Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official Auxiliary Spillover "hey, but what about this guy" FA thread (M.E.T.)

DeadExField

Koolblue. What evidence makes you believe we have two starters at cb. Looking at tape we may have one if hall plays contract year well again.

I'm not saying get champ but the idea that our players are unquestionably better than other teams when we won 3 games and they lost three games is nuts. Champ would easily be the number two for us but he should be a nickel or try fs at this point.

Only way you evaluate out two starters is basically projecting a hockey stick level of growth for Amerson and Hall learning how to tackle.

Champ has slowed and getting beat for TD when I watched Denver.

We have to keep in mind that we will have, what amounts to, an extra pick in(Philip Thomas) I'm not going to put much stock into, but who knows? Maybe he can be of some help to us this year.

If he's talented enough, he should be able to step in and help right away. I know it would be a HUGE boost to our secondary to have him work out.

The kool aide is strong here. Our cbs got beat like a drum our pass defense was amongst the worst ever.

Btw I don't want champ or any retreads but suggesting defensive secondary wasn't bad and didn't contribute to our losses is not grounded in empirical evidence. I'll post a video of every blown hall tackle. He is not a bad hawk. He is a poor tackler. Pretty much the opposite of Carlos.

Suggesting we don't need to upgrade the secondary or cbs is like saying we didn't need a new DC.

Steve Smith has always been one of my favorite non-Redskins. Pound for pound one of the toughest players ever, if you were his teamate and he didn't think you were working hard enough he would punch you in the mouth. If it were 5 years ago I would love to have him but now at his age I hope he catches on with New England or Denver and try to get a ring this year.

Owen Daniels released by the Texans. He is 31, but I'm not convinced Reed can stay healthy, and even if he does, a 2 TE package might be nice.

Logan Paulsen is good enough. Dude is a pretty reliable pass catcher and great blocker. Exactly what you want from a #2 TE. Obviously the Hernandez + Gronkowski thing would be great, but that's not a a realistic goal. And not really necessary with an offense as versatile as the Redskins

Bad news for everyone who wanted Talib.. he is going to demand top dollar, no less.  After tagging Rak, I don't think we're going to dump another chunk of the remaining cap space on Talib.  If we don't use our 2nd round pick on a CB (which I don't think we will) then I would like for us to work on getting some pass rushing DEs.  The ability to create pressure from the INSIDE (not concerned about our OLB situation) will make Hall/Amerson/Biggers/Wilson look better then they are.

Since we signed Tracy Porter and hopefully Ryan Clark the secondary is already better than last year. My feeling is that with our #34 pick we absolutely should draft a RT. No sense in having a ridiculously talented QB like RBIII if you cannot protect him. Tyler Polumbus actually did have his best year last season. He does lack in the running game though. With a draft class stocked with top tiered talent at the OT position not taking one with our top draft choice to me is folly. The last time we picked a lineman with our first pick it was Trent Williams, perhaps the best OT in the game today. Why wouldn't we take this opportunity to add a player like Cyrus Kouandjio, if he is not there draft best TE which for us that TE is Troy Niklas-Notre Dame @ 34 with the departure of Fred Davis he would be another great receiving threat as well as a great blocker.

With our second pick if still there I would absolutely pick JuWuan James OT-Tennessee, already an established RT with great quickness off the ball and able to reach the second level on running plays, he is fast and aggressive. Rarely gets beat and is the best fit as a bookend to Trent Williams. This is our guy and he should definitely be there when the pick gets to us.

With our 4th rd pick I would go for ILB Syane Skov - Stanford he has ideal build for ILB position and possesses great ability to shed blockers and great pass rush ability, excellent closing speed, sure and strong tackler. Best suited in 3-4 defense. If he is not there when we pick, if Lamin Barrow LSU is there I take him, if not must take Brandon Coleman WR - Rutgers he's got the size and hands to round out a dangerous WR corp.

My feeling is we round out our final picks in this order......5th rnd OG, 6th rnd P preferably Pat O'Donnell - Miami great speed, good tackler on ST's and excellent KO abilities which with our terrible ST's play he would fit in so many ways it's stupid not to get him here. 7th rnd CB

With the 8 players we have already picked up in FA we have filled a lot of holes with competent and economical players. Not convinced Shawn Lauvao is the answer at OG, hope I am proved wrong, or Adam Gettis, Maurice Hurt and LeReibus can do the job.

The only position not addressed in FA is FS, if Skins can land Ryan Clark we will have that hole filled maybe for only 1-2 years but our young guys should develop by then.

I know that a lot of guys on this forum were wanting FO to go for the big name marquee players, but to my way of thinking the FO has done a great job and they aren't done yet I don't think.

Archived