Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Welcome to the Redskins Bashaud Breeland (CB Clemson)

PCS

after seeing the amerson hype vs the reality, Ill wait to applaud this pick.  Best of luck of course

So are you implying Amerson didn't have a good season as a rookie? I would say he played fairly decent for a rook and improved as the season went along. Also where was the all the hype anyways? I remember some hyping him up but never the majority. Breeland was projected by some as a 2nd rounder and for him to fall to us in the 4th it could be a huge steal. He has major upside and could fit nicely in behind Hall and Amerson his rookie year.

Welcome to the Redskins Breeland!!

He'll likely win the 4th CB position and might even get some playing time at nickel if Porter doesn't pan out. Either way, the CB spot is a lot stronger now than it was, because relying on Minnefield or Crawford coming back from their injuries isn't exactly a good idea.

What reality? Kid played pretty well for a rookie. He was hardly a first-year bust.

You can't be serious. Amerson as a rookie showed great improvement by the end of the year in a team that totally sucked wind on defense and had safety problems all year long. Just ask the Cowboys how their trade up for their 1st round CB worked out. This kid is a keeper dude.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/sports/clemsons-bashaud-breeland-eager-to-get-to-rookie-camp-make-an-impression-on-redskins/2014/05/15/e335ddb6-dc4f-11e3-a837-8835df6c12c4_story.html

Article in the Post about him getting ready for Rookie Camp. I like his attitude, realizing he may be used only on teams this season. Awesome secondary play is my favorite thing to watch, it'd be great to see he and Amerson mature together. I'm really hoping Breeland breengs it.

Breeland's gametape vs FSU. He lines up all over the place. Not afraid to provide run support. He covered Kelvin Benjamin a few times.

He's #17

2:17 was where Winston took a shot at Benjamin with Breeland covering him.

That FSU highlight is not exactly Breelands finest hour, pretty rough actually!

John Keim's reactions after seeing him today: http://espn.go.com/blog/washington-redskins/post/_/id/7769/redskins-rookie-minicamp-observations

-Corner Bashaud Breeland likes to get his hands on receivers, even after the five yards that are allowed. He’s physical and with long arms. He’ll try to get a subtle grab at the top of a route. Just something to watch this summer.

-But Breeland, playing right corner, is experienced in press. Used good technique on one jam, getting his left hand on the inside of the receiver and bumping him off stride. Did not see a lot of separation from receivers against him.

So many like this pick that i'm fully prepared to jump on the bandwagon..

Welcome aboard. He needs a nickname.

Archived