Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Stephen A Smith: "I Have VERY Reliable Sources That Shanahan Did Not Want To Move Up To Draft RGIII, He Wanted Tannehill."

DM72

This doesnt' make any sense.

Why would you stay if you were Shanahan?

He could have quit, let it quitely be known that Snyder still wanted substantial say, and pretty easily gotten another job based on what we know (and his son).

He stays with a QB he's not happy with, especially if Snyder gives him next year, and things don't go well, his career as a head coach (at his age) is likely over.

AND he's set back his son's career.

If they were being forced to draft RGIII, then for both of them leaving made much more sense then staying.

(Unless there is something else that is holding Shanahan back from being a head coach other places.  Snyder hired Shanahan because other owners weren't likely to hire him and so Snyder got somebody "respectable" (with respect to the fan base at least), but that he still has some control over.)

My sources tell me this is false, and that Shanahan and RG3 were seen at Outback Steakhouse prior to the draft sharing a blooming onion and talking about how they were going to deal with the fact that they wouldn't be getting any free agents for the next two offseasons. 

Is it just me or has this only been brought up on First Take? I don't remember hearing any local beat guys or our own insiders hint at this. Maybe I'm wrong. But why wouldn't any local reporters be on this story?

Cause it's not true?

Those three words above the OP's name tell you all you have to know about the validity of this...

I really don't even like Stephen A, but you can go back and find that every reporter has been wrong at some time. It happens. ESPN's Mort is probably highly respected and he's been wrong a ton of times.

Stephen A. Smith rants on ties in hockey, which don't exist anymore | March | 2013

Of course, who better than one of Bristol's resident expert debaters, Stephen A. Smith to rant on this topic... because he's such a respected authority on the sport of hockey, you know.  Just watch and cringe in pain and agony as Screamin' A. totally dismisses the Blackhawks point streak because of "ties."

Then note that the NHL hasn't had a tie since April 4th, 2004.

I know people hate to acknowledge this possibility, but maybe we shouldn't have drafted RG3.  Think of what those extra draft picks could've done to help this team.

Just a speculative thought....don't kill me.

Those picks have certainly turned the rams into a powerhouse....

Whoever did an internet search and couldn't find anything needs to learn how to search.  :)

Here is an older article where he claims the same thing, it reads much less dramatic than the OP.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/9693891/skip-bayless-rgiii-shanahan

And where in this aryticle does Stephen A Smith say "I Have VERY Reliable Sources That Shanahan Did Not Want To Move Up To Draft RGIII, He Wanted Tannehill."

Stephen A has been clueless before. He once thought you still kept the ball after a missed FG attempt on 3rd down. But he is a respected reporter or he wouldn't be able able to break any stories.

News flash. NO ONE respects Smith. 

Search: stephen a smith is a moron

https://www.google.com/search?client=safari&rls=en&q=Stephen+A+Smith&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8#q=stephen+a+smith+is+a+moron&revid=1494244281&rls=en&saf…

Stephen A. Smith has resorted to debating himself... | June | 2013

So, whoever wins Game 5 "has got the series" but at the same time, Game 5 "will not decide the series."  Crystal clear, isn't it?  Well played Stephen A. Smith, well played.  So this is what ESPN sees in you to have you on air 21 hours out of the day on its family of networks.  Bravo...

Why Your Hometown Columnist Sucks: Stephen A. Smith

News flash. NO ONE respects Smith.

I don't think that's true. Again, if he was not respected, would he ever break a story? Would he get one on one interviews with A-list athletes? No. YOU don't respect him. Again, I don't really care that much for him myself, but when someone like him says he have very good reliable sources, I tend to listen.

We will NEVER move forward with Snyder as our owner.  He simply can't stop meddling.

Do you have proof that he has meddled recently? Or is it his past that is still haunting him? I say it is his past.

Also, DM72, you should never use Stephen A. Smith to prove a point unless it has something to do with idiots in the media. :)

I don't think that's true. Again, if he was not respected, would he ever break a story? What he get one on one interviews A-list athletes? No. YOU don't respect him. Again, I don't really care that much for him myself, but when someone like him says he have very good reliable sources, I tend to listen.

Regardless of what his career was at one point, he is now nothing more than a hack, resting on past achievements. Same as all of the rest of the sports talk show hacks.

Archived