Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Xbox One Vs Ps4

DM72

Bioware has seemed really quiet about it in months prior, and I gather its making some folks nervous. I'm just gonna take a wait and see approach. From what I've heard, it sounds like more gameplay, less narrative (or freedom within said  narrative), which I'm not sure I'm a fan of.

I assume that after Andromeda, they're just keeping everything low key for a little while longer

5 hours ago, Mr. Sinister said:

Bioware has seemed really quiet about it in months prior, and I gather its making some folks nervous. I'm just gonna take a wait and see approach. From what I've heard, it sounds like more gameplay, less narrative (or freedom within said  narrative), which I'm not sure I'm a fan of.

I assume that after Andromeda, they're just keeping everything low key for a little while longer

I'm more excited about the rumored Dragon Age 4 announcement

My build broke :(

Blue screen of Error Terror... right as I was saving.

3 months of domination, lost. Been leaving my PS4 totally off for the last few months after a nasty overnight storm over the summer, so no cloud save.

Gonna just restart as an Illusion school ranger or something and mod my way back to lvl 62, then start ESO at some point.

@Llevron, do you run with any kind of guild? Think I might either redo my sorceress, or try a combination of Sorcerer/Heavy.

Yup that's exactly what I meant. Kinda wanna smash someone's face in with a ginormous hammer. But once you get that Daedric high, summoning Dremora, Ash monsters, dudes malevolent shadows, etc,  and Raidening everyone with lightning, it becomes tough to let go 😧

Was getting Sneak up to where I could assassinate people quietly with the "Touch of Death " spell, and was preparing to join the DB and get a big fat kiss from Sweet Mother.

Stupid machines 

frustrated.gif

The whole set of ESO was on sale for $39.99 so I got everything (Tamriel Unlimited, Summerset Isle, Morrowind, etc)

Be interesting to see if the Summerset Shadows are in the game (The insane, cartel-like Thieves guild of Altmer that encroach into Skyrim)

My sorceress would probably be good for the Mages Guild.

Anybody tried fighting for the Dawnguard as a Vampire? Is it possible?  Been thinking about a Blade/Van Helsing/Witcher  build as a Redguard, wielding Silver weapons, and wielding Dawnbreaker (holy **** what a weapon btw, I never knew about this sword in other playthroughs).

Been thinking about 3 builds actually. That one, then a "King of Beggars & Master of Misdirection/Coin/Trade" Thieves Guild build, as an Imperial. Lot of people seem to dog Imperials  on the TES boards I reluctantly powerskim through, but the way I see it, if your character specializes in unearthing more gold and their racial power is basically a Master Illusion  spell, then it makes since to do a hit and run guerilla assassin, master Smith build.

You would have to master the Thief School, switch to Warrior and master the Smith and One Handed perk (for assassin s blade), then switch to Mage stone to master Illusion, not much else  needed, since you will be be able to hide in plain sight, and use light armor to dart in and out of the shadows and strike at will. Doing anything else would surely get you autokilled though, I imagine. Legendary is tough, depending on how you deploy your character.

Then when you've leveled enough, you can maybe use the Serpent stone to paralyze your enemies for a Dark Brotherhood kill, then you can further stack it by going down the path of Nightingale, indirectly attacking your enemies from afar with Subterfuge, getting them to attack each other, run away leaving other enemies vulnerable, or stun them with pacify or something, and slit their throats with Assassin's Blade perk. Basically like a magical Ezio/Assassin's Creed build, except everything is true, and  nothing is permitted.

3rd build would be a "Wild Reachman" werewolf heavy spellsword, joining with the Forsworn and taking the path of Daedra worship, only this time summoning with one hand. I'll probably need mods for this, because there's a cool Wolfpack mod that let's you call s pack of wolves to surround you and attack your foes,  good for when I join the Companions. Would be pretty cool to be like a demonic William Wallace... "For the Reach!"

Decisions... 🤔

13 hours ago, Mr. Sinister said:

The whole set of ESO was on sale for $39.99 so I got everything (Tamriel Unlimited, Summerset Isle, Morrowind, etc)

Be interesting to see if the Summerset Shadows are in the game (The insane, cartel-like Thieves guild of Altmer that encroach into Skyrim)

My sorceress would probably be good for the Mages Guild.

Make sure to align your character  with the Aldmeri Dominion faction since that's where @Llevron main tank is.  I'm gonna hop on tonight after work and start power leveling a character with that nightblade build he posted a while back:  

The guide he linked doesn't work anymore :(  

I prefer to always play a mage though, @Llevron are they still glass cannons?  I haven't PvP'd since launch and I remember going out with @DaGoonie55 and getting killed so fast it was unreal.  Did ok when it was a large group and I could sit back and spam AOE spells, etc.  

Finally jumped in and grabbed a PS4 to add to the XBOX One I've had for 4 years or so now since they had the  $199 Spiderman Bundle and a ton of the exclusives I've missed have been dirt cheap.

So far I'm really enjoying and have grabbed quite a few exclusives to play when I'm not trying to finish RDR2.   So far I'm really happy I decided to get both systems even if my wife probably isn't.

