Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Thoughts on Jordan Reed's Condition?

DS_SUCKS

Now Reed is a case where I would buy and support sitting him for the season, because he gets nicked up and is dealing with a concussion.  Any time you miss multiple weeks with a concussion, you got real problems.  In his case, I wouldn't mess with it. You lose the ability for Cousins to show his wares with one of team's top weapons, but hey, that's how the ball bounces sometimes. 

yeah true, Reed is a beast on the field but fine china and porcelain when it comes to injury. Fred Davis is gone and Paulsen is solid but unspectacular.

The Skins had better do themselves a favor and get a very good TE in the offseason.

Which adds to this team's woes.  Yet another position you thought you were set at, that you really can't be confident in going into next season.  As the old adage goes, a big part of ability is availability.

I love Reed, but he is one of the biggest pussies I've ever seen make it to the NFL. He was always getting up slow & taking himself out of the game after getting hit. I actually remember Cooley warning people of it on his show but I didn't pay it any mind until I saw him do it time after time.

You should tell him that. 

I love Reed, but he is one of the biggest pussies I've ever seen make it to the NFL. He was always getting up slow & taking himself out of the game after getting hit. I actually remember Cooley warning people of it on his show but I didn't pay it any mind until I saw him do it time after time.

I disagree.

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=rQ4y-78vTkA

The guy has a disregard for his body and tries to make every catch regardless of the price he pays. I think his body needs to adjust to the NFL game. I think he will be fine long term.

I think we do need to look for another TE in the offseason because this is becoming a two tight end league. Fred Davis is a waste I roster spot an can't wait to see him gone. I think Fred has dropped more balls than he's caught this year.

This troll. I'd like to see you go out there and get a headshot from a blitzing 250 pound sack of muscle, and see how fast you get up. Concussions are not a joke.

Get well, Reed. Should just shut him down for the year.

I got the impression that he's being treated like fine china because we're terrible and these final games don't matter. Wasn't he shut down for the year a week ago?

EDIT: I see that I was incorrect. Get well soon, Jordan. Make Cousins look good.

I don't know about soft, are his only issues concussion based or did he have chronic knee/ankle/other body part issues in college? I think I'd rather have a guy who's concussion prone than knee injury prone, but no doubt I have a bad feeling Reed could be like the Redskins version of Bradley Beal of the Wizards or Mike Green of the Caps, talented as hell but always has that "if healthy" tag.

I don't know about soft, are his only issues concussion based or did he have chronic knee/ankle/other body part issues in college? I think I'd rather have a guy who's concussion prone than knee injury prone, but no doubt I have a bad feeling Reed could be like the Redskins version of Bradley Beal of the Wizards or Mike Green of the Caps, talented as hell but always has that "if healthy" tag.

He seemingly leaves every game for a spell because he got hit too hard for his liking.

Jordan Reed.. Soft?  Perish the thought.  Look I get that people are upset he hasn't been able to play, but in the head injury conscious world our league now is, this is reality.   We as fans need to be less harsh, and understand this may happen.   Btw, I wonder if some of these headaches might not be related to the original injury. By that I mean, There are other things that can cause them, sinus troubles, colds, loud sounds.   The problem is because he had a head injury, even if that is the case, you still can't take the risk.

It sucks for Reed, cause I think he's been balling, but Sitting him if hes not well is the right move.

Jordan Reed.. Soft?  Perish the thought.  Look I get that people are upset he hasn't been able to play, but in the head injury conscious world our league now is, this is reality.   We as fans need to be less harsh, and understand this may happen.   Btw, I wonder if some of these headaches might not be related to the original injury. By that I mean, There are other things that can cause them, sinus troubles, colds, loud sounds.   The problem is because he had a head injury, even if that is the case, you still can't take the risk.

It sucks for Reed, cause I think he's been balling, but Sitting him if hes not well is the right move.

You must not pay attention, he leaves most games with a temporary injury, he was injured when we drafted him.  Leaving games for long periods is what makes him soft, not a concussion.

Wow, the haters are out in full force.

Haters? I think we're just voicing legit concerns based on facts. He's had injury issues, he's been taken out of games for periods of time after suffering what some could say were questionable hits sometimes. I'm not hating on Jordan, I love the kid, I have no problem with us shutting him down. Each concussion is different.

Personally the only thing I'm upset about pertaining to JR is the fact that we shut down Sleepy, Reed became a great weapon for Bob and Bob has shown that he targets his TE's a lot. Behind sleepy Paulsen is a great blocker not a pass catcher, and Niles Paul is a special teamer. Quality TE's don't fall of trees, and we had 2-3 of them. I hated the fact that we wanted to get rid of Davis with JR proving he's not super durable yet. An offseason of weight training and bulking up can fix that, but it doesn't hurt to have a backup plan.

Jordan Reed = Nene.

Dude soft.   Always hurt.

London plays 16 years ain't missing a game.  

Can't tell me London doesn't play hurt. 

Month from concussion.  Never heard that. 

Couple weeks.  Yes.   

Concussions can end careers dude.

Now a lot of his other injuries are ehh but the concussion is serious. 

Jordan Reed = Nene.

Dude soft. Always hurt.

London plays 16 years ain't missing a game.

Can't tell me London doesn't play hurt.

Month from concussion. Never heard that.

Couple weeks. Yes.

Not sure if you are a baseball fan but Brian Roberts missed almost an entire season with a concussion. They are serious.

I think whoever the new coach is has to seriously think about using a two TE set as a base formation and get a guy who's more athletic than Paulsen but can still block to be the TE on the line and use Reed as more of the H-Back/Joker style of player like the Patriots did before with Gronkowski and Hernandez. I don't think Reed will hold up playing the classic TE position.  

I disagree.

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=rQ4y-78vTkA

The guy has a disregard for his body and tries to make every catch regardless of the price he pays. I think his body needs to adjust to the NFL game. I think he will be fine long term.

I think we do need to look for another TE in the offseason because this is becoming a two tight end league. Fred Davis is a waste I roster spot an can't wait to see him gone. I think Fred has dropped more balls than he's caught this year.

Fred hasn't had any opportunities until yesterday. He caught a TD pass. I hope we keep him.

Fred hasn't had any opportunities until yesterday. He caught a TD pass. I hope we keep him.

He dropped two important catches in the giants game. He's either late to, doesn't go to, or sleeps in meetings. Not the type of guy I want on my team. Especially considering his past. I think we could get a better team player and talent in the draft.

Archived