KDawg

My 53

OFFENSE 26

QB 3 - Griffin, Cousins, McCoy

RB 4 - Morris, Helu, Seastrunk, Redd

FB 1 - Young

TE 3 - Reed, Paulson, Paul

WR 6 - Garcon, Jackson, Roberts, Moss, Robinson, Grant

OL 9 - Williams, Lauvao, Lichtensteiger, Chester, Polumbus, Moses, Compton, Long, LeReibus

DEFENSE 24

DL 6 - Cofield, Hatcher, Baker, Jenkins, Golston, Gaethers

LB 8 - Orakpo, Riley, Robinson, Kerrigan, Murphy, Compton, Hayward, Miller

CB 5 - Hall, Amerson, Porter, Breeland, Biggers

Safety 5 - Clark, Merriweather, Rambo, Thomas, Davis

SPECIALS 3

Sundberg, Way, Forbath

Love the 53!

Want it to be true, but Thompson vanished and I don't think that's gonna happen.

Compton, Miller and Davis...heartwarming stories, all. Not sure if Trenton Robinson goes away either.

I think he's gone sat, back Monday when Merriweather is suspended, and then gone again.

My prediction for final roster for the heck of it, certainly just my opinion. I'm sure I'll get some good feedback from you guys:

Offense (25):

QB(3)

Robert Griffin III

Kirk Cousins

Colt McCoy

RB(4)

Alfred Morris

Roy Helu

Silas Redd

Darrel Young

WR(6)

Pierre Garcon

Desean Jackson

Andre Roberts

Ryan Grant

Santana Moss

Aldrick Robinson

TE(3)

Jordan Reed

Logan Paulsen

Niles Paul

OT(4)

Trent Williams

Tyler Polumbus

Morgan Moses

Tom Compton

OG(4)

Shaun Lauvao

Chris Chester

Spencer Long

Josh Lerebius

C(1)

Kory Lichtensteiger

Defense (25):

DE(5)

Jason Hatcher

Jarvis Jenkins

Chris Baker

Kedric Golston

Clifton Geathers

NT(2)

Barry Cofield

Robert Thomas

OLB(4)

Brian Orakpo

Ryan Kerrigan

Trent Murphy

Everette Brown

ILB(3)

Perry Riley

Keenan Robinson

Adam Hayward

Akeem Jordan

CB(6)

Deangelo Hall

David Amerson

Tracy Porter

EJ Biggers

Bashaud Breeland

Richard Crawford

S(4)

Ryan Clark

Brandon Meriweather

Bacarri Rambo

Akeem Davis

Special Teams (3):

Zach Hocker

Robert Malone

Nick Sundberg

Notables:

Stephen Bowen - PUP

Leonard Hankerson - PUP

Philip Thomas - IR

Chris Neild - IR

Evan Royster - Cut

Brandon Meriweather - Will probably get a roster exemption for first two weeks, make way for a rental on a young player

PS (10):

Chris Thompson

Lache Seastrunk

Lee Doss

Tevita Stevens

Gabe Miller

Will Compton

Ted Bolser

Trenton Robinson

Chase Minnifield

DaMon Cromartie-Smith

I don't know, but I ink they should and at most try to PS him. I'm just not impressed with him at all in 2 Years. He never has flashed to me as a RB

I can't wait for this kid to show us something in the regular season and the entire ES site eats crow when CT shows what I have believed he's capable of doing since we drafted him..

Hey I'd welcome him finally showing us something, but what he may do in the future doesn't chance what he hasn't done thus far in the past and present. Maybe he balls out in the regular season, that won't make me change my opinion that he's looked little more than pedestrian as a RB for the past two years of watching him.

My 53

OFFENSE 26

QB 3 - Griffin, Cousins, McCoy

RB 4 - Morris, Helu, Seastrunk, Redd

FB 1 - Young

TE 3 - Reed, Paulson, Paul

WR 6 - Garcon, Jackson, Roberts, Moss, Robinson, Grant

OL 9 - Williams, Lauvao, Lichtensteiger, Chester, Polumbus, Moses, Compton, Long, LeReibus

DEFENSE 24

DL 6 - Cofield, Hatcher, Baker, Jenkins, Golston, Gaethers

LB 8 - Orakpo, Riley, Robinson, Kerrigan, Murphy, Compton, Hayward, Miller

CB 5 - Hall, Amerson, Porter, Breeland, Biggers

Safety 5 - Clark, Merriweather, Rambo, Thomas, Davis

SPECIALS 3

Sundberg, Way, Forbath

Agree on Offense.  On Defense, Cofield is your Starting Nose Tackle but who backs him up?  Also, do we know the verdict on Phillip Thomas' foot?  We may end up putting him on IR.  Otherwise, I like it. Good Job!!

