Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

It's Time For Us as Fans to Make a Stand. This Sunday. Be There.

HeluCopter29

How can arrogance by fans be responsible for poor play on the field and mismanagement by the front office and coaching staff?

They don't.  But if you're expectations for the season were high with your QB coming off of his second major surgery, then you were probably more dissappointed than you'd be if you had more realistic expectations. 

Does that make sense?

Yes, that part is simple. But to me, that is only a part of the issues this year. I was thinking in the 8-8 range, give or take a game or two either way. It's more than the record, though. It's the circus that our team has once again become. Press conferences where 90% of it is non-football related, parents in the locker room talk, horrible clock management, etc. Running a turbo offense and marching down the field, only to not do it the rest of the game. Horrendous special teams play, etc. Even if Griffin were at full strength, too many other things would have derailed this season anyway. So having said all this, I as a fan am not remotely responsible for this crap. Not only are we not responsible for it, we must pay to watch this crap every Sunday if we go to a home game. Tickets/parking for a family of 4 is over $500 per game, assuming we don't eat or drink there. lol. We had realistic expectations, such as still being in the think of things at Thanksgiving, for example. I think that's more than realistic but once again this team finds a way to sink to new lows. Nothing to do with the fan base, this is 100% on the owner, management, coaches and players is my only point.

So you agree? ....

Everything else from what I said is an entirely separate issue.

They don't.  But if you're expectations for the season were high with your QB coming off of his second major surgery, then you were probably more dissappointed than you'd be if you had more realistic expectations. 

Does that make sense?

I thought we were a 12 win team that might be superbowl bound when this season started, but now that I look back, I must of been putting far too much rum in my koolaid.  ols

All things considered, we are about where we should be. Next season though, oh boy look out for us.  ols

I wish I was going to this game today and if there wasn't 1,600 miles of ocean between me and the stadium, I would have ben there and loud until the last drive.

HTTR!  It's cowboys week! That is all that matters today.

I thought we were a 12 win team that might be superbowl bound when this season started, but now that I look back, I must of been putting far too much rum in my koolaid.  ols

All things considered, we are about where we should be. Next season though, oh boy look out for us.  ols

I wish I was going to this game today and if there wasn't 1,600 miles of ocean between me and the stadium, I would have ben there and loud until the last drive.

HTTR!  It's cowboys week! That is all that matters today.

Yeah I said our window was open this year but I thought that next year was going to be the year that started serious contention.

Depending on the coaching staff moves, that still remains a possibility.  We aren't as bad as we've shown and we aren't that many pieces away from being legit.  I still believe that in my heart and in my head.

Yeah I said our window was open this year but I thought that next year was going to be the year that started serious contention.

Depending on the coaching staff moves, that still remains a possibility.  We aren't as bad as we've shown and we aren't that many pieces away from being legit.  I still believe that in my heart and in my head.

When this entire fiasco got started a few years back, I was basically in the camp of us being pretty bad until next season, then a perennial contender every year. I think the run to end last season was pretty miraculous. I think so even more now that I look back on it. I've certainly learned a lot this year, like just because you can have the same 5 lineman play together for a long time, doesn't mean they'll improve. lol. Whoops on that one.

My guess, some very minor coaching changes and a very aggressive FA period and next year we are a much better team and a legit contender.

Does that make sense?

I understand what you're saying.

However, I still believe maybe around 65% of us had expectations of a season somewhere around 8-8, at least.

I understand what you're saying.

However, I still believe maybe around 65% of us had expectations of a season somewhere around 8-8, at least.

I will raise you one and say that 65% of the fanbase (me included) expected 10-6.

I think this was a learning experience for us and RG3.

We'll be back.

I will raise you one and say that 65% of the fanbase (me included) expected 10-6.

I think this was a learning experience for us and RG3.

We'll be back.

I have to agree.

This offseason needs to be centered around Robert getting back to the mechanics and fluid movement he had in 2012. That season seems like a dream in hindsight.

Somebody in charge of our PR needs to establish a new policy with the media. We need to get out of the spotlight and get to the basics.

65 percent is conservative :)

Similar to what I just mentioned to HeluCopter29, we were conditioned to feel that way after the team went on that run last year. Knowing how hard of a worker Robert is, having a new coach on special teams, and assuming our rookies on defense would fill our holes, we did simple math and considered ourselves contenders.

Unfortunately that logic never is applicable with this club.

Archived