Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Xbox One Vs Ps4

DM72

Just now, Dont Taze Me Bro said:

Why in the heck would you buy Battlefield 4 for $20 when you could have bought Battlefield 1 for $29 and it's the newest and a lot better?  Cause, nobody buys any BF game for campaign, it's about large scale warfare, 32 vs 32.

I probably don't take video games as seriously as you do.

3 minutes ago, Dont Taze Me Bro said:

I don't take games that seriously to be honest.  But was just curious as to why you wouldn't buy the newest version of the game and instead chose an older version when the prices were close to the same.

They'd both be new to me.  I figured if i liked the older one and finished it, i'd have something to move on to.  I don't get too worked up about having the latest and greatest when it comes to video games.  

Just now, PleaseBlitz said:

They'd both be new to me.  I figured if i liked the older one and finished it, i'd have something to move on to.

Makes sense.  I've never been very fond of solo/campaign mode in FPS', I usually play them just for multiplayer.  I did play BF4 campaign because it unlocked weapons for multiplayer.  It wasn't that bad, but I was bored after a few missions.

2 minutes ago, Dont Taze Me Bro said:

Makes sense.  I've never been very fond of solo/campaign mode in FPS', I usually play them just for multiplayer.  I did play BF4 campaign because it unlocked weapons for multiplayer.  It wasn't that bad, but I was bored after a few missions.

Im the opposite.  Here is my original post on this subject:  

3 minutes ago, S.T.real,lights,out said:

BF games not a good choice if your looking to just play solo campaign. IDK if anyone else recommended but Dying Light was a lot of fun. Believe they have added a ton of new content as well.

That or Destiny is a lot of fun as well. 

Would you mind giving a quick rundown (type of game and why you like them) for both of those?  Thanks in advance. :cheers:

If he doesn't like a lot of player interaction and mic'ing up, etc.  I'm not sure Destiny would give him enough story content w/solo play that would satisfy him.  It's a good balance of PvE and PvP, but teamwork is a necessity along with mic'd up communication when doing some of those strikes/raids.  

If he likes FPS multiplayer and doesn't care about doing all the PvE content (raids strikes, etc. that can't be solo'd) then I'd say it's worth it.  But above he said he was the opposite from me and liked campaigns/solo games.  Destiny would get old very quick if just doing the story line, imo.

Just now, Dont Taze Me Bro said:

Ever played Skyrim?  I haven't but it's a huge world and plenty of content and fun from what I've been told.  It's solo too.

I have, I liked it a lot.  Just as background, the Fallout series are my favorite games.  Skyrim is made by the same studio, so I picked up Skyrim between New Vegas and Fallout 4.  

It might have been mentioned before.  But if you are up for a "**** you" of a challenging solo game, check out Dark Souls III (or part I or II) and Bloodborne.  Very fun games that are almost 100% single player.  Very unforgiving too and plenty of challenges.  I'm not one for solo player games and I love this series.  

Alien Isolation is supposed to be really great too (talk with Sin about that one, he finished it).  I own it and haven't gotten around to playing it yet though.

Dying Light was a lot of fun, PB. Sort of a mashup of various zombie elements from different franchises. Plus it features co-op where other people can help you complete missions and clear tough quarantine zones. Only drawback is you need PS Plus to go online, which I view as fiscal rape.

If you've never heard of Quantic Dream, they're a company that specializes in adult themed, interactive narratives. Heavy Rain (gritty crime drama) was a big one many years back, and Beyond: 2 Souls (adventure/supernatural thriller) was good as well. Until Dawn (horror theme). Also check out the TellTale franchise, which has some good interactive narrative games like Batman and The Walking Dead

15 minutes ago, Dont Taze Me Bro said:

Alien Isolation is supposed to be really great too (talk with Sin about that one, he finished it).  

Depends on the gamer. I loved it and think it is criminally underrated, but it is textbook survival horror.

Basically you play Ripleys daughter all grown up, and you get wind of the Nostromo's flight recorder being found, and decide to go off to some backwater space station to retrieve it, when the ****storm to end all ****storms hits the fan, and you are trapped on the station with paranoid groups of survivors, creepy androids and the Alien, literally stalking you around every corner, in a chess match of life/death, to try and fix the stations systems, while keeping it bay, and not splitting you in half.

Archived