Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official Auxiliary Spillover "hey, but what about this guy" FA thread (M.E.T.)

DeadExField

Trade Cousins, bring in Vick to back up RG on the cheap.

I really doubt Vick would come for cheap. Definately not as some teams in dire need of a QB might break the bank for him.

I would gladly sign Mark Rypien's daughter as a backup anyway :P

Other than that, I could like Michael Oher. He might be expensive to play RT, but he would also be great insurance in case TW went down to injury.

Devin Hester could be fun, but I don't see any real reason to go after a KR/PR as good as he may be.

Byrd should be a priority though.

I think Sydney Rice is worthy of this thread.  It sounds like Seattle will release him soon if not already.  Yea, I know it seems like a decade since he's played but he is only 28 yrs old.  The chances of him actually getting healthy and being to produce are slim  but we are so thin at WR I would definitely bring him in for a look.

When Champ goes into the hall of fame he will go as a Redskin and one of the greatest of all time. I would welcome him and hester if the money was right, two positions that we need help at

Why?

I really don;t know why you would want someone on the team who left as soon and as fast as he could, never looked back, and basically said that he left DC to be part of a functional team.

NO MORE RETREADS! Stop looking for guys at the end of their career who are looking for that last payday.

I think Sydney Rice is worthy of this thread. It sounds like Seattle will release him soon if not already. Yea, I know it seems like a decade since he's played but he is only 28 yrs old. The chances of him actually getting healthy and being to produce are slim but we are so thin at WR I would definitely bring him in for a look.

not a bad idea, for cheap, if he clears a physical

not a fan of Chump ... in spite of his record # of interceptions I've never seen a guy with such a bad case of the dropseys ... well except maybe Carlos.  He put the ball on the ground on defense and offense and he didn't hold on to certain interceptions as a Redskin at least.  that and the fact that he has been outspoken about his distain for the Redskins as recently as last year (that's a long time to hold a grudge) combined with 2 back-side-of-the-hill seasons  ... yeah ... no

I really doubt Vick would come for cheap. Definately not as some teams in dire need of a QB might break the bank for him.

I would gladly sign Mark Rypien's daughter as a backup anyway :P

Other than that, I could like Michael Oher. He might be expensive to play RT, but he would also be great insurance in case TW went down to injury.

Devin Hester could be fun, but I don't see any real reason to go after a KR/PR as good as he may be.

Byrd should be a priority though.

Didn't Byrd re-sign with the bills, or get a franchise tag or something?

This time of year I read through the posts and see all of these crazy ideas of bringing in this guy or that guy only to see that 95% of them never come. Bryd is a good idea because he is still young and could help the team. Bringing in Sydney Rice is not a good idea especially when he was injured almost all of last year, on his second team, and his health still in question, I say no. DeMarcus Ware? He might be a good pick up but we can't play both Ware and Orakpo at the same position unless one plays end and the other OLB. I do agree that I wasn't all that impressed with the Josh Morgan signing a few years back expecially when he was signed after being on injured reserve the previous year. Josh Morgan isn't a PR/KR but was utilized as one because he was the only one that could hold onto the ball better than the rest. Bring him back at a vet minimum and if he makes the team then great but otherwise let him go. Forget about Hester because he is just a PK/KR and nothing more.

When Champ goes into the hall of fame he will go as a Redskin and one of the greatest of all time. I would welcome him and hester if the money was right, two positions that we need help at

champ will go in the HOF as a redskin? 

did he say this? where are you coming up with that?

and, no, if its true he left here cuz he was messing around and the wife put her foot down and demanded he seek a trade, then, no, he can go screw. 

champ will go in the HOF as a redskin? 

did he say this? where are you coming up with that?

and, no, if its true he left here cuz he was messing around and the wife put her foot down and demanded he seek a trade, then, no, he can go screw.

Nobody goes into the HOF as a member of any team. I don't know how many times that has to be said on the Internet for everybody to catch up.

Nobody goes into the HOF as a member of any team. I don't know how many times that has to be said on the Internet for everybody to catch up.

as many times as you have to tell people the term "bring him in for VM+I" isn't something any player you're talking about, will ever sign for.

Surprised no one has brought up Davin Joseph now that he's been released by the Bucs.  A lot of people wanted him a couple years ago before he signed an extension.  I remember there was a thread where someone talked to his girlfriend who lived in the area and said he wanted to sign with the Skins or something along those lines.  Bruce was in Tampa when they drafted him so there's a connection.  

I just saw on NFL.com that we are frontrunners for Talib and Mike Mitchell. Mitchell is a Safety for Carolina last year. Interesting. I also remember the thing about Davin Joseph and his girlfriend being from the area. Interesting acquisition if made. It would definitely be an upgrade for us.

Koolblue. What evidence makes you believe we have two starters at cb. Looking at tape we may have one if hall plays contract year well again.

