Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Xbox One Vs Ps4

DM72

So I finally installed Red Dead Redemption 2 the other day and didn't see any online game modes that I read about a while back (show down and team shootout, Make it Count, Hostile Territory, Name Your Weapon, Most Wanted).  Anyone have any clue when those modes will be added to the game?

6 minutes ago, Dont Taze Me Bro said:

So I finally installed Red Dead Redemption 2 the other day and didn't see any online game modes that I read about a while back (show down and team shootout, Make it Count, Hostile Territory, Name Your Weapon, Most Wanted).  Anyone have any clue when those modes will be added to the game?

They are added. You have to go into the online mode world and go to the two pistols icon on the map to start these. 

I haven’t gotten back into it but i think they are random so you don't get to pick it'll just cycle thru the different game modes 

So I started Greek AC last night. The Cerberus thing was a nice touch (I assume those aesthetically daunting but otherwise very beatable boss battles are back).

The movement is Witcherly clunky, which is suprising considering Bayek was very fluid.

I decided to go as the woman, whuch seems pretty cool, but these weird conversation boxes keep coming up, which has never happened before in any other game. I thought it would be cool at first, but I doubt its as pronounced as even Bethesda's games.

Also, the producers have historically gone out of their way to refrain from pop culture depictions of characters, so when they make Leonidas damn near 300 Leonidas, I couldn't help but chuckle at that. Looked, sounded, and fought like him.

If you have PSVR, I highly recommend Blood and Truth.  The game is freaking awesome and you feel like ****ing John Wick shooting people up.  The tracking is great and if you have never experienced shooting a gun in VR, and having to reload by grabbing a clip off your chest and popping it into the handle of the gun, it is something to behold.  The coolness of it cannot be explained, it has to be experienced.

Way behind on this but my nephew let me borrow his switch and I’m finally playing Breath of the Wild as a complete play thru rather than bits and pieces. Blown away. I love it. Zelda as always been one of my favorite series and this is a perfect reinvention. The world is massive and stunning, all of the systems within the game and the way they fit together so well reminds me of RDR2. The art-style and designs of the world and characters is excellent, some of my favorites of the series. I love the way the story is laid out so far too with bits and pieces of the past and your memories coming back at key locations. So much mystery to unwrap and world to explore.

They’ve finally entered a modern age of game design and broken away from so many staples of the Zelda’s past such as heart containers and the “go into a dungeon, find keys, compass, map and item and use item to beat boss formula” 

Loving it so far . 

BOTW not having traditional dungeons is probably the only huge flaw I saw with the game.  The big ass beasts (forget what they are called) were cool and all but they were no dungeons.  And that is all you really have.  The shrines are way too similar other than a handful of them, with many being straight up identical to others.  I did all 120 of em so I know!

12 minutes ago, PokerPacker said:

Most people, in fact.

Im just ****in with ya. 

Whats your fav Zelda? I can actually see BOTW as being the worst 3D one cause all of the others were so good. I could make the argument for OoT and MM myself. 

19 minutes ago, Llevron said:

Im just ****in with ya. 

Whats your fav Zelda? I can actually see BOTW as being the worst 3D one cause all of the others were so good. I could make the argument for OoT and MM myself. 

I think I most enjoyed Twilight Princess.  I just really enjoyed all the atmosphere they built in TP, and I really liked how the gameplay worked with the hidden techniques bringing a bit more to combat.  The wolf stuff could've been done better, though.

OoT is probably the correct answer if there ever was one.  Majora's Mask was a fantastic little side-story.  Very dense game with a lot to do around every corner.

34 minutes ago, PokerPacker said:

I think I most enjoyed Twilight Princess.  I just really enjoyed all the atmosphere they built in TP, and I really liked how the gameplay worked with the hidden techniques bringing a bit more to combat.  The wolf stuff could've been done better, though.

OoT is probably the correct answer if there ever was one.  Majora's Mask was a fantastic little side-story.  Very dense game with a lot to do around every corner.

You know I never played the Twilight Princess, though I did spend a lot of time reading the lore around if and it does sound fantastic. 

Majoras Mask change my fragile little world as a child. Check this out. You may enjoy it 

TP is the only console Zelda game I've never completed.  The game was boring as **** 6 hours in and I gave up.  I think all I had done by that point was go fishing.  Also the tacked on waggle controls to the Wii version was really stupid.

TP is my least favorite 3D Zelda. It was when the formula really became hard to stomach for me. It had a lot of nice ideas and with the switch to a realistic artstyle, I was very excited but it was damn near an OoT remake. It relied so heavily on that game to prop it up IMO and a lot of the story just didn't click for me. I hated the twilight wolf segments when you entered each new area and I didn't care for Midna or how Zant was tossed aside for Ganondorf at the 11th hour. 

It has some very epic moments and introduced a lot of ideas that I loved i just think the execution should have been a lot better and a lot of other things annoyed the hell out of me like getting an explanation of the rupees every time you picked one up or opened one of a thousand chests in the world with the rupees in it. 

