Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Welcome to the Redskins Spencer Long (OG Nebraska)

PCS

Redskins selected Nebraska OG Spencer Long with the No. 78 overall pick in the NFL draft.

Long (6-foot-4 5/8, 320) made 33 starts for the 'Huskers, primarily at right guard, before suffering a season-ending left MCL tear six games into his senior year. He pumped 225 pounds 28 times at Nebraska's Pro Day. When healthy, Long is a huge-handed (10 3/4") drive blocker with tools to be a running-game asset. He has average athleticism for pass blocking, but upside to become a starting right guard. Long's senior-year injury could ultimately make him a draft-day steal.

Spencer Long OG

NFL.com analyst Nolan Nawrocki projected him going in rounds three or four, and refers to him as a “big,

tough, physical, ornery blocker with starter-quality positional traits and intangible qualities.”

Spencer Long is so injury prone.

We could have gotten Gabe Jackson. 4 year starter at Miss ST, didn't give up a sack in the past two years in the SEC. Moses and Jackson were two 2nd round talents that could have been had in the 3rd. Spencer Long would have been there in the 4th I bet....

At least we bolstered our O-Line...

Spencer Long is so injury prone.

We could have gotten Gabe Jackson. 4 year starter at Miss ST, didn't give up a sack in the past two years in the SEC. Moses and Jackson were two 2nd round talents that could have been had in the 3rd. Spencer Long would have been there in the 4th I bet....

At least we bolstered our O-Line...

Pretty much how I feel. But at least this means that Chris Chester won't start the season . . . on paper.

Long has now made a numbers crunch at guard.. You'd think your 3rd rounders are gonna stick.. but who is gonna play/stay out of Long, Lerib, Lavoau, Chester, Gettis, Hurt

Hope the guy pans out, but kind of seems to be a waste of either this year's 3rd round pick or 2 years ago (Lerib)

I like that we picked a lineman and I have no idea who he is, but CBS Sportsline has him marked as a 7th rounder/undrafted.  Hope the Skins scouting office knows something no one else does.

NFL.com has him as 2-3 rounder. Was gonna be a top-5 OG before his injury.

But I still wish we took Turner. Hope Long plays his ass off.

Lauvao, Long, Gettis, LeRibeus, Chester........... somebody's gonna be out of a job at he end of August and it ain't gonna be Lauvao or Long.

Last time Skins FO reached for an olineman was Chad Rhinehart. Meh.

Rinehart starts for Diego and just signed a 2 year deal............ just sayin.

Archived