Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Xbox One Vs Ps4

DM72

On 6/2/2019 at 12:41 AM, Momma There Goes That Man said:

It’s not a remake. It’s a reimagining. It’s a different story, different missions etc. it does have some of the same characters like Captain Price (voiced by a different actor) 

cross play is pretty cool  

Expanding on this after a podcast in GI, they want to change the feel of this one more to reflect today's world. COD4: MW was focused on the war on "terror" and a terrorist organization acquiring nukes etc. 

They want this to focus on how war has changed since then. Expect more inner city missions or missions where you aren't sure who the enemies are. These aren't federations or organizations now, they are smaller rebels hiding among allies or civilians. They want this game to reflect more of the challenges of today's world in the same way the original did for 2007. 

32 minutes ago, Springfield said:

I am intrigued

4 minutes ago, clietas said:

Haven't played 6 but love the series. Easily one of the biggest time burglars in existence. 

I've actually never played any of the previous versions.  I saw it was like $60 for an iPad game and I figured i'd check it out.  Then, it crashed and did not work at all for FOUR MONTHS.  But it got fixed 3 weeks ago and i haven't stopped playing it since. 

Civ Revolution was free on Xbox a year ago and I grabbed it. I adored it but could tell it was a casual watered down version of what the series most likely was. Plus every game ended right when **** started to get interesting with multiple powers reaching tech advancements a the same time. There was a stupid turn limit which sucked. I don’t think any others are on console. 

10 minutes ago, Momma There Goes That Man said:

Civ Revolution was free on Xbox a year ago and I grabbed it. I adored it but could tell it was a casual watered down version of what the series most likely was. Plus every game ended right when **** started to get interesting with multiple powers reaching tech advancements a the same time. There was a stupid turn limit which sucked. I don’t think any others are on console. 

Civ 6 is on the Switch.

Man Odyssey is a grinder's paradise. Played it for nearly two weeks now, and I have barely even done any main quests. Would be excellent if they just patched in a little piece of parchment where you clock in.

Plus it's even less "Assassin's Creed" than Origins.They got "loadouts"and ****, where you play as a hunter, warrior, or assassin, lol.

And the naval stuff is officially tired, which is a shame, because I was really looking forward to Skull & Bones, until I saw that Ubisoft was the developer, which means that it will be the same crap engine and gsmeplay, just all pirates, and meaningless Ubisoft Club merch, and microtransactions, and strongholds.... Lots and lots of strongholds, where you arent punished for playing like a madman, and you aren't rewarded for playing as the spirit of the franchise intends.

That being said, the female protagonist is interesting, and it seems the First Civilization actually matters again. And the boss fights and battlefield quests (AC3 really couldve used that, but i stead trolled us with that E3 vid of Connor decimating Redcoats on the battlefield and dodging musket and cannon fire) really are challenging.

I will note that both Origins and Odyssey seem like one long origin story, so maybe it makes sense that you aren't quite an assassin, and you aren't quite fighting Templars, but at this point, the game is more tedious than fun.

38 minutes ago, Momma There Goes That Man said:

Still loved Civ Revolutions. Even tho it was a watered down version it was fun. The gameplay was quick compared to the pc Civs. So you could actually finish a game in days instead of weeks. Being able to play over xbl was great too. I agree tho the tech and time victories sucked. They suck in all the versions honestly. I always disabled them.

I finished Gris last night on Switch.  It's a short game but one of the most incredible games I have ever played.  The music in it is incredible and draws a lot of emotion with the art style.  I really hope there is a sequel.

10 hours ago, Warhead36 said:

Its better with the new DLC but I still think 5 was the superior Civ game.

I haven't looked at the new DLC (I assume you mean Gathering Storm, not the additional civilizations that they add every few weeks).  I haven't looked into it yet, I'm not quite sure how to download if for the IOS version.  It's not offered through the apps DLC screen.  

51 minutes ago, purbeast said:

Yeah, Stadia looks FANTASTIC!

Playing single player games with lag is going to be incredible!

Fake video. 

Even then, I’m sure there will be hiccups. But once it’s ironed out, cloud gaming will be dope. **** a console or giant PC box.

2 hours ago, No Excuses said:

Thoughts on Google Stadia, the cloud gaming service being released soon?

https://kotaku.com/everything-we-learned-today-about-google-stadia-update-1835294433

Looks really enticing. 4K and 60 FPS if your connection is over 40 MBPS. Decent game line up. 

pass.  Only thing that interests me in regard to Stadia is if it has an effect on games getting Linux support.

5 minutes ago, No Excuses said:

Fake video. 

Even then, I’m sure there will be hiccups. But once it’s ironed out, cloud gaming will be dope. **** a console or giant PC box.

If the industry goes streaming only, I'm out.

But that isn't happening any time soon so nothing to worry about.

Archived