OoT is currently my favorite but Wind Waker is very close behind it. WW is truly fantastic imo. If it had a 1-2 more dungeons and less of the triforce fetch at the end it would have been perfect. I love the portrayal of Ganondorf in this game too. 

Death Stranding got a release date. Game looks beautiful but I'm not sure if it's for me (or even if it's more cutscenes than actual gameplay).

Maybe the Jedi game would be a better option for me in November?

Speaking of which, you can pre-order Jedi Fallen Order for $50.94 right now on Amazon.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07DJX3W29/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_i_DA.7CbCEJS4FS

10 hours ago, Llevron said:

You know I never played the Twilight Princess, though I did spend a lot of time reading the lore around if and it does sound fantastic. 

Twilight Princess signalled my return to Zelda.  Up to that point, I'd only ever played OoT and wasn't yet a fan of the franchise (not that I didn't love OoT).  When I saw the trailer or whatever for TP, I was immediately sold.

Majoras Mask change my fragile little world as a child. Check this out. You may enjoy it

I only played it once at a friend's house as a child (I later played it to completion as an adult and really love what they did with it; amazing sidequests that could be quite touching).  As a kid, though, I suffered from a game-breaking bug that I didn't realize was a bug until it broke the game.  That is, everytime I received health, I died.  At the time, I thought it was just part of life as a Deku-shrub; hearts are bad.  But then you need to make your way to the Fairy Fountain to progress the story, and that's were I fell into a loop of dying and being revived by fairies and I realized it was not a feature, but a bug.

It's almost as if I was playing something out of a "creepypasta".

9 hours ago, purbeast said:

TP is the only console Zelda game I've never completed.  The game was boring as **** 6 hours in and I gave up.  I think all I had done by that point was go fishing.  Also the tacked on waggle controls to the Wii version was really stupid.

I played the gamecube version; no tacked-on waggle for me.  Also, I'm one of those weird people that enjoys a slow start that introduces you to the world.  I was soaking in the atmosphere and the inhabitants that made it up.

8 hours ago, Momma There Goes That Man said:

TP is my least favorite 3D Zelda. It was when the formula really became hard to stomach for me.

Could you expand on this?  Do you mean that it the formula had gotten old, or had steered to hard into the formula?

It had a lot of nice ideas and with the switch to a realistic artstyle, I was very excited but it was damn near an OoT remake. It relied so heavily on that game to prop it up IMO and a lot of the story just didn't click for me.

Maybe it was because, like I said above, TP was my return to Zelda coming from OoT before, that's more of what I expected from the game, whereas now when a new Zelda game is announced, I never know what to expect from them having seen all the diversity in each game.  TP is definitely the (3D) Zelda game that most closely resembled an earlier game.  But for me, it felt like they had refined the game to take it up to its potential.  I've always said I'd love to see an OoT remake in the vein of TP with the art direction and gameplay.

For the story, I rather enjoyed it.  It had its optimistic moments and depressing moments.  I think I got goosebumps near the end-game when The Resistance shows up to lend support.

I hated the twilight wolf segments when you entered each new area and I didn't care for Midna or how Zant was tossed aside for Ganondorf at the 11th hour. 

No argument on Twilight Wolf.  Majora's Mask did a much better job with non-human gameplay.  I'm not sure how I feel about Ganon being thrown in as the big-bad at the end.  I will say that I wish the console Zelda games would stop focusing so much on him and allow other bad guys to come in.  Majora's Mask had an interesting villain.  Skyward Sword almost went away from him, but then came back at the end and was like "eh, we'll make it proto-Ganon".

It has some very epic moments and introduced a lot of ideas that I loved i just think the execution should have been a lot better and a lot of other things annoyed the hell out of me like getting an explanation of the rupees every time you picked one up or opened one of a thousand chests in the world with the rupees in it. 

Let's be fair, it only told you the value of each color of rupee once... per play-session.  Yeah, that was kinda annoying.

Speaking of thousands of chests in the world, one of the things I loved were the secrets to be found, like mini-dungeons hidden in the world.  I do wish the rewards were more varied, though instead of just hearts (not bad), and silver/orange rupees; some non-essential inventory items would have been nice, like how OoT had that trial to unlock Ice Arrows.

OoT is currently my favorite but Wind Waker is very close behind it. WW is truly fantastic imo. If it had a 1-2 more dungeons and less of the triforce fetch at the end it would have been perfect. I love the portrayal of Ganondorf in this game too. 

WW was one I initially skipped on purpose ("wahh, they did cartoon graphics!"; whatever, I was a kid and hadn't refined taste yet).  When I did come back to it, it was a fine game, but its flaws grated on me.  Sailing the vast, empty ocean was boring.  "Hmm, I'm over here, and need to get there, so let's set my direction and... go across the hall to get a drink of water while sailing the empty ocean."  It would have been a whole lot better if you could use your telescope to look out at the horizon while sailing, but no, if you pulled out your telescope, you'd put the sail away and stop moving.  Oh, and trying to sail around an island was annoying as crap since you had to constantly change the direction of the wind.  And you thought being reminded what a rupee is worth once a play session was bad?  Try having to pull out your baton, conduct the wind song, and watch the "change wind direction" animation several times in a short period of time just to sail around one island.