1 hour ago, Dont Taze Me Bro said:

Make sure to align your character  with the Aldmeri Dominion faction since that's where @Llevron main tank is.  I'm gonna hop on tonight after work and start power leveling a character with that nightblade build he posted a while back:  

The guide he linked doesn't work anymore :(  

I prefer to always play a mage though, @Llevron are they still glass cannons?  I haven't PvP'd since launch and I remember going out with @DaGoonie55 and getting killed so fast it was unreal.  Did ok when it was a large group and I could sit back and spam AOE spells, etc.  

Honetly the way they have balanced this game a Mage can even tank if they wanted too. The Warden class is basically a tanky ass mage with less firepower and options for sword or board. 

I will I’ll say they can still be glass canons if you build them that way. Basically the more burst dps they pump out the less they can take. 

But it you can mitigate that in a number of ways now. The balance and the ability to create your toon to you EXACT play style is the one this this game has over every other mmo out there. You can still to this day create something no one will have thought of and **** **** up with it.

thats the goal with you smart guys. I just wanna tank **** and get all the drops. I have a problem. 

21 minutes ago, Llevron said:

Honetly the way they have balanced this game a Mage can even tank if they wanted too. The Warden class is basically a tanky ass mage with less firepower and options for sword or board. 

I will I’ll say they can still be glass canons if you build them that way. Basically the more burst dps they pump out the less they can take. 

But it you can mitigate that in a number of ways now. The balance and the ability to create your toon to you EXACT play style is the one this this game has over every other mmo out there. You can still to this day create something no one will have thought of and **** **** up with it.

thats the goal with you smart guys. I just wanna tank **** and get all the drops. I have a problem. 

People on the ESO forums ****ing about Ice mages and their stuns/snares in BGs :rofl89:

@Mr. Sinister  One of us should build a fire mage and the other an ice mage and snare and nuke the **** out of people.

I just wanna shroud the world in darkness :kickcan:

Totally not doing any work and looking online, my Skyrim witch was a Breton, making me awfully tempted to join this 'Daggerfall Covenant"

What's the deal with factions? Does it ensure that we meet up, and nothing more? Or do I literally have to pledge allegiance to the Elf Nationalists, and be an Altmer, Wood Elf, etc, and we do related tasks?

35 minutes ago, Dont Taze Me Bro said:

People on the ESO forums ****ing about Ice mages and their stuns/snares in BGs :rofl89:

@Mr. Sinister  One of us should build a fire mage and the other an ice mage and snare and nuke the **** out of people.

I have limited experience as a pyro/cryomancer, but I could get the hang of it. I think I could jump right in as a Necromancer or Storm Mage though, with rune capability. Got WAY too good at that after awhile.

Ended up in one fight where there were 2 dragons  (1 Elder, one Ancient), 2 mammoths and a Giant, and I hit Storm Call (the third word basically makes it a full on hurricane if you remember) and just cable guy'd every damn body

46 minutes ago, Dont Taze Me Bro said:

Please do. I already have a guy waiting to go for PVP ganking. 

Another fun fun trick if you wanna be a dick in pvp. There are two battle grounds from what I remember. One for levels 1-49 and one for level 50and above. 

As as long as you don’t ever leave the battleground.....you can stay in there from 50 until. Meaning at 49 you just never leave and you have an overwhelming advantage once you start leveling up again. I plan to do this. 

14 minutes ago, Llevron said:

Please do. I already have a guy waiting to go for PVP ganking. 

Another fun fun trick if you wanna be a dick in pvp. There are two battle grounds from what I remember. One for levels 1-49 and one for level 50and above. 

As as long as you don’t ever leave the battleground.....you can stay in there from 50 until. Meaning at 49 you just never leave and you have an overwhelming advantage once you start leveling up again. I plan to do this. 

So, if you enter the BG at level 49 and never leave the zone, you can still level up to max level 50 and gain veteran rank?  Can you still get the best gear needed prior to jumping in at 49?

2 hours ago, Xameil said:

3 really good looking FPS games for PSVR being released next year...

Which ones?  You got any trailers?

Did anyone play that Subnautica game?  It's been out on PC for a while but just came to consoles.  It's some survival horror type game but involving SCUBA so it's got me intrigued.  It has pretty good reviews too.  It's only $30 so I'm thinking of snagging it but I might wait a bit until I'd actually have time to play it.

I'm going to pick up the new Monster Boy game this weekend.  I'm going to get it on Switch though so I can play it on my flights next week.

52 minutes ago, purbeast said:

Which ones?  You got any trailers?

Did anyone play that Subnautica game?  It's been out on PC for a while but just came to consoles.  It's some survival horror type game but involving SCUBA so it's got me intrigued.  It has pretty good reviews too.  It's only $30 so I'm thinking of snagging it but I might wait a bit until I'd actually have time to play it.

I'm going to pick up the new Monster Boy game this weekend.  I'm going to get it on Switch though so I can play it on my flights next week.

Theres a YouTube video of them theres 4 shown plus a FZH clip.

Archived