Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Poll: Predict The Outcome Of The Redskins Last (7) Games, And Their Final Record.

Commander PK

Predict the outcome of the (7) remaining games for the Redskins, and their final regular season record.  

135 members have voted

1. 1. Redskins @ Eagles

2. 2. 49ers @ Redskins

3. 3. Giants @ Redskins

4. 4. Chiefs @ Redskins

5. 5. Redskins @ Falcons

6. 6. Cowboys @ Redskins

7. 7. Redskins @ Giants

8. 8. The Redskins final regular season record will be?

9. 9. Bonus Question: Who wins the East?

• Washington Redskins
    • Philadelphia Smeagols (Still seeking the Precious)
    • New York Little Persons (**** Mara)
    • Dallas Cowpokes (another year of all hype no substance, ho hum)

For the record, I had us dropping a game but retaining the East at 9-7 prior to the season.

That will teach me to be optimistic. 

Hail. 

I went with 9 and 7 as well and winning the division. Some my call me a masochist, but if you have been a fan of the Redskins the last 22 years you probably fall under that term too.

Well, I'm going with 6-10. I'm afraid, however, that that prediction is considerably optimistic. I think 5-11 or 4-12 is probably far more realistic, considering our inability to close out games when we're ahead and dominating.

The Eagles will win the division. Romo sits to pee is a choke artist and the Cowpokes are just too inconsistent and dysfunctional to hold on to the lead.

We get on Morris' back and win out.

Sure. If you only count the first half of every game, that would be on spot. But, unfortunately, we have a stubborn OC who, for whatever reason, feels it necessary to abandon what works in the second half of games. Sad, but true, and frustrating as hell.

I think we finish 7-9, miss the paloffs, but we beat the snot out of Dallass and Philthy in our second meetings.

I see a lot of people predicting Philthy to win the division.  I just don't see it.  In all honesty, I'm a little worried that the Gnats could put together a run and take the division.  They've quietly won 3 in a row, and they are certainly no stranger to late season rallies themselves.

I just hope our guys don't lay down.  We are a bad loss in Philthy and a beat down by San Fran away from a nuclear turd sandwich. 

I have a crazy 8-8... with losses to the Eagles and Niners and then we win out.  It ends up that 8-8 is a three way tie for the division that we lose based on a 1-3 head to head with Dallas and the Eagles.  Eagles win division and host wildcard Carolina, losing 10-0...  :-)

Projecting the rest of the season is just too fun not to do...

The Giants - hard to see how they get there... They catch a break with Green Bay this week, but then have Dal, Was, SD, Sea, Det, and Was... 4-3 would be a very good record down the stretch for that schedule - so 7-9 at best...

Dallas - NYG, Oak, Chi, GB (Rodgers back), Was, Phi - I like them to do what Dallas does 3-3 for 8-8...

Philly - easiest road - Was, Ari, Det, Min, Chi, Dal - I like losses to Det, Chi, and at Dallas for 8-8...

Skins lose out ... finish 3-13 ...

Eagles win the East

I really do not want to be negative but we are not playing consistently.  One half of good football does not win games and frankly that is what we are doing. And we are racking up penalties again.   I am thinking we could unfortunately lose out.  If we win any game here I am thinking probably Atlanta.  

Sure. If you only count the first half of every game, that would be on spot. But, unfortunately, we have a stubborn OC who, for whatever reason, feels it necessary to abandon what works in the second half of games. Sad, but true, and frustrating as hell.

I wouldn't go as far to criticize our offense because without Kyle Shanahan, we'd be sitting at at a 0-9 record.  Gotta give our opponents defenses some ounce of credit for making halftime adjustments. Execution was the problem, no thanks to the poor offensive blocking, giving RG3 no protection that leads to shacky passes. We ran the ball just as much as the first half in the Viking game. Just wasn't as effective.

Investing in a new o-line (excluding trent williams) is the highest priority in the off season.

We will finish the season at 4-12. I think Vikings game did it in for them. I'm worried things will get ugly by December where this whole team will implode. Riding the end of the season with a 4 game loosing streak. 

Haslett says:

​      The Washington Redskins have yet to put a complete game together, and they have not managed to string together consecutive wins during their 3-6 start to the season. But defensive coordinator Jim Haslett has confidence that the team pull off another 7-0 run.

The first step, Haslett says, however, is focusing solely on the game ahead.

“Right now, we’re just in that mode of trying to win one game and move on from there. That’s where we’re at more than anything,” Haslett said.

But he went on to say that the team’s players and coaches do indeed hold the firm belief that a turnaround is possible.

“I think our guys believe they can do it again,” Haslett said. “I said last year at this time, I made a comment to coach [shanahan], and I said, ‘We’re going to win our next seven games and win our division.’ I said it last week. I said, ‘I feel good about where we’re at.’ ”

Haslett said his confidence stems from the work ethic the players have displayed and their mental makeup as well.

“I love the way our guys practice and are into it. Teams that are going downhill don’t practice the way we practice,” Haslett said. “Those teams are negative. We don’t have that here. We’ve just got to go out and put a whole team together. I’m talking about offense, defense, special teams. I’m talking getting the team together, defense, offense, special teams. We do that, then we’ll get things rolling. We haven’t done that. We haven’t done it on defense. We’ve done it good half here, bad half there. Good three quarters here, bad quarter here. We need to put the whole thing together.”

Archived