I'm not sure who did combat better between MM and TP.  MM introduced moves like the helm-splitter where you leap over the enemy and slash-em as you flip over them, and the one where you role around to their back to slash them.  Those were done with timed hits that required either fast reactions to the prompt, or probably good anticipation to learn when it would be available.  TP had those same moves, but you performed them manually rather than with a quick-time-like reaction.  Both added flash and style to the fights.

edit: oh dear, look what you guys made me do.  I wrote another dissertation on Zelda.

1 hour ago, PokerPacker said:

Could you expand on this?  Do you mean that it the formula had gotten old, or had steered to hard into the formula?

At that point, the last 3 major releases were ALTTP,  OOT and WW. I just think it got stale for me with TP that it hadn’t changed much beyond WW having less dungeons and avoiding the linear ‘3 dungeons followed by significant story moment and then 5 or so dungeons, Ganon’s castle and then final fight.’ Plus it really felt like it leaned into the get a new weapon in a Dungeon and the only use of that weapon is that dungeon and boss. 

Maybe it was because, like I said above, TP was my return to Zelda coming from OoT before, that's more of what I expected from the game, whereas now when a new Zelda game is announced, I never know what to expect from them having seen all the diversity in each game.  TP is definitely the (3D) Zelda game that most closely resembled an earlier game.  But for me, it felt like they had refined the game to take it up to its potential.  I've always said I'd love to see an OoT remake in the vein of TP with the art direction and gameplay.

For the story, I rather enjoyed it.  It had its optimistic moments and depressing moments.  I think I got goosebumps near the end-game when The Resistance shows up to lend support.

I think BOTW is much closer to the original LOZ than TP is in that it basically 

just drops you into a large world and tells you to figure it out. TP felt so linear and restricted despite the largest world at the time. 

I would like an OOT remake in TPs art style and combat though. But I’d also love it in BOTW’s. I think TP is true direct sequel to OOT being its place in the timeline but it leans on it too much. 

When I did come back to it, it was a fine game, but its flaws grated on me.  Sailing the vast, empty ocean was boring.

Cant argue that but it was still ok with me because it was something different than a horse. It did a lot of different things with the gameplay that I enjoyed like hiding in barrels, picking up dropped weapons, throwing weapons, the grappling hook etc all done with the cell shaded graphics that provided so much more character animations and emotions than we had before. It sucked me right in. 

I'm not sure who did combat better between MM and TP. 

Id put WW over both. It was fast fluid simple and fun with the counters. 

4 hours ago, Momma There Goes That Man said:

At that point, the last 3 major releases were ALTTP,  OOT and WW. I just think it got stale for me with TP that it hadn’t changed much beyond WW having less dungeons and avoiding the linear ‘3 dungeons followed by significant story moment and then 5 or so dungeons, Ganon’s castle and then final fight.’ Plus it really felt like it leaned into the get a new weapon in a Dungeon and the only use of that weapon is that dungeon and boss. 

Oh, yeah, the items being dungeon-specific is something that I wished they'd move away from.  I don't think it was that way in OoT, but it does seem like that started to go that way.  I do prefer that, though, over BOTW's lack of new items/powers to find.  I never felt much of a sense of progression.

Also, does Majora's Mask not count as a major release?

I think BOTW is much closer to the original LOZ than TP is in that it basically 

just drops you into a large world and tells you to figure it out. TP felt so linear and restricted despite the largest world at the time. 

It was more open, but again, I never felt any type of progression in BOTW.  In the original Zelda, there are dungeons to crawl and items/abilities to obtain.  You might be able to go out of order, but it was design for a particular order of progression and the items you would find would help you in the dungeons.  It was definitely more free-form than the Zelda games that were to follow, but there was still progression to be made.  In BOTW, you've got everything you need from the outset, and enemies level up with you, so as much as you might "progress" with more health or stronger (temporary) weapons, you'll be facing stronger enemies everywhere on the map, so you're kinda back at square one.

I would like an OOT remake in TPs art style and combat though. But I’d also love it in BOTW’s. I think TP is true direct sequel to OOT being its place in the timeline but it leans on it too much. 

I didn't like BOTW's combat as much.  Partly because the gamecube controller is the correct type of controller for Zelda (seriously, the joycons/pro-controller just feel wrong with their button layout; that's not how Zelda should feel).  And I'm not even gonna go over weapon-breaking; we'll just assume that's not in Breath of the Ocarina.  Well except for the goron knife (or was it biggoron's sword?  I don't remember which one broke)

Cant argue that but it was still ok with me because it was something different than a horse. It did a lot of different things with the gameplay that I enjoyed like hiding in barrels, picking up dropped weapons, throwing weapons, the grappling hook etc all done with the cell shaded graphics that provided so much more character animations and emotions than we had before. It sucked me right in.

One thing I do love about Zelda is it's always different.  Except, as pointed out, that Twilight Princess is awfully similar to OoT, but they really refined it.

Id put WW over both. It was fast fluid simple and fun with the counters. 

That was a mistake on my part.  I meant WW instead of MM.

Archived