Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official Auxiliary Spillover "hey, but what about this guy" FA thread (M.E.T.)

DeadExField

Mods if I missed a thread already like the one we had last off season, feel free to close this one.

I see several should we threads for individual players so I thought we could consolidate in here so we don't have a thread for every FA another team cuts this off season.

Our defense sucked last year.  What we need is a stout middle.  Someone who can hold the middle and push 'em back.  He's a little long in the tooth, but big is big.  Let's bring Dave Butz back.  In the age of Duck Dynasty his duck carving self would be huge!

Oh, and let's trait our 5th rounder and 7th rounder for Dez Bryant.  The Cowboys are tight up against the salary cap and we could use a slot receiver.

Isn't that what this thread is for...../?

http://es.redskins.com/topic/373956-2014-free-agency-thread-op-updated-carrikersavothers-cut-orakpo-franchised-re-ups-gumbs-hall-alrob-dw-baker/

2014 Free Agency Thread (OP updated): *CARRIKER/SAV/Others CUT* *ORAKPO FRANCHISED* RE-UPS - Gumbs, Hall, AlRob, DW, Baker

No that's the factual thread of players we've re-signed. This thread is more of fans ideas based on newly available players

Mods if I missed a thread already like the one we had last off season, feel free to close this one.

I see several should we threads for individual players so I thought we could consolidate in here so we don't have a thread for every FA another team cuts this off season.

Example: Player X just got cut, should we? Vet min? Etc

While this is probably the same as the FA thread, it would still be a good idea, except anyone starting threads about the "of course nots ",isn't going to be looking to add their great thoughts to somewhere people overlook their great thoughts.

Things like "played x has been cut from 9 teams and has a suspension looming, he should be a bargin, why didn't anyone else get behind this". Then gets confused why the thread snobs don't take them serious and go on to create thread anyway.

Also, shouldn't this thread have the words "official ES " in it?

Bad news for everyone who wanted Talib.. he is going to demand top dollar, no less.  After tagging Rak, I don't think we're going to dump another chunk of the remaining cap space on Talib.  If we don't use our 2nd round pick on a CB (which I don't think we will) then I would like for us to work on getting some pass rushing DEs.  The ability to create pressure from the INSIDE (not concerned about our OLB situation) will make Hall/Amerson/Biggers/Wilson look better then they are.

Yes, this a good idea and I was almost going to start one, but I don't like starting threads. I always get banned (bunch of a-holes).

I was waiting for one of you guys.

The reasons are covered in these first posts.  :)

(while some subjects may be duplicated of course in each thread, it's not bad to have one somewhat tangential but separate option for the posters who hate the many-pages-long mega-threads and so just ignore them---at their loss).

I think Talib would be great, but I think we're only going to see 1 BIG signing on the defensive side. Could be wrong, but I'm thinking it's going to be for a safety or maybe someone on the front 7.

I'm hoping for TJ Ward but not holding my breath there.....   Im not confident in any safety play for next season.  I think ever since ST21 left us, our safety position has been cursed.  Atogwe went from bonified status to scrub in 1 year with us.  Its not the players, its the CURSE!

Also Devin Hester as PR/KR and as a WR. would fill multiple roles and provide a veteran presence.

Let's take a step back for a second.....  look at the big picture here.  Weren't we the team that was stupid enough to even kick to Hester this year?  He hadn't had a return for a TD because NO ONE WILL KICK TO HIM.  It's apparent to me he's not worth the money if the Bears didn't want him as a PR/KR and as a WR.  I'll admit it's worth a look if we can't get no one else to bite on a deal but man, this has risk written all over it.

Yes, this a good idea and I was almost going to start one, but I don't like starting threads. I always get banned (bunch of a-holes).

I was waiting for one of you guys.

The reasons are covered in these first posts.  :)

(while some subjects may be duplicated of course in each thread, it's not bad to have one somewhat tangential but separate option for the posters who hate the many-pages-long mega-threads and so just ignore them---at their loss).

Inevitably someone will still ignore this thread and start their own "look at me" should we thread, which is OK, as it thins the herd in a sort of suicide by thread starting way.

Why would we sign Talib? Expensive, fills no need. I'd like to never hear his name brought up again, unless its about our WRs lighting him up.

Agreed.  I think we should look at 2nd and 3rd tier CBs for depth only.  We have our starters.

Trade Cousins, bring in Vick to back up RG on the cheap.

I'm all for trading Cousins for the right price, but in no way in hell do I want to see Vick in a Redskins uniform.  There are plenty of other veteran backups (Josh Johnson) that would be younger and cheaper.

Also Devin Hester as PR/KR and as a WR. would fill multiple roles and provide a veteran presence.

I'd rather roll with a younger player.  I'd actually love to sign Ted Ginn, Jr., but I think Carolina keeps him. 

Inevitably someone will still ignore this thread and start their own "look at me" should we thread, which is OK, as it thins the herd in a sort of suicide by thread starting way.

Agreed. I think we should look at 2nd and 3rd tier CBs for depth only. We have our starters.

I'm all for trading Cousins for the right price, but in no way in hell do I want to see Vick in a Redskins uniform. There are plenty of other veteran backups (Josh Johnson) that would be younger and cheaper.

I'd rather roll with a younger player. I'd actually love to sign Ted Ginn, Jr., but I think Carolina keeps him.

Ginn and Johnson, imo, would be so much better than Vick and idk, say DeShawn. Back up players are back ups. Same goes for CB. these are the cheap signings were looking for. That frees up money for say, Byrd, Rak and Joseph.

You're a super smart poster though.

Archived