Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Is this the last time we see RG3 in a redskins uniform

Mickeydejuan2013

Im a huge RG3 fan but we know shanahan didnt want to draft him and the way its looking he is lobbying for kirk to be a starter if if that happens whats the point in keep rg3 just my thought

Do we KNOW this or is this what you've heard regurgitated ad nauseam of late? I don't think he's lobbying for Kirk to be the starter..but that's just my opinion and we all know what they say about opinions and what they're like..He benched(for lack of a better term) RG3 for the remainder of the season to protect our investment for next season, b/c believe me if he was left in and suffered another devastating injury this board would attempt harikari..then every thread would be POLL Do you think Shanahan should've left RG in for these meaningless games? check yes or no...plus I think he's trying to up Kirk's trade value(I think we should keep him tho..)..these are my sole opinions & do not necessarily reflect the opinions of management/ownership/this message board members.. :)

So to answer your question...no

Do we KNOW this or is this what you've heard regurgitated ad nauseam of late? I don't think he's lobbying for Kirk to be the starter..but that's just my opinion and we all know what they say about opinions and what they're like..He benched(for lack of a better term) RG3 for the remainder of the season to protect our investment for next season, b/c believe me if he was left in and suffered another devastating injury this board would attempt harikari..then every thread would be POLL Do you think Shanahan should've left RG in for these meaningless games? check yes or no...plus I think he's trying to up Kirk's trade value(I think we should keep him tho..)..these are my sole opinions & do not necessarily reflect the opinions of management/ownership/this message board members.. :)

So to answer your question...no

Great opinion. I hope your right in trying to up Kirk's trade value 

Lets make a bet? Shanny will be back and RG3 will become RG3 again... Kirk gets traded for a 1st and we draft a RT and C With our 1st and 2nd round. Then we sign another WR in the FA to go along PG. Next season will be nuts. I have a feeling our defense will be ran by Rex Ryan :D

i wouldn't be against rex running our defense 

On if there could be a legitimate competition between Cousins and Griffin III:

“Robert is clearly our starting quarterback, but I’m going to still emphasize this: The better players you have, the more competition you have, you get better as a football team. I’ve always felt that way. If players know that you will always play the best player regardless of signing bonus, regardless of draft choices, that you are going to look at them as who performs, then I think as a head football coach, then you’ve got respect by your team. If you’re going to play somebody just because you drafted him in the first round or the sixth round or the seventh round and you’re going to keep him there just because you drafted him or you sign a guy with a big signing bonus, you lose respect by your football team. The teams I’ve been on, the great ones, have always had that type of competition regardless of what their position was or the money they made or where they were drafted.”

http://es.redskins.com/topic/375291-press-release-shanny-quotes/

All this will be fine and dandy if Shanahan is indeed allowed to return, but if I were a 

betting man I would say there is about a 25 percent chance he does return.

And if he does, I will lose any and all the respect I have for Dan Snyder.

On if there could be a legitimate competition between Cousins and Griffin III:

“Robert is clearly our starting quarterback, but I’m going to still emphasize this: The better players you have, the more competition you have, you get better as a football team. I’ve always felt that way. If players know that you will always play the best player regardless of signing bonus, regardless of draft choices, that you are going to look at them as who performs, then I think as a head football coach, then you’ve got respect by your team. If you’re going to play somebody just because you drafted him in the first round or the sixth round or the seventh round and you’re going to keep him there just because you drafted him or you sign a guy with a big signing bonus, you lose respect by your football team. The teams I’ve been on, the great ones, have always had that type of competition regardless of what their position was or the money they made or where they were drafted.”

http://es.redskins.com/topic/375291-press-release-shanny-quotes/

All this will be fine and dandy if Shanahan is indeed allowed to return, but if I were a 

betting man I would say there is about a 25 percent chance he does return.

And if he does, I will lose any and all the respect I have for Dan Snyder.

This article proves my point great post

Watching RG3 play this season I have to wonder why he is our "Franchise Quarterback"?  Sorry but dude is a lousy passer.  He just is.  He has the field vision of Jason Campbell.  And I'm not buying the bad knee so he can't throw line.  Peyton Manning was walking around with a busted ankle and throwing strikes all day long.

I do not believe that RG3 has the football intelligence to be elite at this level.  In 2012 he hid behind his athleticism.  This year with his athleticism limited due to the knee, his lack of other skills has been exposed.

So why is RG3 our Franchise QB?  Just because we payed dearly to get him?  Until RG3 shows me he can be even a reasonably accurate passer he won't be Franchise anything to me.  Yep, not a fan of RG3, and why should I be?  What has he done this season to win my loyalty?  If his knee was so bad it was hurting his play he should have benched himself.  Let's not use that as an excuse now.

