Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2014 NL East Division Champs Washington Nationals(News, Notes, Scores, and Discussion)

just654

i hope we have some plan to make a run.  I don't think we have clutch hitting to make it to the World Series. This team will be good for a while but i want a title 

Crapshoot.

If 2012's playoff offense had showed up to the 2014 NLDS, we'd be going to a parade downtown.

The issue with this team's hitting remains. Despite the season stats, they are not good at situational hitting. There are times when they have that runner on second and no outs and can't get a run home. Too many guys going for a big hit or a big inning. With this team's pitching, they need to adopt a scratch one out mentality, particularly to start the game.

I mean, thankfully we got the Lerners.  I can't imagine what it would be like to be a fan of a small budget team in a league with no hard salary cap.  Constantly seeing your young stars emerge only to get traded away, hoping everything lines up perfectly with all of the young kids before the inevitable purge.  Hey, it worked twice for the Marlins, but the A's have never managed to get over the hump, and the Pirates only recently started spending money after two decades of futility.  The Royals just made the Series for the first time in what, 30 years?  That has to be painful.

I'll say this much, the owners in this city spend, whether it is smart or misguided.

I guess. But he just traded a 25 YO All-Star catcher. 

Norris is a disaster behind home plate. At best, he's a first baseman. More likely a DH.  And he struggled against RHP, so, in reality, he's a platoon bat. He maximized Norris. His first and second half splits were extremely telling.

Two players just traded for from the Padres directly into our top 10 prospects. 

Baseball America's @johnmanuelba says Trea Turner becomes #Nats' No. 2 prospect behind Lucas Giolito. Joe Ross becomes No. 6.

I'd have thought so myself, but then why a 4 year contract for a 31 year old Nick Markakis?

Had to bring in somebody for the fans. Gotta keep that stadium a quarter full.

So let's just put this out there ... a month ago we were talking about trading Jordan Zimmermann and trying to bring back a prospect to replace Ian Desmond after next year ...

And you're going to tell me that we just traded Steven Souza and got back that replacement AND a pitcher that becomes the #6 player in our farm system?

Do people realize the coupe that just occurred? We got Desmond's replacement, and a top pitching prospect FOR STEVEN SOUZA, A UTILITY OUTFIELDER.

So let's just put this out there ... a month ago we were talking about trading Jordan Zimmermann and trying to bring back a prospect to replace Ian Desmond after next year ...

And you're going to tell me that we just traded Steven Souza and got back that replacement AND a pitcher that becomes the #6 player in our farm system?

Do people realize the coupe that just occurred? We got Desmond's replacement, and a top pitching prospect FOR STEVEN SOUZA, A UTILITY OUTFIELDER.

I think Souza is more than a utility outfielder, but yes, the baseball world is talkign about how Rizzo got the best end of this.

Kemp isn't a part of the Nats trade

Correct. But one of the players that the Padres got during the Kemp trade was a part of the three way trade with the Nats. So if the Kemp trade doesn't go through, they will have to re-work this trade since one of the pieces is no longer with the Padres. Or even worse, scrap the deal all together.

Correct. But one of the players that the Padres got during the Kemp trade was a part of the three way trade with the Nats. So if the Kemp trade doesn't go through, they will have to re-work this trade since one of the pieces is no longer with the Padres. Or even worse, scrap the deal all together.

thankfully, the deal went through anyway.

Archived