Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2014 NL East Division Champs Washington Nationals(News, Notes, Scores, and Discussion)

just654

Why not offer on Kang? One thing I kept thinking was that the DC area is quite diverse, and there are a lot of Korean transplants in the area ... could be a selling point to get more fans to the games, for not a lot of money. I'm sure other areas (SF) could claim similarly, but it just makes too much sense at a position of need. My guess is that he plays 2B?

Blue Jays Prioritizing Closer, Looking At Trade Market

By Steve Adams [December 23, 2014 at 11:33pm CST]   

With Josh Donaldson, Russell Martin and Michael Saunders all in the fold, the Blue Jays are now prioritizing the ninth inning and are seeking a closer via trade, Jon Heyman of CBS Sports tweets. The team will look at free agents if a trade scenario can’t be worked out, Heyman adds, although quality options are dwindling.

There’s no shortage of potentially available relievers with closing experience. Jonathan Papelbon, owed $13MM in 2015 with a 2016 vesting option at the same rate, is certainly available. Tyler Clippard‘s name has surfaced in trade rumors this offseason on a few occasions as well

Clippard and Desmond for Donaldson. Do it Rizzo

Wait a minute.

You'd trade a 22 & 23 year old for a soon to be 34 year old Ben Zobrist?

Why are you so hellbent on getting rid of Desmond? Who's going to replace Ian?

Desmond has one year left. He will not age well. I do not want to pay him 125+ million dollars for a 30% strikeout rate. He had a career year in 2012 and has regressed each year since. His defense is bad.

Desmond is a number 7 hitter on this team. You should be able to replace your number 7 hitter. Donaldson is under team control for years and is cost controlled. You play Espinosa at SS and you get more value than playing him at second base.

From MLBTradeRumors.com:

It comes as no surprise that the Nationals are excited by right-handed pitching prospect A.J. Cole, as an opposing scout tells MASNsports.com’s Pete Kerzel that Washington has been declining his team’s trade inquiries about Cole for almost two full years.  “They ain’t letting him go. They’re that high on him,” the scout said.  Kerzel examines how the Nats might handle Cole’s development in 2015, as he could be kept in Triple-A or perhaps used in the Show as an electric bullpen option.

Link: http://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2014/12/nl-east-notes-avilan-cole-mets.html

More here: http://www.masnsports.com/nationals-pastime/2014/12/is-cole-ready-to-contribute.html

Archived