the man, in fact I think he's a monster with a small man complex. He's handled this name change debate very poorly starting with the "NEVER IN CAPS" crap.  He's treated the fans, alumni, and lower employees like absolute trash.

I'll never forget:

1) Charging admission for training camp

2) Stale peanuts from the defunct airline Independence Air

3) Banning signs at FedEx

4) Vinny Cerrato

5) Coaching carousel

6) Making draft picks and other roster moves

7) Coaching candidate sleep overs

8) Buddying it up with Clinton Portis

9) His fancy for Jeff George in 2000

10) Obstructed view seats

I could go on, but I've got **** to do.

I'm tired of the "He's just a fan" excuse. Do you think Mike Brown doesn't love the Bengals with every fiber of his being? Do you think Dan Rooney is indifferent towards the Steelers? Or do you think Robert Kraft can take or leave the Patriots?

Why do we treat Snyder like an 11 year old?

Because he runs the organization like an 11 year old?

I'll never question Snyder's desire to win at any cost... He just doesn't know how to. Can't say the same about Ted or the Lerner family ... They want to win if it is good for business.

I do. The Lerner's and Ted, while each having faults, invested in the infrasturcure (namely scouting depts) for their teams

It is why the Nats are on the verge of being very special 

I think the hate of Snyder has kinda gone away some because of the general apathy fans have been developing towards the team during his ownership. I mean, what's fun about the Redskins these days? I watch the games waiting for the bads things to happen and, inevitably, they do. I'll be happy for the team if they win again, but I'll never be emotionally invested again like I was back in the 90s.

I watch the games waiting for the bads things to happen and, inevitably, they do. I

I got you, Murphy's laws are depressing. Unfortunately for this franchise I'm not going to change my opinion about him until he sells the team. I almost forgot: he wants to win.

Archived