Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Stephen A Smith: "I Have VERY Reliable Sources That Shanahan Did Not Want To Move Up To Draft RGIII, He Wanted Tannehill."

DM72

But for argument's sake, even if it's true, what does it have to do with anything going on right now?  Literally nothing.  I'll have to listen to First Take and see the context with which this even came up, because it is really irrelevant if Tannehill's the other guy in the equation.  If he'd said Shanahan really wanted Wilson, that might be something to talk about.  

But for argument's sake, even if it's true, what does it have to do with anything going on right now?  Literally nothing.  I'll have to listen to First Take and see the context with which this even came up, because it is really irrelevant if Tannehill's the other guy in the equation.  If he'd said Shanahan really wanted Wilson, that might be something to talk about.  

Shanahan did love Wilson and would have drafted him had he falled to round 4.

Cousins was the next man up there

So Shanhan, who had all sorts of leverage after year 2 (with 3 years, 15M left on his contract being his leverage) was forced to make the move?

Ha. Don't buy it.

Not saying this was the case, but what have just about everyone accused Snyder of? Making money over putting a good team on the field. Who's way more marketable, RGIII or Tannehill? If we would have drafted Tannehill instead of moving up to get RGIII, it would have gotten real ugly in DC.

To be fair, McNabb has said that RGIII would struggle under Shanahan and he was called an idiot.

You can't be serious... Do you remember the reasons he listed? One of them was that the Shanahans would not adjust their system and tailor it to fit Griffin's skillset. That obviously didn't happen in 2012. McNabb was an idiot then, and he's an idiot now, because it turned out to be completely the opposite of what he predicted.

He was also a lazy POS with sour grapes.

Holy Snikies. If it had come from anyone but Smith I could probably believe it. But there are far worse scenarios between HC's and Owners than this when it comes to F.A.s, Draft picks,etc, coming out of war rooms. Non-issue, Smith hates Shanahan so even if he's telling the truth the intent is to stir up mud in our beloved dysfunctional organisation.

I've heard this a few times and I think it's overblown. Sure maybe he liked Tannehill and vouched for him but I doubt he was literally forced to take Rob. Shanahan had proven that he does what he wants here (I.e. The humiliations of McNabb and Haynesworth)

The "humiliations of McNabb and Haynesworth"?  They both got exactly what they deserved. Both were lazy when they got here and did want to learn or work. There are certainly things to pick on MS for, like the initial trade for McNabb to begin with (although a very large majority supported the move until it turned sour then everyone said they knew it as a bad idea from the start..).

But how these guys finished here was their own fault, especially haynesworth. 

You can't be serious... Do you remember the reasons he listed? One of them was that the Shanahans would not adjust their system and tailor it to fit Griffin's skillset. That obviously didn't happen in 2012. McNabb was an idiot then, and he's an idiot now, because it turned out to be completely the opposite of what he predicted.

He was also a lazy POS with sour grapes.

I don't disagree with some of what you said, but has Shanahan adjusted their system to fit RGIII this year?

Holy Snikies. If it had come from anyone but Smith I could probably believe it. But there are far worse scenarios between HC's and Owners than this when it comes to F.A.s, Draft picks,etc, coming out of war rooms. Non-issue, Smith hates Shanahan so even if he's telling the truth the intent is to stir up mud in our beloved dysfunctional organisation.

I never knew Smith to dislike Shanahan. He's been critical, but who hasn't?

McNabb said they wouldn't adapt to make full use of Griffin's skills, and he was rightly called an idiot as we saw that they absolutely DID adapt.

But what about this year? I've seen a lot of people on this board pretty much say the exact samething.

I don't disagree with some of what you said, but has Shanahan adjusted their system to fit RGIII this year?

The problem is the whole team stinks.  We don't stink because Shanny doesn't like Robert.  I know some of you guys think we stink because of play calling, I find it laughable.  We stink because we can't execute on any side of the ball.  Offense, defense, special teams.  We can't field a punt, we can't punt, we can't tackle, we can't catch, we can't throw accurately, we don't have good receivers.  Our team is a mess.  But it's not because Diva RG3 doesn't like the play calling.

I'd like Smith to out his source, especially considering that his source if real won't be here next season anyway. But since he won't and he has no credibility anyway I suggest we all ignore him like I've been doing for his entire career. I hate anonymous sources and speculative journalism.

It was from the Baylor pro day before the draft. But yeah you go ahead and take the opinion from of Stephen A Smith. It's obvious he knows more about the inner workings of the Washington Redskins franchise.

He claimed he has sources.

I'm not sure how much you can do for a guy who's accuracy (at this point) is hot/cold, coming off an ACL and a missed offseason, with a line that isn't even built to drop back and pass for more than 2 seconds. He's just as much to blame for his struggles as the rest of the  offense/coaching staff is.

I'd like Smith to out his source, especially considering that his source if real won't be here next season anyway. But since he won't and he has no credibility anyway I suggest we all ignore him like I've been doing for his entire career. I hate anonymous sources and speculative journalism.

Name one reporter that will out a source if he wants to still be a reporter.

I would say no **** Danny was behind the pick. We haven't had a franchise QB since he has bought the team. One was available during the draft so he and Bruce or Mike or whoever made it happen. I'm so over Shanny its not even funny. I cant even stand to watch him on the sideline anymore. 

He has been nothing but suck since he's got here. And food for thought if we didn't make that trade someone else would have. FACT!

Archived