Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

It's Time For Us as Fans to Make a Stand. This Sunday. Be There.

HeluCopter29

LMAO @ the 2:04 chicken leg reference. You lil' ******! Those were the days ha ha. 

Quick pop quiz without anyone researching. Gerry and the boys are one of only two groups to have their first three singles hit number 1 in UK chart history. (How do you do it/ I like it/ YNWA.). The other also coming from that City by the Mersey. But not the Beatles. 

They are ..... ?

Hail. 

I'll guess DC5.

Continuing to feed money to Dan Snyder just leads to a vicious circle of fans supporting the lovable losers like the Chicago Cubs.  The only way things change is if the fans hit him in the pocketbook.

Except that he's been basically not been involved since he hired Shanahan and Allen. Apparently Allen cut off player contact when he got there to begin with. And Keim has said he doesn't have an office in the building.

I'm pretty sure that Snyder is willing to do just about anything now to win. He thought that was to bring in a SB winning HC to run the entire operation, and then stay out of it. I think his 2 biggest sins of the last 4 years:

1. That he really wanted Shanahan, and was willing to give him complete control to get him. It was kindof a catch-22 for Snyder. The coach he wanted, and who would bring respect to the organization, wanted personnel control. And probably wouldn't come without it. Hindsight being 20-20, he should have gone a different direction with the coach/GM. But it was understandable that they needed somebody who was respected and strong coming off of the Vinny/Zorn catastrophe.

2. He REALLY needed to get involved this past summer and get Robert and Mike on the same page. Not take sides, but ultimately, they both work for him. And it was clear that they were having a bit of a tiff. And that's what a good owner does. They get everybody together and force them to work out their differences, in private. And then simply lays down the law that none of this stuff could come out in public. Period.

After the Chiefs game, we have a lot of work to do to call ourselves a "loyal fanbase"

Sunday could be a start. 

Was at the Chiefs game stayed until the 4th quarter the Weather was absolutely miserable  when CBS panned out at the beginning of the third quarter most fans were in the bathrooms trying to stay warm LOL.

Continuing to feed money to Dan Snyder just leads to a vicious circle of fans supporting the lovable losers like the Chicago Cubs.  The only way things change is if the fans hit him in the pocketbook.

I hate admitting that this is true. 

No more jersey, t-shirt, ballcap, or ticket purchases from me until this team makes the playoffs 2 years in a row. I'm tired of paying for a poor product. Oh- and before anyone starts calling me a poor fan, note that it took 20 years for me to reach this level of disgust.

Did you EXPECT RG3 to recover like Adrian Peterson?

If you did you are guilty of said arrogance...

No, I am not stupid. But to say the "arrogant" fan base is "just as much to blame" for this season makes no sense whatsoever. This team has sucked for 20 years, how can we possibly be considered arrogant? We as fans are not "to blame" for 3-11, not "to blame" for the circus this team  is/has once again become. We are paying customers, nothing more, nothing less. We have no control over the good times of the team, nor do we have control over the bad times of the team. Paying/local customers/fans is all we are. This season falls on the owner, management, coaches and players but certainly not on the loyal fans. We are the victims of this garbage and the not only are we not responsible for any of this crap, we are only ones who suffer. Owner? He still makes billions. Coaches? Millionaires. Players? Millionaires in most cases. At the end of the day, they are GETTING PAID for this and we are PAYING for this. No blame falls on us. Period.  Sure, it may be accurate to say that a fan was stupid to have crazy expectations, but to say we are "just as much to blame" is not even close to being accurate. I, as a fan, am ZERO to blame for anything that has happened this season. That's my point on this.

No, I am not stupid. But to say the "arrogant" fan base is "just as much to blame" for this season makes no sense whatsoever. This team has sucked for 20 years, how can we possibly be considered arrogant? We as fans are not "to blame" for 3-11, not "to blame" for the circus this team  is/has once again become. We are paying customers, nothing more, nothing less. We have no control over the good times of the team, nor do we have control over the bad times of the team. Paying/local customers/fans is all we are. This season falls on the owner, management, coaches and players but certainly not on the loyal fans. We are the victims of this garbage and the not only are we not responsible for any of this crap, we are only ones who suffer. Owner? He still makes billions. Coaches? Millionaires. Players? Millionaires in most cases. At the end of the day, they are GETTING PAID for this and we are PAYING for this. No blame falls on us. Period.  Sure, it may be accurate to say that a fan was stupid to have crazy expectations, but to say we are "just as much to blame" is not even close to being accurate. I, as a fan, am ZERO to blame for anything that has happened this season. That's my point on this.