Im a huge RG3 fan but we know shanahan didnt want to draft him and the way its looking he is lobbying for kirk to be a starter if if that happens whats the point in keep rg3 just my thought

what she said above, but you didnt answer.

where did you get this? its baloney, anyhow. shanahan has total control.

to think hes going to allow a team he has total control over to be comprimised by (presumably) an owner who wants some specific player who happens to play the position that is the most important cog in the wheel- and the position where the guy in control has supposedly made his name- and then have to give up a TON of draft pick to do so- 

-is LUDICROUS.

Watching RG3 play this season I have to wonder why he is our "Franchise Quarterback"? Sorry but dude is a lousy passer. He just is. He has the field vision of Jason Campbell. And I'm not buying the bad knee so he can't throw line. Peyton Manning was walking around with a busted ankle and throwing strikes all day long.

I do not believe that RG3 has the football intelligence to be elite at this level. In 2012 he hid behind his athleticism. This year with his athleticism limited due to the knee, his lack of other skills has been exposed.

So why is RG3 our Franchise QB? Just because we payed dearly to get him? Until RG3 shows me he can be even a reasonably accurate passer he won't be Franchise anything to me. Yep, not a fan of RG3, and why should I be? What has he done this season to win my loyalty? If his knee was so bad it was hurting his play he should have benched himself. Let's not use that as an excuse now.

I think you are underestimating the value of a full offseason of work. The offseason is key in getting through progressions faster and working on mechanics (his mechanics are clearly off). I think getting reps and cleaning up his footwork will go a long way this offseason.

I won't even address your comment regarding his football intelligence because that is just flat our ignorance.

what she said above, but you didnt answer.

where did you get this? its baloney, anyhow. shanahan has total control.

to think hes going to allow a team he has total control over to be comprimised by (presumably) an owner who wants some specific player who happens to play the position that is the most important cog in the wheel- and the position where the guy in control has supposedly made his name- and then have to give up a TON of draft pick to do so- 

-is LUDICROUS.

Now this is not facts out of shannys mouth but plenty of people are saying the same thing

http://profootballzone.com/nfl/report-mike-shanahan-wanted-ryan-tannehill-rg3/

He can't "LeBron us" until after the 2015-2016 season (and that's assuming we decide not to exercise the 5th year option after the end of next season).  And what would be his motivation for doing that?  He's a huge fish in a bright spotlight, he's still loved by the fans here, and leaving would look like disloyalty.  It doesn't fit with anything we know (or think we know) about his psychology.

You guys are crazy.  The only way RG3 goes anywhere is if Cousins wins the job next offseason and we CHOOSE to trade Griff.  In other words, it's not happening.

Maybe RGIII wants to team back up with Josh Gordon, Kendall Wright and Terrance Williams somewhere.  You know, put the band back together.

But on a serious note I don't think the OP's theory is far off.  No saying they would give RGIII away for nothing, but if another team offers up some high picks, and Snyder trusts Shanny, then who knows.  Shanahan's shown in the past he can turn on a QB really quick. 

Watching RG3 play this season I have to wonder why he is our "Franchise Quarterback"?  Sorry but dude is a lousy passer.  He just is.  He has the field vision of Jason Campbell.  And I'm not buying the bad knee so he can't throw line.  Peyton Manning was walking around with a busted ankle and throwing strikes all day long.

I do not believe that RG3 has the football intelligence to be elite at this level.  In 2012 he hid behind his athleticism.  This year with his athleticism limited due to the knee, his lack of other skills has been exposed.

So why is RG3 our Franchise QB?  Just because we payed dearly to get him?  Until RG3 shows me he can be even a reasonably accurate passer he won't be Franchise anything to me.  Yep, not a fan of RG3, and why should I be?  What has he done this season to win my loyalty?  If his knee was so bad it was hurting his play he should have benched himself.  Let's not use that as an excuse now.

Did you watch RGIII play at all last year?  Must not have.  He's a good passer, but had no off season to get better at being a traditional type QB.  Slow your roll a bit.  If RGIII struggles next year like this year then your post will have some significance. Right now you just sound like a disgruntled fan with no knowledge of the game.

Am I the only one that thinks the OP's Bday being Aprils Fools Day is trying to tell us something??

Am I the only one that thinks the OP's Bday being Aprils Fools Day is trying to tell us something??

lls you people are jokes i had much respect for this message board but now im starting to see you people are a bunch of jack asses who try to bash people for opinions..and i swear i know none of you would ever come out the mouth like this in my face lls ****

Colt brennan is and will always be a bum. I thought this was a message board to discuss your opinions not bash people for them 

It's a great board to do a lot of reading. You'll learn a lot.

lls you people are jokes i had much respect for this message board but now im starting to see you people are a bunch of jack asses who try to bash people for opinions..and i swear i know none of you would ever come out the mouth like this in my face lls ****

YOU PEOPLE? Why the nerve! Who exactly are "you people"?

Archived