Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Stephen A Smith: "I Have VERY Reliable Sources That Shanahan Did Not Want To Move Up To Draft RGIII, He Wanted Tannehill."

DM72

He claimed he has sources.

LOL. They all have sources man. This whole "anonymous source" **** is killing journalism.

Let's play a game: I live in the Baltimore area and have a source that claims Joe Flacco is really woman. Now quick, give me a radio spot, some TV time, a twitter account and a blog and I guarantee I can turn this into fact within 24 hours.

So much fail and lulz in these parts.

What difference does it make at this point who wanted who? What does he think he's accomplishing by saying something like this?

Why is this even an issue right now? Why are fans so into what the "media" says or quotes or gets from a "reliable source" oh excuse me a "VERY reliable source"? Why do people buy into this crap? And again I ask you...what is the point?

What difference does it make at this point who wanted who? What does he think he's accomplishing by saying something like this?

Why is this even an issue right now? Why are fans so into what the "media" says or quotes or gets from a "reliable source" oh excuse me a "VERY reliable source"? Why do people buy into this crap? And again I ask you...what is the point?

Prob b/c our team sucks and we have nothing better to talk about...lol

Honestly who cares anymore? We suck again, and we already spent the picks to get Robert. So we either try to trade him or we are stuck with him. Either way your just falling for ESPNs bs talk show that tries to get people to watch by saying stupid things on controversial topics.

If Shanny wanted Tannehill, he should have taken him. If he wanted Griffin, then so be it. Point is, its in the past, and here we are 2 years removed, and we are going to be in last place in the division AGAIN.

Was last year a fluke? Was Rg3 a flash in the pan? Did we get lucky? Or is it is knee? I dont know, but I do know the team I saw yesterday isnt anywhere close to a superbowl. And part of me wants to freaking cry im so tired of this, I just envy other teams like the Patriots and Colts, who are just winning year after year no matter what, and here we are still stuck in the mud. A franchise QB makes losers winners. Although we can pass the blame on anyone, maybe Roberts just not that good... Im starting to accept that fact, and although I still see greatness in him, hes having a bad year. It reminds me of last year when the Lions had a bad year. STafford looked so-so, when the year before he threw for 5k yards and 41 tds to like 7 ints or some craziness. So Ill give Robert the benefit of the doubt this year, Ill chalk it up to injury. Next year, if he doesnt come alive, hes a bust. And I dont mean a bust as Jamarcus Russell bust, cause hes still good, but for what we traded for him, he should be great.

One thing it can do is kinda explain the riff between RGIII and Shanahan and I do believe there's a riff.

Name one reporter that will out a source if he wants to still be a reporter.

I don't care if Smith continues to be a journo or not. He isn't actually a journo anyway but that is beside the point. He is lying to rile up a fanbase. And his lie has racial undertones that are damaging to the image of our head coach, QB, owner, and franchise in general. But you want to believe this as IIRC this is your second thread about the same topic.

http://www.uproxx.com/sports/2010/07/stephen-a-smith-needs-new-sources/

Stephen A Smith needs new sources

July 8 can’t come fast enough. Until NBA free agents can actually sign with the teams that are making the offers – Joe Johnson is staying in Atlanta with a max deal, Amar’e Stoudemire was offered 5 years and $100 million by the Knicks, Dirk Nowitzki is reportedly staying with the Dallas Mavericks, etc. – reporters, analysts and all-around jackasses will continue to “report” what their “sources” are telling them. Like Stephen A. Smith, for instance.

Smith also claimed on his Twitter that the Toronto Raptors were looking for draft picks and cash as compensation in a sign-and-trade for Bosh. Too bad the Raptors announced that they will not help Bosh by completing a sign-and-trade. So 0-for-2, I guess.

The 20 Dumbest Things Skip Bayless and Stephen A. Smith Have Said | Bleacher Report

Image via ESPN

In October 2012, Stephen A. Smith had this to say about longtime respected Washington Postcolumnist Michael Wilbon, one of his colleagues at ESPN, forexpressing support for Redskins quarterback Robert Griffin III for the 2012 MVP: 

"I think Mike Wilbon is insane. …I love him dearly. We're very good friends. I love him, but he's crazy. … He's a little bit biased. Mike gets a little bit excited there. I mean, Mike's willing to come off the golf course for those two cities [DC and Chicago] … But I’m not letting those Washington homers [Wilbon and Tony Kornheiser], those D.C. homers, get away with this one. No no no no no no.”

This is a joke and another example of how the Media uses the Redskins as a springboard of drama. Its also another example of when you play bad football you get the full brunt of the negative spotlight. This is a big market team and when there is blood in the water it brings out the sharks. The media would like nothing more than to create a drama and plant a seed between Coach and QB because it would spawn more drama down the road this winter when they run out of things to BS about.

The "humiliations of McNabb and Haynesworth"? They both got exactly what they deserved. Both were lazy when they got here and did want to learn or work. There are certainly things to pick on MS for, like the initial trade for McNabb to begin with (although a very large majority supported the move until it turned sour then everyone said they knew it as a bad idea from the start..).

But how these guys finished here was their own fault, especially haynesworth.

I really don't even like Stephen A, but you can go back and find that every reporter has been wrong at some time. It happens. ESPN's Mort is probably highly respected and he's been wrong a ton of times.

I hate Smith but he also was the first to report the Miami Heat trio teaming up and confirm it as fact too. You're going to be right and wrong. our own Redskins insiders have been wrong quite a bit lately and people still listen to them. Doesn't mean they aren't getting good information, it could just be changing after reported. I just think Smith is wrong here. 

The "humiliations of McNabb and Haynesworth"? They both got exactly what they deserved. Both were lazy when they got here and did want to learn or work. There are certainly things to pick on MS for, like the initial trade for McNabb to begin with (although a very large majority supported the move until it turned sour then everyone said they knew it as a bad idea from the start..).

But how these guys finished here was their own fault, especially haynesworth.

Yes they deserved it all but my point was that Mike didn't care what the anyone thought about how he went about it, which makes me think he wouldn't draft a guy he didn't want to appease fans or the owner

Archived