It's actually pretty simple.  If you EXPECTED Griffin to step in at mid-season form from last year in week 1 of this season, your expectations were too high and unrealistic. 

Maybe you weren't thinking 3-13 bad (I certainly wasn't) but lowest denominator, if you expected a season where Griffin is fighting back from an injury are you at all upset right now (all things considered)?

Probably not as upset as those of us who thought we had at worst a 9 win football team.

GHH is the answer to your music question F.G.T.Hollywood?

P.S a Bolton fan myself

Ya' know Mark, for all the times I've been to Anfield South, AKA Wembley old and new, grins; my all time favourite was the Lge Cup Final against you lads in '95. Sunday tea time kick-off, baking hot day, and one of the friendliest Wembley atmospheres I can remember. Even the Saturday night we kept bumping into Wanderers fans just ecstatic to be in their first final in like forever. Real refreshing and a boss weekend all round.

Yes mate, Frankie it is. Kind of strange for Holly Johnson and the boys to share that accolade but they do. Relax, I think Two Tribes, and Power of Love are their first 3 singles to go straight in at #1.

Good job la.

Hail.

I think there are specific games you ignore the overall record or state of the franchise for.

I remember the 'Skins were a pretty dismal team in the middle of the Norv years when Darrel Green retired. If I lived locally, I wouldn't have missed that game for the world.  Also, the final game in RFK, not that I could have found a ticket anyway, but I would have tried.

This game, Fletcher's final game and a chance to eliminate Dallas from the playoffs for a 2nd consecutive season?

If I lived in the DC/VA/Maryland area, I'd be there.

I live in MA, and I am bringing my family down for the game.  I have to say, this game looked much more appealing in early September.  However, I would not miss a Redskins-Cowboys game that I have tickets for.  This has become our Superbowl......eliminate the Cowboys!  See you all there!

Ya' know Mark, for all the times I've been to Anfield South, AKA Wembley old and new, grins; my all time favourite was the Lge Cup Final against you lads in '95. Sunday tea time kick-off, baking hot day, and one of the friendliest Wembley atmospheres I can remember. Even the Saturday night we kept bumping into Wanderers fans just ecstatic to be in their first final in like forever. Real refreshing and a boss weekend all round.

Yes mate, Frankie it is. Kind of strange for Holly Johnson and the boys to share that accolade but they do. Relax, I think Two Tribes, and Power of Love are their first 3 singles to go straight in at #1.

Good job la.

Hail.

I was also at Wembley that day, will never forget both sets of fans singing walk on.

Good job la.

Hail.

Was also there for the 95 final, great day, will never forget both sets of fans singing walk on.

If you want to make an even bigger splash (stand), don't show up. Let the organization know, by your absence, that you are fed up with the chaotic nature of the FO and the lack of emotion, passion, heart, etc. of the coaches and players.

Our arrogance as a fanbase is just as much to blame for this season as anything.

Wait, are you really suggesting that the fans are part of the problem? lol.

If you want to make an even bigger splash (stand), don't show up. Let the organization know, by your absence, that you are fed up with the chaotic nature of the FO and the lack of emotion, passion, heart, etc. of the coaches and players.

The Chiefs game was the last chance of that and many did indeed stay away. 

But not Sunday man Not for Fletchers last home game. That supersedes it all. 

Hail. 

It's actually pretty simple.  If you EXPECTED Griffin to step in at mid-season form from last year in week 1 of this season, your expectations were too high and unrealistic. 

Maybe you weren't thinking 3-13 bad (I certainly wasn't) but lowest denominator, if you expected a season where Griffin is fighting back from an injury are you at all upset right now (all things considered)?

Probably not as upset as those of us who thought we had at worst a 9 win football team.

