Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Es Coverage & Interactive Game Day Thread - Redskins Verses Bears

JimmiJo

Seeing what happened to Bradford today just makes me freak out every time RG3 runs toward the sidelines. I'm happy for a win but I hate seeing us have to rely so much on read option and Griffin running around. We have to be better without using that as a crutch

I agree, but the problem is the amount that we gave up for Robert (two first rounders in which this FO has shown to hit on) coupled with the salary cap penalty we were blind sided with means Robert HAS to do more. 

It's unfortunate, but unless the fans are patient and except, or better yet allow, Robert to simply grow as a passer while the team around him isn't near what it could be otherwise, then Robert needs to be a guy who does more to lift the team, plain and simple.

We see how the fans are for the most part when Robert was staying in the pocket and taking his lumps while the losses racked up. The entire offensive staff has been getting murdered, especially Mike and Kyle. In order for him to just do that, the team around him needs to be better and we're severely restricted because of the two aforementioned things above.

So, we simply need Robert to be a dual threat for us right now to win. Without that, we have too much going against us to compete.

I look forward to having some cap space next year to help solve our secondary and Oline issues. As well as seeing some of our young Olinemen like Gettis and Rib starting to take over. I think Robert will be able to do less as the team around him is able to continue to grow and add players without restriction moving forward.    

Was busy today, didn't get to "watch" (stream the radio). Caught the last drive, (and boy, am I glad I did), but that was it. There's some things I'm wondering about, from the stat sheet.

I see a lot of RG3 rushing yards on the sheet. Were these the much-anticipated read options? Planned runs? Or "nobody open, guess I'll have to run"?

And I'm wondering why, on the last drive, we had Helu in on First Down. (And brought Morris in for 3rd and 1.) Anybody got a clue on that one?

Jordan Reed is going to be a nightmare of Stephen King proportions... For years to come. Jury's still out on the 2013 draft class obviously, but Amerson and Reed are getting better and better every week. Great win today. People can mention the backups that played and this and that, but at the end of the day, it's an NFL victory. Don't care how they did it.

I know, what a great draft pick. It's kind of funny how some of the more criticized picks (Cousins, Amerson, Reed, Morris) end up being way better than the more beloved ones (Rambo, Thompson, etc...). Seems like the only one that was criticized heavily for good reason was Leribeus, who disappointed big time this offseason. But, who knows, he may still pan out. He showed he has the potential last season in his brief time playing. 

I'm hoping that, moving forward, Reed's game today opens things up for Garcon a lot more. He's been smothered poor guy because team's have recognized now that Hankerson and Morgan won't destroy them. Well, Reed just did.    

I get what you are saying and maybe crutch isn't the right word but we need to develop and be better without it. It should be something we break out and use to throw the defense off a handful of times a game not something where we need yards and call it so RG3 can make some magic happen. The 3and out before the Bears last TD is what I mean. Call it back to back on 1st and 2nd down and he takes shots on both.

We need to be better

I don't think the Redskins used it today anymore than they have in previous games.

The read option should never go anywhere. Not as long as it works.

Also, RG3 is going to be hit in games. He just is. I know we Redskin fans got spoiled watching the '91 Hogs keeping Rypien's jersey clean every week, but that is the exception more than the rule. :)

As far as I can tell, the Bears were not called for a single offensive holding the entire game, not one.  Now considering how often we blitzed, do you realize how IMPOSSIBLE that is?  To handle a blitz all day and NEVER hold?  And then of course we have to consider the blatant holding we saw on the screen.

Then of course we hook a guy's jersey with our pinky on a crucial 1st down run and we get called for a hold to offset a personal foul.

I'm telling you, I don't know what the game is here, but we can't buy an offensive hold or block in the back to save our lives.

I have to strongly disagree with this. I like B Mitch. He says things others are thinking, but don't want to say.

Strongly disagree with you. :)

No one holds back from criticizing, lol. The easiest thing in the world to do is be a critic. B Mitch just goes off on everything and because the Skins have been a troubled franchise for so long it's easy to sound right. I can name quite a few things off the top of my head in where he trashed a move Mike made only for it to end up being the right one.      

Good God. Another heart attack game. Been a long time since the skins scored 40+ points.

I'll take the win, but man the defense still is putrid.

Great job by RGIII and the O, keeping us in the game, and pulling out the V.

Hahaha i think you mean pulling out the W.  But "pulling out the V" works even better!!!

Can someone tell me what happen on the rg3 interception? I missed half of the first quarter cause of a baptism for my goddaughter. Was it his fault? was it hanks? was it A fluke etc?Appreciate it.

bad decision by robert.  late on the throw, stared down the receiver, then threw into a crowd.

great insight by Orakpo during his post-game interview. a lot of us (including myself) said we should blow out the Bears with a 2nd string QB. Rak basically said they fully prepared for Cutler. he goes out and they had no film on the back-up. he admitted that they didnt even know who their back-up was going into the game. basically said the lack of intel left them kinda paying it by ear with McCown. even called out the fans a little by saying "it's easy when you watch on tv..." then continued his explanation. 

armchair coaches ftw! lol

Archived