Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

What are the best Christmas movies?

Springfield

Lord of the Rings trilogy- not Christmas themed, but they opened in theaters during christmas and they became inseparable to me.

Santa Clause Conquers the Martians or Santa Clause Mystery Science Theater style- tradition amongst the guys in our family to watch on Christmas. In fact about to watch the latter in about 5 minutes :)

My list is just on what resonates with me and puts me into the Christmas spirit. I acknowledge that many or all of these movies might be crappy or, in one particular case, very girly:

A Christmas Story - the images of Midwest Americana during that time period are awesome

Christmas Vacation - everything is pretty funny and I love how hard Sparky tries

A Christmas Carol (George C. Scott) - I've always been captivated by this movie, even when I was younger

Home Alone - oddly, the late-80s house and decorations is what I enjoy...not sure why but that's when I was growing up

Love Actually - I think it's the way they slowly count down to Christmas and capture the spirit...I love it

Rocky IV - Cold War + Holiday Robot + Boxing = Merry Christmas

Since when wasn't 'It's a Wonderful Life' a Christmas film?

It was released at Christmas. It's got the season/ day running ALL through it.

What in the World makes anyone think it's NOT a Christmas movie?

Hail.

well, yeah. that, and "MERRY CHRISTMAS you old building an loan". and also "MERRY CHRISTMAS clarrence". if it has "merry christmas" spoken in it, its pretty much a christmas movie.

also, my dad, brother, uncle and grandpa watch "its a wonderful life" EVERY christmas eve around 11 pm after our christmas eve guests leave, while wrapping presents. meanwhile, my mom, sister and aunt sit in my parents bed upstairs watching "love actually" (which i tell them sucks actually) while wrapping presents. monday night we even watched Home Alone :) ah yes, i do love christmas :)

It's a Wonderful Life.

Everyone else playing for second place

Since when wasn't 'It's a Wonderful Life' a Christmas film?

It was released at Christmas. It's got the season/ day running ALL through it.

What in the World makes anyone think it's NOT a Christmas movie?

Hail.

I knew there HAD to be a redeeming quality! It absolutely is a Christmas movie. And absolutely is the best.

Archived