Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2014 NL East Division Champs Washington Nationals(News, Notes, Scores, and Discussion)

just654

While he's great at 3rd. He's pretty damned good at second, and that bat at second gives the Nats a huge advantage. I just wish we had ponied up for Donaldson...

I think Rendon is overrated at third. If there was an alternative plan to get a third baseman, I'd be down. But there isn't. And the asking price for Donaldson was probably high.

• The Nationals recently offered the Mariners both Jordan Zimmermann and Ian Desmond in exchange for right-hander Taijuan Walker and shortstop Brad Miller, according to Rosenthal. However, the Mariners balked at giving up six years of Walker and five of Miller for just one year of Zimmermann and Desmond at a combined total of $27.5MM. Washington also discussed Zimmermann with the Red Sox.

Yea, I get why Seattle turned down the Nats.

If the Red Sox lose out on Scherzer and can't get a deal done for Hamels, Jordan Zimmermann could be a nice target. Problem is I don't think Rizzo will get what he's hoping for. Not unless the Sox are giving up on Xander. Maybe Marerro?

http://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2014/12/padres-rays-discussing-wil-myers-trade.html

Padres’ Talks For Wil Myers Intensifying; Nationals Involved

By Steve Adams [December 17, 2014 at 7:34am CST]   

DECEMBER 16, 7:33am: It appears that the Nationals have wedged themselves into the deal and would receive “one of the pieces” involved in the trade, Jeff Passan of Yahoo Sports tweets.

12:02am: A big deal is in the works between San Diego and Tampa, but it will not go through until the morning at the earliest, Jim Bowden of ESPN.com

Apparently, Rizzo working that Godfather magic. Could Ben Zobrist be involved?

Souza for a 1 year rental of Zobrist should indicate to everyone that they're loading up for this year. World Series or bust. Sign Scherzer and bump Roark to the pen. Win 110 games this year. Win championship. Then worry about what to do after that. 

(not really, Souza for Zobrist for 1 year would still be a good trade) 

Zobrist was just me speculating. Though I gotta think that the Padres are concerned with Kemp failing a physical (rumor), so Souza would make some sense.

If I'm bumping anyone to the pen for Scherzer, it's Gio. Roark was great all season. I think that's a quality piece we're going to want to keep around. Either that, or trade to reload in like four seasons. But Roark is a number 3 on a good team. I'm not willing to shove that in the pen just yet.

Zobrist was just me speculating. Though I gotta think that the Padres are concerned with Kemp failing a physical (rumor), so Souza would make some sense.

If I'm bumping anyone to the pen for Scherzer, it's Gio. Roark was great all season. I think that's a quality piece we're going to want to keep around. Either that, or trade to reload in like four seasons. But Roark is a number 3 on a good team. I'm not willing to shove that in the pen just yet.

And yet, when we went to a 4 man rotation in the playoffs, guess who was in the pen... 

And yet, when we went to a 4 man rotation in the playoffs, guess who was in the pen... 

Clearly, a mistake. If Gio can regain his former self, then maybe we can talk about it.

Joel Sherman ‏@Joelsherman1  2m2 minutes ago

If Myers deal goes thru to #Padres, #Rays will spin players to #Nationals to get Intl Lge MVP Steve Souza

Marc Topkin @TBTimes_Rays  ·  25m 25 minutes ago
Hearing #Rays are down to 2 scenarios on Myers trade, waiting to hear if #Nats are in or out.

Marc Topkin @TBTimes_Rays  ·  24m 24 minutes ago
Either way, #Rays said to give up Myers, Hanigan and 2 low minor-lgrs, and get back Rivera, B.Smith, Bauers from #Padres. Then

If #Nats are in, #Rays under these scenarios to get Souza and A-ball LHP. If #Nats out, #Rays said get J. Ross, Trea Turner from #Padres

Marc Topkin @TBTimes_Rays  ·  20m 20 minutes ago
Trea Turner was #Padres first-round pick so if he was in #Rays or #Nats deal he would have to be a PTNBL

Ken Rosenthal ‏@Ken_Rosenthal  4m4 minutes ago
Source: In three-team trade, SS Trea Turner would go from #Padres to #Nationals and become potential long-term replacement for Ian Desmond.

I would love Trea Turner.

Ken Rosenthal ‏@Ken_Rosenthal  2m2 minutes ago
Turner, Joe Ross to #Nationals. Myers, Hanigan, Jose Castillo to #Padres. Souza, Ott, Rivera, Smith, Bauers to #Rays (Souza, Ott from Nats).

Ken Rosenthal ‏@Ken_Rosenthal  1m1 minute ago
That is not the official deal, just an outline coming from a source. Competitive-balance picks also might be involved.

Turner and Ross sound good. Turner's got speed for days and makes a lot of contact with great defense. Ross Sits low 90s as a starter and has an above average slider. May end up in the bullpen.

Jim Bowden?@JimBowden_ESPN·
If Ken Rosenthal report on 3-way deal happens…Nats will be the biggest winner of the trade with Turner & Ross

Deal is done pending physical Nats getting Joe Ross and PTNL that will be Turner #Natitude

Nat will get Ross who has potential of being a #2 starter and eventually Turner who has 80 speed on scale of 80

Matthew PouliotVerified account

‏@matthewpouliot

Congrats to the Nationals, who somehow come out of the Myers deal with the 2 best prospects involved and gave up someone they didn't need.

why do teams still trade with Rizzo?

#InRizzoITrust

This trade would me quite happy

Archived