Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Welcome to the Redskins Morgan Moses (OT Virginia)

PCS

I think this was a good pick. The guy's limbs are just freekishly long and big. I'm glad we have someone like that protecting RG3.

Moses looks like a project but I think he's got plenty of upside. Great pick getting him in the 3rd.

I looked up Tyler Polumbus' arm length coming out and Moses has got almost a full 3 (or 4 depending on where you read it) inches on Tyler Polumbus in the arm length department.  And Polumbus is like 6'7" or something like that and he's not even close.  That's crazy.  Freakishly long is the perfect way to describe Moses.

Let us not forget how many folks were mad that we drafted Trent over Okung.

Where there many? I remember it being predicted by many media sources because Trent was a better fit for Shanahan's zone blocking. I don't remember much outrage over the pick.

Where there many? I remember it being predicted by many media sources because Trent was a better fit for Shanahan's zone blocking. I don't remember much outrage over the pick.

I remember I was like WTF. I hadn't really studied Trent, but I had heard that Okung was the top tackle in the draft and I kinda assumed it was by far. In my passing listening to draft stuff taht year, I hadn't heard Williams's name. But I changed my opinion real quick.

I don't remember complaints about Trent, but I sure remember a lot of folks saying that Alfred was a wasted pick who wouldn't even make it to the 53, because we were already set at RB. 

One thing I'm worried about is they said he excelled when they inserted him into the LT position in college but he was lackluster at RT... isn't RT where we hope to play him?  If he cant guard LEs/LOLBs on college level, he'll be a folding chair at the NFL level.

I like how when he was drafted that blonde female reporter on NFL Network asked him since he is a local boy if he was a Redskins fan. He just sort of awkwardly looked about for a second then said something completely evasive, along the lines of "Well it's great to be close to home, etc. etc."

Bets on if he's a Cowboys fan? XD

I like how when he was drafted that blonde female reporter on NFL Network asked him since he is a local boy if he was a Redskins fan. He just sort of awkwardly looked about for a second then said something completely evasive, along the lines of "Well it's great to be close to home, etc. etc."

Bets on if he's a Cowboys fan? XD

Even if he is/was a Boys fan, its easy to change quickly.  I recall Stephen Bowen sliding over to the B and G burgade easily just like Jason Hatcher will.  I bet he has toured the Skins facilities in and out and every calender has the Cowboy games marked in a red. evil-colored red circle.... probably with a skull a crossbones beside their Logo.

Even if he is/was a Boys fan, its easy to change quickly.  I recall Stephen Bowen sliding over to the B and G burgade easily just like Jason Hatcher will.  I bet he has toured the Skins facilities in and out and every calender has the Cowboy games marked in a red. evil-colored red circle.... probably with a skull a crossbones beside their Logo.

Oh I'm not gonna knock the guy for it. :) So long as he goes hard when he's wearing our uniform I don't care who he likes off the field. I just thought it was funny how he completely dodged the question. :D

I think this should be must watch, a coaches tape breakdown of Morgan Mosses. In this video Moses  squares off against the eventual Chargers 2nd round pick in the 2014 draft Jeremiah Attaochu. In this his techniques are on display, not all good but definitely a lot of good things to be seen. It's long 22 minutes but worth the watch imo. The guy speaking is a former college football offensive lineman with a unique perspective.

I think this should be must watch, a coaches tape breakdown of Morgan Mosses. In this video Moses  squares off against the eventual Chargers 2nd round pick in the 2014 draft Jeremiah Attaochu. In this his techniques are on display, not all good but definitely a lot of good things to be seen. It's long 22 minutes but worth the watch imo. The guy speaking is a former college football offensive lineman with a unique perspective.

*snip*

This is fantastic.

I'm going to have to sub this guy's channel.

I know I'm only like a half dozen plays in....but the comment "he does everything right, except for actually blocking", sums up exactly who I think Morgan Moses is.   I hope the tape gets better, I hope he plays better come preseason.

Great find, Hank fan! I'm loving this. I can sit there and open up a youtube tape on an O-lineman but I don't have the patience to sit there and rewind each and every play and break it down.

I know I'm only like a half dozen plays in....but the comment "he does everything right, except for actually blocking", sums up exactly who I think Morgan Moses is. I hope the tape gets better, I hope he plays better come preseason.

