Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Es Coverage: The Wait In The Cold Until The Intern Runs Down Vikings Coverage & Interactive Game Day Thread.

Art

RGIII can have all the good games he wants. Where it counts, he's a losing QB.

Some can say he's better than Alex Smith. But I'd rather have Alex than RG at this point.

RG still ****s up plays when it counts. He still doesn't get the concept of sliding and stepping up in the pocket. He still runs backwards in the pocket if his first read goes away.

It doesn't matter what he does. They lost the game!!!!!

NOBODY PLAYS A "GOOD GAME" WHEN YOU LOSE UNLESS YOU'RE A LOSER!!!!!!

Let's see RG3 play with the KC defense and OL. Lol at Alex Smith

Locker room, as you would expect, is very somber.    Media is confused because Shanahan's presser is in the room, but he refused to do it because it was too crowded so he went to the hall.   Most media hasn't figured out they could even go in.    That is a team that knows it had an opportunity and blew it.   

question is, if we do fire the shanahans and haslett...who do we turn to? like, who do we hire that give the redskins the best chance to get to the playoffs consistently and even win a superbowl? wouldnt we have to start all over? wouldnt RG3 have to learn a whole new playbook? idk, maybe im wrong. maybe a new coaching staff could help us get back to consistent winning seasons. i dont know. i just dont know right now...no idea at all.

The team needs a change.  Danny needs to open those pockets up and get someone in here to instill discipline and focus.  The things we sorely need. 

question is, if we do fire the shanahans and haslett...who do we turn to? like, who do we hire that give the redskins the best chance to get to the playoffs consistently and even win a superbowl? wouldnt we have to start all over? wouldnt RG3 have to learn a whole new playbook? idk, maybe im wrong. maybe a new coaching staff could help us get back to consistent winning seasons. i dont know. i just dont know right now...no idea at all.

That is the worst part. The idea of having to start over. I'm sick of starting over. Why can't we just get a competent team together?

I wish Shanahan was as good as advertised. But he's not. He is clearly washed up, and is putting RGIII at risk in the hopes of winning some meaningless games this season.

I don't know who should replace him. But I think if RGIII is the future of the franchise, we need to fire Mike & Kyle ASAP. RGIII is not going to last much longer in this offense.

Watch the 4th down again in slo-mo. Obviously Tana was option #1 b/c Rob locks onto him from the snap. He is open for the route called and I can't fault the throw.

However Jordan completely smokes his man off the line with no help over the top, and it's an easy pitch and catch for 6. Maybe Rob should have checked to that as his primary read... maybe Kyle should have known that was a better option... either way we should have never been in that position.

You have to lock onto the fade route as your first read, to see if he wins off the line.  You throw that ball in like 1.5 seconds, there is no other time to read anything.

It just wasn't possible considering the playcall, nothing could be done unless RG3 has 5 eyes around his forehead.  Its easy to say they should have known, I agree that a throw to Reed would have been a better call but in this situation it doesn't matter.

Honestly, Moss could have caught that one if he had focused more.  A lot of receivers in the NFL could have caught that, but not ours (Garcon is a great receiver but not in this area I feel).

A roll out would have been better maybe, he could have either ran or even jumped it in if things looked south, or thrown it.  Problem is it limits his choices to throw to.  I think a quick hitter to a TE or something would have been the best option considering we never ever get fades when we actually try them.

But I mean this is just armchair quarterbacking right now.  Those may have not worked either.

For God's sake go take your tin foil hat and go into your bomb shelter for a while.

You're obviously not someone that follows politics and how DIRTY it is.  Some people will choose to remain willfully ignorant I guess.  The officiating effects every aspect of the game.

I think we played OKAY enough to win the game, even in the second half. We had some crucial drops on key plays that I felt could've won us the game. It would've been an ugly win, but a win nonetheless

The Kerrigan drop was inexcusable. I believe it was 27-21 at that point, and the Vikings went on to score and take the lead after the drop. If he catches that and puts the offense back on the field who knows?

In the second half, Kyle went away from EVERYTHING that was working in the first half.

I actually felt Kyle didnt "go away" enough from what was working. In the first half, we ran it down their throats and killed them with short bubble screen passes. The second half we should have come out working deep sideline passes, vertical routes predicating from play action. In the end, we have one of the best running offenses in the NFL, yet we're 3-6. Yes, defense has been pretty awful this year, but teams are outscoring us, and they're doing it by passing the ball. The league is heading that way, we need to adjust accordingly. 

In fact, it seems like the last few weeks, we've been surviving because of our third down conversions, which have sort of been freakish percentage wise- at least far exceeding the average. It doesn't seem like we generate enough chunks of yards on first and second down. 

I wish I knew how to make gifs or videos.  We need a video of the picked up flag for being tackled into the QB when he clearly wraps both arms around his ****** knees and of the spot where the ref moves the ball up for no freakin reason.  They don't even measure and he calls it a 1st down from 10 yards away.  The spot was classic!  Forget about all the other BS.  

It's that time of the year boys!  Time to sit back, get the popcorn and enjoy the games.  It's nice when we get to this point, I don't get emotionally worked up during the games.  I can just relax and laugh at the self-destruction at any point of the game.  

Stop blaming the Refs, we blew a 10 point lead and got the ball after the half. We stopped running the ball and the defense was a seive. I put that on Haslett, but Shanahan sucks a big bowl of suck consistently this year

If your argument is that the team is good enough to overcome both bad coaching or dropped passes AND refs that are obviously not calling an even game then that's fine.  Teams blow leads all the time, sure, but it's pretty easy to do it when the refs never call penalties on your opponent but call every penalty (even imagined) on your team.

Archived