Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Paul Walker dead at age 40? (CONFIRMED)

Toe Jam

Always tragic to hear of someone going so young.  Even moreso with kids.  By all accounts a good dude.  RIP

I thought this was a good read, so sharing it here despite no such comments in this thread (though I have certainly seen them around).

http://debiehive.blogspot.com/2013/12/paul-walker-irony-and-insensitivity-of.html?showComment=1385972077997

Once people seemed to digest the fact that it was a real news report, the irony jokes started.

The internet can really force you to hate humanity sometimes, and this was one of them.

Never mind that the characters he played in movies were just that - characters. He wasn't a professional car driver. He was an actor.

Never mind that he was actually a good guy, who did good work, who gave time and money to worthy causes, who was at a charity event that he organized to raise money for typhoon relief when the accident happened.

Never mind that he left behind a daughter, and even if he had to accept a microscope looking at every detail of his life, his child didn't ask for that.

People forget that celebrities are real people. They hide behind their keyboards and spew insensitive remarks and generate memes.

more at the link

From everything I've read he seemed like a very good person. I couldn't tell you anything he did outside of Fast and The Furious (although I was informed he was in She's All That and Pleasantville) so I had no idea that he was this popular. Though I guess the FF franchise is huge internationally.

Sad that he had to die like that. Life is fragile.

From everything I've read he seemed like a very good person. I couldn't tell you anything he did outside of Fast and The Furious (although I was informed he was in She's All That and Pleasantville) so I had no idea that he was this popular. Though I guess the FF franchise is huge internationally.

Sad that he had to die like that. Life is fragile.

He was the main character in Skulls which is about secret societies.

Not a great movie, but pretty good.

Sad to hear about this story, from everything I've heard he was known in the industry as a super nice guy.  Unfortunate that he left a 15-year old daughter behind due to a stupid, senseless tragedy.

These guys were probably 50 feet from the flaming vehicle. You can hear a woman on the phone with 911.

Yeah, totally brilliant on their part.  Let's get out and get a close up film of a burning vehicle that can continue to explode and shoot metal fragments everywhere.  Good Lord.  I've also read police are having to crack down on idiot fans who are doing doughnuts and peeling out in front of the crash site as a "tribute" to the actor.  Facepalm.

my first thought about that video is - cameraman (and nobody else) is helping. but- i dont want to pretend that in retrospect, we would act the same way. i dont know what it was like to be there, but its odd seeing that and nobody helping. still, its probable that the car was so engulfed in flames that there is nothing anyone could have done. it certainly looks bad. 

second, at the 50 second mark, is that a person in the flames? really hope it isnt. 

Studio put up a nice 2 min Tribute trailer.

I remember meeting him in Wilmington NC on the Set of Dawsons Creek several times. He was good friends with James and Josh Jackson at the time.

Also for one of his best films check out "Eight Below" great Disney flick.

Flat out nice guy.

Archived