Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Dan Synder Picture On Front Page Of This Site

Psihawk

I am sorry but I am sick of looking at his smug picture on the front of this site each time I log in.  He is the reason the team is where it is and has been for the last decade.  Can we start a petition to have it removed?  :-)

Its about the only thing that would make me happy considering the way the team is playing.

If you are referring to the main page with Mr Snyder posing with fans for #redskins edge, remember that this was taken in Dallas. He may be many things, but he is still the owner of my beloved Skins. Until that changes, this is fine by me.

Personally, he has changed quite a bit over the years and, right now, is a good owner (IMHO).

Yeah he's got a history, but I think Dan Snyder has ALWAYS wanted to win and has been willing to pay a little scratch for it. I also like to think that a couple of years ago he realized he's just as reactionary as any of us on a game day thread. He's really seemed like he's trying to,stay out of the way the past few seasons and I dig it.

dan-snyder.jpg

"One more game Haslett, one more game."

This isn't going to end well.  Not even sure what you are talking about.

I don't know. Is Jumbo frequenting this site anymore? He's usually fairly quick to stamp these out. I hope his head didn't explode during the team meltdown last week. :P

Yeah, my opinion on Snyder has changed quite a bit in the last year. On a scale of 1 to 10, my hate was about a 9.  Now its about a 5.  He seems to be "getting it," but it had to come by brute force (2009 fan revolt).  I just hope he keeps Shanahan around to finish the job here.  Wouldn't be offended if he has a sit down and encourages him to go a different direction with a D-Coordinator, i.e. "hey mike, why don't you just handle the offense with Kyle, and George will hire a D-Coordinator to fix the defense..."  Or better, have George Allen have the conversation with Shanny.  But keep him in the fold.

Snyder seems to me like the kind of guy that wants to go out and have a beer with the boys, because he never really was invited as a young man.  Now, he thinks that it might not be such a good idea, because he's their "boss" but there's still that part of him that wants to be the guy he never was 20 years ago. Like he missed out on that part of young adulthood because he was too busy being a greedy, workaholic billionaire.  Now he wants to chug beer and be one of the boys.

Snyder, at first, had his nose in the team's overall operations, and it did fluster alot of people.

But he's backed away and let others take care of the team, which is exactly what everyone wanted, so I see nothing wrong with the guy, except he probably shells out more in tips than I make in a year. Ok, maybe not THAT much.

But calling him smug? Nah, Jerruh Jones is smug.

Or better, have George Allen have the conversation with Shanny. 

The name of the Redskins' GM is Bruce Allen. George Allen is his brother and is a politician. I don't want him anywhere near this team in a decision making capacity. 

And since Dan owns the team he could rename it the Washington Dan Snyders and put his picture on the helmet for good measure. Threads like this really boggle the mind.

I've always been super jealous of him...a year younger than me, and owns his favorite team.  And it's not just his favorite team...like some of us here, it's his favorite passion.  Sometimes his heart's in it a little too much, but at least he's a dedicated, loyal, lifelong fan & not just a business-fan. :)

Ok the comments of "I'd rather have an owner who wants to win" are just crazy.   Please name me one owner who has said they don't want to win?  Its great that he wants to win.  So does every other owner.   Thought sometimes I think Synder just wants to make money at the expense of winning.

Let's see how this season plays out and see if his hiring of Shanahan and Allen work out.

Archived