I can't wait for this kid to show us something in the regular season and the entire ES site eats crow when CT shows what I have believed he's capable of doing since we drafted him..

It's not exactly "eating crow" material to say he hasn't earned a spot.

Agree on Offense. On Defense, Cofield is your Starting Nose Tackle but who backs him up? Also, do we know the verdict on Phillip Thomas' foot? We may end up putting him on IR. Otherwise, I like it. Good Job!!

Baker can move inside and Jenkins and Golston can take snaps there as well. Of course I'm guessing we see a lot of 4 man fronts as well.

Edit:

Baker and Golston have both played some nose for us in the past, and with us spending a lot of time in nickel it becomes less important

Most recent new I heard on Thomas was that it's not too serious after all

Good to hear about Thomas.

Quite a few nagging question marks on the strength of the probable 53 to me. 

On offense:

WR depth. Presuming Garcon, Jackson and Roberts are the top 3, the depth behind leaves a LOT to be desired. Grant showed little in college. (He's looked solid pre-season but it's a BIG jump to the real action.). Moss is at the tail end and was slipping badly in all facets the longer last year rolled. Aldrick still has it ALL to prove. 4 years in. Williams has great hands but is totally unproven and inexperienced. And Hank just can't stay healthy. 

OL. Here's where I see everything falling down. The centre on out the right hand side is as bad as last year for me currently with the undersized Lichtensteiger no upgrade on the equally weak Montgomery. Chester is regressing and even worse than last year if thats possible. And Polumbus is a continued major weak link at RT. Yes, he improved last year, But he was abysmal to start with so that's saying little. At tackle back-up you have one rookie in Moses who's still VERY raw and has a LONG way to go. Lauvao doesn't fill you with much confidence if he's called upon. I like the prospect of Long and I'd definately have LeRibius, Gettis and Hurt in there but I think I'll be lucky to get just one of them. I fear for Robert's health behind this continued mess. 

Defense. 

DL depth. Now Neild looks like he's done for the year, the defensive line depth just got thinner. Strong and improved in the starters, but outside of JJ nothing to write home about in reserve, If Highway 64/ The Turnstile Golston is a lock again then I give up. 

OLB depth. God forbid Ryan or 'Rak go down as you wouldn't want to throw Murphy to the wolves or worse have to rely on career journeymen back-ups Brown or Miller. More happier with the inside backers although there's still a question mark on how Riley will cope with stepping up to MIKE and how Keenan will look with virtually no pro experience to date. 

Secondary. Love the way the corner slots are taking shape. Both starters and quality young depth. But the safety positions could bring down the whole defense. Merriweather sadly gets a start by default (when he's not sitting out his next dumbass suspension); and Clark on the face of it is a decent years stop gap. But has he lost a step already? Opening day will answer that nagging question finally. And then you've probably Rambo and (hopefully he's not seriously injured) Thomas. One in effect a total rookie and the other still very raw. Safety continues to be scary as all heck. 

PK. Everything points to Hocker due to being drafted and having a stringer kick off leg. But why in the HELL would you ditch Cobra Kai? We finally find a kicker who doesn't have us hiding behind the sofa every time he takes the field and now many are happy to ditch him. I honestly don't get how this is even a debate, Reliable FG kicker > Strong kick-off leg. ANY day of the week. 

Wish I could see the unbridled optimism many have on the roster but as much as there's lots I really like going forward, there's still a LOT of roster building to do next offseason and beyond to get to where we want to be. 

The 2014 vintage overall leaves a lot to be concerned about. 

Hail. 

GHH, Gettis is gone. Miller was a TE and Keenan is the MIKE.

Also, I think you might be the only one that concerned with our WR4,5,6. We are deep there.

Gettis has gone? Well Hell, thats another one. 

Miller was a converted TE wasn't he? 

And Keenen is the MIKE over the guy with the experience? That has me even more concerned. 

Deep in players at receiver depth. Subjective to how talented you believe that is. 

Hail. 

Previous seasons worth of watching them/ college eval?

Hail.

Well Im not convinced that's the best way to form an opinion. I'd like to factor in some of what happened post last seasons debacle via coaching changes, camp & Preseason evaluation,

However, much of your concerns are valid, outside of WR for which I'd say we appear as stacked as you realistically can be at one position.

Archived