Not sure if you got your answer or not but trust me hes critical of everyone at first including him but the more he watches him play the more he likes him

Moses is raw and extremely talented, very fortuante to have him on the team I think

I know I'm only like a half dozen plays in....but the comment "he does everything right, except for actually blocking", sums up exactly who I think Morgan Moses is.   I hope the tape gets better, I hope he plays better come preseason.

Watch the entire tape. He rates Moses as a late first rounder and says he is one of the best late first round tackles he has ever seen. He also says if anyone gets him in the second its a steal. I am extremely happy about landing this guy.

Keeping my fingers crossed that he is the solution to the right tackle woes that have plagued us since Jon Jansen's body broke down.

It's funny, but now you're an "old-timer" if you remember when the Skins had two outstanding (1 who had HOF potential and one who should have made a couple of Pro Bowls) OTs -- Chris Samuels and Jon Jansen.

Did this on the Murphy thread, thought I'd do it here too lol...

Some Trent Williams nuggets from 2010:

"So, after spending an offseason purging the roster of guys who supposedly had indifferent work habits, Shanahan is now going to draft the ONE of the top linemen that also seems to have issues with work ethic and consistent performance?"

"Williams at 4 would be a terrible pick. You don't spend a top 5 pick on a tackle who's a below average pass blocker and had far more success in college on the right side than the left, not to mention highly questionable work habits. There's a reason he wasn't considered a top 10 (or even top 20) pick after the season ended, and that's because his play on the field was not as impressive as his 40."

"I agree. We should go with the top LT on the board unless we make a big trade."

"Teams always seem to select the upside guy over the safe pick, and it always bites them in the *** because the "upside" guy busts."

"No way will that work out. He would get destroyed by NFL RDEs and rush LBs if you threw him in there from day one. The guy has only started 13 games as a LT. He was purely a RT in college until Loadholt got drafted and he moved to the left side. Inconsistent technique and footwork, struggled quite a bit at first, inconsistent effort. He got by mostly on his athleticism. Also apparently has a lazy streak and a questionable work ethic. If Shanny and Allen pick this kid I really hope they know what they're doing. Boom or bust in a major way."

"i would be pissed if we took him at 4, he was late 1st round pick before he had an impressive combine. now its like the game film of him struggling at times to play LT at Oklahoma just doesnt matter."

"No way. If Okung is available he will be the pick. Remember who was playing LT when Bradford got injured? It was Williams."

"What the hell???? A RT at #4? This reeks of Robert Gallery.... lets hope this is all a ruse"

"The whole argument of "upside" is ridiculous. To me that is a polite way of saying that a player is believed to have more talent than he displayed on film. And that IMO means that player does not have the type of work ethic you'd expect for a #4 draft pick, or experience to make the call. Likewise, just because Okung is more "polished" per say, doesn't mean that he has reached his ceiling and will not be able to get better than he is today.

I would seriously crap my pants if we took Williams over Okung ..."

"I don't see how you can pass on Okung if he is available at #4. He is the much safer bet. We need a stud LT to start from Day #1. Not a guy that that is a better fit at RT like Williams."

"I don't see what the issue is here - Williams was switched to RT because he played poorly at LT. And he's got a reputation for being lazy. By all means lets spend the #4 pick on him and move him back to LT!"

"do NOT pass on Okung if he is available..he will start from day 1. If he is not available, I still would rather trade back than take Williams at 4......"

"No Williams please God no! Berry before Williams please!"

"I'd much rather trade back and get the seemingly free-falling Anthony Davis in the middle-late 1st rd rather then take Trent anywhere in the top 10."

"I just read every scouting report I could find on T Williams and I really don't like how many of them say he might be better off at guard. That's the kiss of death."

"I do not like Williams at LT, I also think davis will struggle mightly in pass protection."

"If we draft Trent Williams at #4 overall I will do a facepalm. If they do I really, REALLY hope Shanny and Co. saw something in the game tape that really convinced them he would be a great LT and the "upside" factor was worth the risk, as opposed to being wowed by his 40 time or vertical."

"What are you talking about, of course there is a difference. Almost all the scouts say okung is ready to start from day one while its a mixed bag with Trent Williams. A lot of scouts say trent williams needs to be coached up first before a team sticks him in at left tackle. He needs work with his technique. The polished tackle in this draft is Okung. Skipping on okung for Williams is a huge mistake IMO."

"Did you watch Trent Williams play this last season? I did.......and he.......sucked. He got owned by the NFL caliber talent and by guys who have no business playing division 1 football."

If you recognize any of these, please take ownership of them lol...

Archived