Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

ES Coverage & Interactive Game Day Thread - Redskins Verses 49ers - Final

JimmiJo

Offense

The Skins have a quick smallish Oline ideal for the zone read.

They are trying to transition a zone read QB to run a drop-back offense.

They have no cap space, so they keep the smallish Oline.

The smallish Oline is not equipt to be a drop-back offense especially against a big Dline like the 9ers

This is like putting a square peg in a round hole, it ain't gonna work.

If your Oline is getting blown up everydown, your talented skill players are going nowhere!!!

Defense

Slow Linebackers (see Ahmad Brooks for comparison)

Undermanned (Lack of Talent) In Secondary

Haslett and Burns have gotta go.

Keep Shanahan.

Alright I'm at the point now where we sit griffin to preserve his health for next year and try to showcase cousins although I'm sure he'd get just as killed out there and probably lose value. Looks like T Williams is mailing it in.

Williams is playing fine, this is a dominant front 7. Even that play where Gruden called out Trent, he rode Smith all the way around the back of the pocket for about 4 seconds before the interior OL collapsed and pushed Griffin towards Smith.

John Gruden dropping some serious truths about RGIII

His future is tenuous at best. He cannot sustain what he did last year, and he cannot play a traditional QB position

And here is the concerning thing, I think he is getting worse as a pocket passer, not better week to week

That might be true, but I have a question .

Is this at least partly shannys fault, as he scouted and vouched for and bet our future on griff ?

This would be 0 for 2 on high priced qbs (not counting rex of course)

Are there no plays we can call to take advantage of his strengths ? Or did they blow that load last year?

Sorry but when you score 6 points in a game against a D that has a lot of injuries and an O that is missing half of its starting receiving core, there is a big problem.  Usually it starts with your QB.  I love Griffin but I’m starting to have my doubts right now.  Yes the O line sucks but they can’t suck that bad with the #1 rushing game in the league.  

Archived