Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Xbox One Vs Ps4

DM72

21 hours ago, Mr. Sinister said:

Y'all are gonna end up like me if you arent careful... Buried by malevolent games that you bought and refused to love.

Too late. 😭

17 hours ago, Mr. Sinister said:

I'll probably get to play Horizon at some point before discs no longer are a thing, but Witcher 3? Thats just reprehensible :(

I haven't played the Witcher 3 either. Smh. I just think about how many hours it would take to complete it and keep choosing to play games that are shorter. 

7 hours ago, Rogue Jedi said:

I still have yet to play GTA V. Which is more reprehensible? 🤔

I didn't care much for GTA V. It was fun and had it's moments but it's the only GTA where i actually hated every character and had no interest in the story. Production quality is great as always but I thought the singe player fell flat. 

2 hours ago, Gamebreaker said:

I haven't played the Witcher 3 either. Smh. I just think about how many hours it would take to complete it and keep choosing to play games that are shorter. 

I've tried to get into this game like 5 different times. I can't get past the first couple of hours. I don't know what it is. The character movement, the combat, the world, even the fantasy colors of the sunet and world and enemies just didn't hook me. I was partially interested in the story, it seems pretty cool but feels like it will be hell to get through just for the story elements. 

You'll def put 100 into Witcher. I finished the main story with some side quests and I easily had 50, and barely touched hed some areas. Gonna get back to it eventually for a New Game+  and the DLC stuff.

I did my vamp witch necromancer build for Skyrim way back in early September and have about 130 hours. I dont even want to play it anymore. After Oblivion and ESO I think I am done with anything Elder Scrolls until Elder Scrolls VI: Hammerfell comes out, which probably won't be for another couple years at least.

31 minutes ago, Momma There Goes That Man said:

I've tried to get into this game like 5 different times. I can't get past the first couple of hours. I don't know what it is. The character movement, the combat, the world, even the fantasy colors of the sunet and world and enemies just didn't hook me. I was partially interested in the story, it seems pretty cool but feels like it will be hell to get through just for the story elements. 

I honestly feel like present day GTA' s dont have as much replay value. I finished IV and V and never played them again. I really liked tge guy that played Trevor. Both the wheelman and stickup guy (forgot their names) came off as Vercetti and CJ lite beer.

I think they also have a problem in that Just Cause is a killer sandbox shooter, and Mafia has superior storytelling. Next GTA needs to be fresh for me to buy it . 

29 minutes ago, Mr. Sinister said:

I think they also have a problem in that Just Cause is a killer sandbox shooter, and Mafia has superior storytelling. Next GTA needs to be fresh for me to buy it . 

It's insane to me that the company that makes RDR also makes GTA because the storytelling and characters are worlds apart. If GTA took the same approach there I think it would be a pretty incredible game but they always seem to fall into caracitures and flash rather than telling something closer to a modern day Godfather type of epic which I think both RDRs did

1 hour ago, Fan since a Fetus said:

Finally getting around to Spiderman. Holy crap, it is awesome. I just beat Kingpin. So, I'm still at the very beginning of the game. But, the bad guys purple and black clothing makes me feel like I'm beating Fed Ex employees up, like give me my package ****.

This game is really amazing. Arguably the best mainstream (non comic) Spider-Man story I've seen and it's incredible fun. Easily the greatest superhero game ever

7 hours ago, Momma There Goes That Man said:

It's insane to me that the company that makes RDR also makes GTA because the storytelling and characters are worlds apart. If GTA took the same approach there I think it would be a pretty incredible game but they always seem to fall into caracitures and flash rather than telling something closer to a modern day Godfather type of epic which I think both RDRs did

I thought GTA did a pretty good job with story back in the day when they were taking inspiration from film.  Vice City had a decent Scarface inspired story, and San Andreas had its Boyz 'n Da Hood inspired story (at least early on; moves beyond that inspiration as you get out of the hood)

7 hours ago, Mr. Sinister said:

Even better than Arkham Knight???

Im about to play it in a couple weeks.

As much as I loved Arkham Knight, I think this is better. You feel more like Spider-Man in this game than you did being Batman in any of the Arkham games. The city is multiple times bigger, gorgeous and actually alive. The combat perfectly integrates all of his abilities and the environment. 

I also thought AK was a bit predictable. While there aren’t many surprises in Spider-Man, it does a fantastic job mixing Peter’s life with Spider-Mans in interesting ways . Also I thought AK relied too much on the batmobile and using it for boss fights was disappointing. Spider-Man has some pretty good boss fights. 

And its just a blast to swing thru the city. They really nailed that part 

Still clearing out my que, and Origins is next (need to finish the side missions and DLC). Feels like work, though. Theres just no getting around it being nothing short of a white flag by Ubisoft.

I got caught up in the spectacle of it (Ancient Egypt, finally getting answers on the beginnings of the Brotherhood and the Templars, Ptolemaic period, etc) but it didnt really hold up.

Only thing I liked going forward is the combat system, which had been **** since Assassin's Creed:Brotherhood.

Everything else is a meh bucket. Might finally bite on Odyssey since the price is reduced, but Im only doing it because of the apparently improved plot mechanics.

Since Syndicate showed that firearms dont really break immersion all that much, they really should do one of the World Wars. The flashforward  to Occupied France in Syndicate was pretty spectacular

On 5/17/2019 at 12:20 PM, Momma There Goes That Man said:

Play the Mafia games if you havent already. The story on II is good, but III is breathtaking.

I think it wasnt accepted overall by the gaming community because the character was black, and not Italian. Its still organized crime though, and about the Mafia.

Honestly, I hope the next one is about the cocaine wars in Miami. They could do some serious damage to GTA's sort of ho hum approach to their recent titles by one upping their take of '80s South Florida.

Was at my buddies last night and we played some old school games on RetroPi.

We finished Super Mario Lost Levels from start to finish without no warps.  That was a challenge but save states helped a ton lol.

Then we played **** SHMUP on NES called Abadox which was pretty damn fantastic, and no clue how someone could finish that game without save states lol.

2 hours ago, Mr. Sinister said:

Play the Mafia games if you havent already. The story on II is good, but III is breathtaking.

I think it wasnt accepted overall by the gaming community because the character was black, and not Italian. Its still organized crime though, and about the Mafia.

Honestly, I hope the next one is about the cocaine wars in Miami. They could do some serious damage to GTA's sort of ho hum approach to their recent titles by one upping their take of '80s South Florida.

I loved Mafia 2. I remember being excited for 3 for the time period and city but feel like I don’t even remember when it came out like it was released in secret lol. I’ll check it out, it’s probably cheap now 

Archived