Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Late Night Talk

88Comrade2000

Apparently it was not a ratings darling... but those who watched Ferguson tend(ed) to do so rabidly.

I could see him moving to Comedy Central and opening up the show a bit.  Quite possibly expanding his viewership too.

• 1 month later...

We DVR The Tonight Show in case we can't stay up and watch it.   This is the first time I've really enjoyed the Tonight Show since Johnny Carson.  Fallon hasn't had a bad night yet.  

Bravo to Jimmy Fallon and his team behind the scenes because they have done one hell of a job so far. 

I've gotta agree with Longshot above, I find the standard format boring.  There is the occasional good bit or good guest, but there are not enough to make it worthwhile for me to sit through a whole show.

• 9 months later...

I watched most of Corden last night. I enjoyed it. The interview format is a little different, but the skits he did were pretty funny, IMO. He is an interesting balance between quirky and polished. There were some rough edges, but that is to be expected on the first show. I will continue watching to see how it evolves. But I am definitely intrigued right now. I also had no idea Reggie Watts was the band leader...that could be a lot of fun. 

• 1 month later...

I changed my avi a while back because of his retirement. Besides being on Carson, I think I first saw him outside of that show one day when home from grade school sick. He was hilarious. I don't remember if it was his morning show, or if he was on some other show. I lost countless hours of sleep staying up watching Letterman as a kid when he came on at 12:30. He has been coasting a while, but still has some good nights and moments. It's old hat now, but the show was really original and trendsetting  Sometimes awkward or weird, but often hilarious. This is a good article from Rolling Stone from a few years back. 

http://www.rollingstone.com/culture/news/david-letterman-year-one-20110929

Sad to see Dave go, but I suppose it's time. I grew up, and grew old-ish watching him. His influence permeates comedy and beyond. I remember what a big deal it was for people when Johnny Carson stopped. I thought it was way past the time for him. That show bored me endlessly, and for some reason Ed McMahon got on my nerves really bad. It was a battle between my will and sleep every night to make it past The Tonight Show for Letterman. I imagine a lot of younger people think the same kind of things about Letterman now.  I am really interested to see what Colbert does.

I was the classic "sneaking downstairs to watch Dave kid." My sense of humor is probably 80 percent his creation. I really haven't watched any late night in years, but I did enjoy what I saw of "I'm way too old for this BS" Dave in recent years.

Fallon is talented, but I will miss a host who occasionally openly despises his guests.

That was good ending for Dave.  I am glad, CBS let him run over the scheduled time.  I don't NBC did that with Johnny or the 2 times Jay said goodbye.

It sucked that it did. I DVR'd it last night and randomly rolled over at about 12:40 and realized it was still on. My DVR had stopped recording it, so luckily I was able to catch the last 5-10 minutes.

• 3 months later...

Archived