I'm not saying get champ but the idea that our players are unquestionably better than other teams when we won 3 games and they lost three games is nuts. Champ would easily be the number two for us but he should be a nickel or try fs at this point.

Only way you evaluate out two starters is basically projecting a hockey stick level of growth for Amerson and Hall learning how to tackle.

http://realredskins.com/2014/03/10/need-to-know-five-free-agents-the-redskins-should-pursue/

Here is what you need to know on this Monday, March 10, one day before the start of NFL free agency.

Nickel coverage

Here are five free agents the Redskins should sign, at five different areas of need:

S Mike Mitchell, Panthers—He has been the subject of some buzz this weekend with the Redskins being among the teams reportedly interested. Mitchell does have some tackling issues (18 missed last year) but he should come at a price that reflects his flaws.

DL Lival Joseph, NYG—He should be the one big-money free agent the Redskins target and even at that he won’t break the bank. A rotation of him, Barry Cofield, Chris Baker and Jarvis Jenkins would be a solid group in the front of the Redskins’ 3-4 defense.

Koolblue. What evidence makes you believe we have two starters at cb. Looking at tape we may have one if hall plays contract year well again.

I'm not saying get champ but the idea that our players are unquestionably better than other teams when we won 3 games and they lost three games is nuts. Champ would easily be the number two for us but he should be a nickel or try fs at this point.

Only way you evaluate out two starters is basically projecting a hockey stick level of growth for Amerson and Hall learning how to tackle.

hall is a good tackler and excellent corner. Our rookie corner played well and just improved all year. Our CBs are not anymore a reason for our win total, than Champ was to the Broncos. Champ has refused to play FS for the Broncos and has been an injury prone bad CB for two years. I doubt he's going to improve at 37.

It's no secret that our biggest concern heading into the offseason has to be our secondary.  It looks like we're going to let Wilson walk, and we'll be in the market for a CB.  Derek Cox was just released by the San Diego Chargers.  

http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/5321/derek-cox

He has good size at 6'1", 195 lbs, solid 4.4 speed, and is 27 years old.  Prior to this year, he signed a 4 year $20 million contract with San Diego, and was regarded as one of the top free agents at CB in 2013.  Granted he had a sub-par year last year, but I think that may have had to do more with coaching/personnel than most people acknowledge.  

I played with this guy at William and Mary, and he was actually on my freshman hall.  Clearly, I'm a little biased, but I also have some rare insight into the guy's character.  Derek was one of the most hardworking guys I've ever might.  Seriously.  He used to run sprints by himself after every practice.  They guy has never touched a drop of alcohol in his life.  He'd go out to all the parties, and have a great time, but somehow had the willpower to be the only sober guy around within a mile radius.  Just recently he married his college sweetheart, and he's genuinely a really nice guy.  If you were looking to improve your locker room, this is the guy you'd want.  

I know we usually like to buy high and sell low, but I think if we can sign Cox, it'd be at a price much below his actual worth.  I think he'd battle with Amerson for the second CB spot, and he'd most likely win it.  Knowing Derek, he's pissed off and more motivated than ever.  

Let me know you guys think.  

I would like Darren Sproles in DC. He would help our return game and can be similar to Giovanni Bernard was for Jay Gruden in Cincinnati last year.

Yes, Sproles will be 31 when the season starts. But he isn't a featured back that gets worn down. Hopefully he won't demand the price tag of a featured back. 

It's no secret that our biggest concern heading into the offseason has to be our secondary. It looks like we're going to let Wilson walk, and we'll be in the market for a CB. Derek Cox was just released by the San Diego Chargers.

http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/5321/derek-cox

He has good size at 6'1", 195 lbs, solid 4.4 speed, and is 27 years old. Prior to this year, he signed a 4 year $20 million contract with San Diego, and was regarded as one of the top free agents at CB in 2013. Granted he had a sub-par year last year, but I think that may have had to do more with coaching/personnel than most people acknowledge.

I played with this guy at William and Mary, and he was actually on my freshman hall. Clearly, I'm a little biased, but I also have some rare insight into the guy's character. Derek was one of the most hardworking guys I've ever might. Seriously. He used to run sprints by himself after every practice. They guy has never touched a drop of alcohol in his life. He'd go out to all the parties, and have a great time, but somehow had the willpower to be the only sober guy around within a mile radius. Just recently he married his college sweetheart, and he's genuinely a really nice guy. If you were looking to improve your locker room, this is the guy you'd want.

I know we usually like to buy high and sell low, but I think if we can sign Cox, it'd be at a price much below his actual worth. I think he'd battle with Amerson for the second CB spot, and he'd most likely win it. Knowing Derek, he's pissed off and more motivated than ever.

Let me know you guys think.

this sounds great. You Should post this in the real FA thread. This ones for nonsensical things.

Archived