Yes, that part is simple. But to me, that is only a part of the issues this year. I was thinking in the 8-8 range, give or take a game or two either way. It's more than the record, though. It's the circus that our team has once again become. Press conferences where 90% of it is non-football related, parents in the locker room talk, horrible clock management, etc. Running a turbo offense and marching down the field, only to not do it the rest of the game. Horrendous special teams play, etc. Even if Griffin were at full strength, too many other things would have derailed this season anyway. So having said all this, I as a fan am not remotely responsible for this crap. Not only are we not responsible for it, we must pay to watch this crap every Sunday if we go to a home game. Tickets/parking for a family of 4 is over $500 per game, assuming we don't eat or drink there. lol. We had realistic expectations, such as still being in the think of things at Thanksgiving, for example. I think that's more than realistic but once again this team finds a way to sink to new lows. Nothing to do with the fan base, this is 100% on the owner, management, coaches and players is my only point.

I'm sorry but I have no idea how you go to the game tomorrow to "drown out Dallas fans".  Our stadium is a straight embarrassment.  Even being at the Eagles game MNF week 1 it's still a shame how many away team fans show up.  It's bad even when we are good, I can only imagine what tomorrow is going to be like.

I'm sorry but I have no idea how you go to the game tomorrow to "drown out Dallas fans".  Our stadium is a straight embarrassment.  Even being at the Eagles game MNF week 1 it's still a shame how many away team fans show up.  It's bad even when we are good, I can only imagine what tomorrow is going to be like.

We are in one of the most transient cities in the country and we have one of the largest stadiums in the NFL. That's just the way it is. If there are 20,000 opposing fans there and the rest of the fans are Redskins fans, that means that we still have just as many fans, if not more fans, of our team at our home games than the rest of the teams in the NFL. With this area and a huge stadium, that is not a negative reflection on us, it is just simple math. Having said that, if we lose tomorrow, that will definitely suck with all the Cowboys fans that will be there. If our team was decent and we won, that would sure be a big help.

We are in one of the most transient cities in the country and we have one of the largest stadiums in the NFL. That's just the way it is. If there are 20,000 opposing fans there and the rest of the fans are Redskins fans, that means that we still have just as many fans, if not more fans, of our team at our home games than the rest of the teams in the NFL. With this area and a huge stadium, that is not a negative reflection on us, it is just simple math. Having said that, if we lose tomorrow, that will definitely suck with all the Cowboys fans that will be there. If our team was decent and we won, that would sure be a big help.

It's a good excuse plus a pathetic excuse.

When you are one of the worst teams in the NFL for as long as we have been, you can't expect a great turnout in a transient city.  When teams get bad, the fans stop coming out, see Baltimore and the Colts.  Look at the Ravens attendance now.

It's a good excuse plus a pathetic excuse.

When you are one of the worst teams in the NFL for as long as we have been, you can't expect a great turnout in a transient city.  When teams get bad, the fans stop coming out, see Baltimore and the Colts.  Look at the Ravens attendance now.

The Caps have been a consistent playoff contender for about 7-8 years (1-2 of those they were an actual SCF threat) but VC still gets overrun by NYR, PHI,and Pitt fans

in 2012, Yankees fans took over Nats park. 

A lot of transplants everywhere. 

The Caps have been a consistent playoff contender for about 7-8 years (1-2 of those they were an actual SCF threat) but VC still gets overrun by NYR, PHI,and Pitt fans

in 2012, Yankees fans took over Nats park. 

A lot of transplants everywhere. 

Well in hockey a lot of teams make the playoffs, and in baseball the yankees payroll often doubles and triples other teams payrolls.  Again pathetic excuse.

Well in hockey a lot of teams make the playoffs, and in baseball the yankees payroll often doubles and triples other teams payrolls.  Again pathetic excuse.

dude.

The hell do any of those facts have do with DC being a transient town?

"A lot of teams make the playoffs"? Um...I guess you're saying that the Caps annually sneak in and aren't/weren't really a good team? Well, they've been a top four seed in the East (twice they were the top seed) every year except one. So again, no clue where you are going with that.

You really think that the DMV isn't home to a lot of ppl from Pitt, Jersey, and New York?

Literally have no idea what the baseball part was supposed to mean. I've been to Orioles games as a child and have seen that place overtaken by "regular" teams. In 2002, the Phillies had their fans own that place and that was before their payroll was anywhere close to high. I've heard that Pirates fans show up in droves at Nats games as well and they are dirt poor.

And it isn't limited to the Redskins, Steelers fans turn out in droves when they play the Ravens at M&T.

Florida-based teams are similar (to a point). A lot of ppl choose to work or retire down there. So a lot of different places are represented. One of my best friends is a Dolphins fan and he tells me how their stadium gets taken over by NYJ and NE fans.

Archived